What's your impression about China?

longriver

Do not intend to offense anyone but the recent dispute in China and India, militarily and economically have again draw people's attention to the East of the planet.

One of China's biggest news agency global times is making a survey on the impressions of foreigners to China, may be you can participate and leave your comment.:)>

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
can you please help us with the link where we can put our opinion

longriver

can you please help us with the link where we can put our opinion
I'd love to. But the survey is in other forum and according to the rules of our forum, I can't paste a link here.

I'll put it here and I sincerely hope that the moderator not to erase it:thank_you2:

[mod] well it is running in another forum not by any news agency or something otherwise it could have been in public website hence deleting the link
But I suggest you can ask for individual opinion from forum members
[/mod]

longriver

I'd love to. But the survey is in other forum and according to the rules of our forum, I can't paste a link here.

I'll put it here and I sincerely hope that the moderator not to erase it:thank_you2:

[mod] well it is running in another forum not by any news agency or something otherwise it could have been in public website hence deleting the link
But I suggest you can ask for individual opinion from forum members
[/mod]
OK, thank you for your suggestions.

If anyone who want to know the link of the survey, just send a email to me and I will give the link:help:

[email protected]

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China is a great country. It has a past and it has a future.

As with all countries of the world, no country is perfect. China is great, but not perfect, even if their leaders wish to indicate so.

It is an economic and military powerhouse as of now. It has hegemony aspirations and why not? It has superpower aspirations and why not?

China and the Chinese people have no qualms of what others feel that the population is being ‘suppressed’ by a ‘dictatorial and totalitarian’ Communist regime. The Chinese people don’t feel so and what the Chinese feel is what matters and not what the world thinks should be the right path. The world must understand what ‘Legalism’ that the Chinese people have practised throughout modern history is. Legalism is but what the Communists are only extending – the King or the State knows best! Since we don’t understand Legalism, we claim they are brainwashed. They are not. If what is happening is brainwashing, then it is a historical hand me down.

One can’t blame the Chinese. All Orientals have this father figure fixation or respect for the elders that is alien to the Occidental cultures. Therefore, the Govt or the CCP is the father figure.

Unlike other Oriental countries, because China is under Communism, it is repressive. The Chinese don’t mind it now. If one has visited the ‘freer’ Chinese communities as in Singapore and Hong Kong, they will realise that the Chinese are sharp businessfolks. Money speaks. They live in abject moderation with stark minimalistic existence, but they will reap in money since that is the sole pursuit!

truthfull

China is a great country. It has a past and it has a future.

As with all countries of the world, no country is perfect. China is great, but not perfect, even if their leaders wish to indicate so.

It is an economic and military powerhouse as of now. It has hegemony aspirations and why not? It has superpower aspirations and why not?

China and the Chinese people have no qualms of what others feel that the population is being ‘suppressed’ by a ‘dictatorial and totalitarian’ Communist regime. The Chinese people don’t feel so and what the Chinese feel is what matters and not what the world thinks should be the right path. The world must understand what ‘Legalism’ that the Chinese people have practised throughout modern history is. Legalism is but what the Communists are only extending – the King or the State knows best! Since we don’t understand Legalism, we claim they are brainwashed. They are not. If what is happening is brainwashing, then it is a historical hand me down.

One can’t blame the Chinese. All Orientals have this father figure fixation or respect for the elders that is alien to the Occidental cultures. Therefore, the Govt or the CCP is the father figure.

Unlike other Oriental countries, because China is under Communism, it is repressive. The Chinese don’t mind it now. If one has visited the ‘freer’ Chinese communities as in Singapore and Hong Kong, they will realise that the Chinese are sharp businessfolks. Money speaks. They live in abject moderation with stark minimalistic existence, but they will reap in money since that is the sole pursuit!
i dont have good impression of china as it has ousted dalai lama and other tibetan refuggees from main land tibet even if he is ready to accept chinese control .You may consider as yourself as powerfull and with money but god is almighty.

truthfull

OK, thank you for your suggestions.

If anyone who want to know the link of the survey, just send a email to me and I will give the link:help:

[email protected]
i dont have good impression of china as it has ousted dalai lama and other tibetan refuggees from main land tibet even if he is ready to accept chinese control .You may consider as yourself as powerfull and with money but god is almighty

no smoking

Country flag
i dont have good impression of china as it has ousted dalai lama and other tibetan refuggees from main land tibet even if he is ready to accept chinese control .You may consider as yourself as powerfull and with money but god is almighty.
I have no problem if you don't feel good about china.

But, before I make any comment regarding Dalai Lama, can you tell me what you know about the detailed condition of his acceptance of chinese control?

sob

Mod
Country flag
Do not intend to offense anyone but the recent dispute in China and India, militarily and economically have again draw people's attention to the East of the planet.

One of China's biggest news agency global times is making a survey on the impressions of foreigners to China, may be you can participate and leave your comment.:)>
I am perhaps quite ambivalent about China.

However after a visit to China mainly Shanghai and nearby areas, I was quite impressed with the leap forward taken by the Chinese in terms of infrastructure and other areas. There is a growth in prosperity which is trickling down to different levels of society.

Regarding the political system one can be very critical about it but I agree with many of my European friends that at the end of the day it the average citizen on the street is well on the way to achieve the aspirations that he has been dreaming of, then the political system is working for their society. If there is a Happiness Index then most of the urban population must be rating it quite high.

However in terms of handling it's immedaite neighbours and the international community China can be compared to a Bull in a China shop. It must be sensitive to other countries and most important Be Transparent in international relations.

truthfull

I have no problem if you don't feel good about china.

But, before I make any comment regarding Dalai Lama, can you tell me what you know about the detailed condition of his acceptance of chinese control?
i know ,but what we hear from media persons that he is ready to accept tibet as part of china,but china must give autoomy to tibet,flow of han chinese to tbiet is an aggression on their culture,I think for solution of tibet china must stop flow of han chinese ,secondly granting autonomy.with regards to infrastructure projects chinese has done a job which nobody can do,i am talking of railwayline.

CS1.6

i know ,but what we hear from media persons that he is ready to accept tibet as part of china,but china must give autoomy to tibet,flow of han chinese to tbiet is an aggression on their culture,I think for solution of tibet china must stop flow of han chinese ,secondly granting autonomy.with regards to infrastructure projects chinese has done a job which nobody can do,i am talking of railwayline.
but you see in one country, how could it be possible for banning people to move to another place to live, no matter from inland to Tibet or from Tibet to inland;

and the flow of han chinese you are talking about, i dont get it; because the total population in Tibet is 2.87million, and among which 2.7million are Tibetan;

I dont understand how the flow of the people could be directly organised by CCP, if CCP wants me to living in Tibet, i will tell them to fXXk off, and no one will move to Tibet because they have are told to do so by CCP; they will only move to Tibet if they like the place, or they want to do business over there;

redragon

Country flag
I dont understand how the flow of the people could be directly organised by CCP, if CCP wants me to living in Tibet, i will tell them to fXXk off, and no one will move to Tibet because they have are told to do so by CCP; they will only move to Tibet if they like the place, or they want to do business over there;
I guess the reason our indian friends belive in that way without investigation or logical questioning is they were told so by the "free media". If I tell them I know something because Chinese media said so, guess what they will call me?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
When CCP forces you out of your home and tells you to move to such and such a place or you won't get compensated, you do it. Been done millions of times and will keep happening millions more.

CS1.6

When CCP forces you out of your home and tells you to move to such and such a place or you won't get compensated, you do it. Been done millions of times and will keep happening millions more.
what? please tell me when did it happen that CCP let people move into Tibet? and what did CCP do with the people refuse to move there?

you should cut your bullsh!t and dont say something only exists in your poor mind;

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
what? please tell me when did it happen that CCP let people move into Tibet? and what did CCP do with the people refuse to move there?

you should cut your bullsh!t and dont say something only exists in your poor mind;
Like you don't know people are forced out of their homes by the thousands every day. CCP offers a compensation which includes small money and a new flat location wherever government says. If you have money you do not have to take it but vast majority of Han are too poor and have no choice. The capital of Lahsa is stocked full of Han who have been enticed by these forced compensations to move so they are now the dominant ethnic.

tharikiran

Country flag
hmm..what do I think of China ? Knew it was bigger than India while growing up.
Now, in the last couple of decades it made a lot of progress.It has the money too.

What I have observed in the recent past is it has started flexing its muscles.
Their PR officers are doing a good job.Any negative news in any Indian channel on China is being responded by the Chinese official PR guys.

The fact is they are doing their homework well.The planning is good. May be the discipline from their manufacturing process has trickled down.We Indians including me have ridiculed china being a communist country and the CCP being a dictator.But, as some one from the above post has said; to the common man it doesn't matter, whether Musharaff is the chief or some chao is the chief.
The fact is they have made a difference to the lives of their common people.
ok, some may argue, significant population is still in rural areas.
There are lessons to be learnt for us.
We are like the elephant. Slow and steady...trying to keep everyone happy .

If we want to make the kind of progress which China has made, then the least we can do is have/elect better leaders .

I would really like to see China in a conflict. We all know their troops are not battle hardened. We don't know how their weapon systems work or their re-engineered products work. Once we see them in action it gives us a better idea.

I we want to stand up to the Chinese aggression then we better back it up with quality, quantity .Then it would be nice to listen to Chinese PR officers.The capability is definitely their for us Indians.I have no illusions.
Should Indians compete with the Chinese ? Absolutely. Why not...
If we want to be the best, then we better beat those who are in the front.

Am I wary of China ? Yes, I am.Do I hate China ? hmmm.. na.

CS1.6

The capital of Lahsa is stocked full of Han who have been enticed by these forced compensations to move so they are now the dominant ethnic.
i told you to stop your bullsh!t but you just dont listen;

when did CCP force people moving to Tibet? where is the report and the scource?

when you say something, i hope you know about it, if you dont know, if you just "guess", then it is better not to say it.

CS1.6

hmm..what do I think of China ? Knew it was bigger than India while growing up.
Now, in the last couple of decades it made a lot of progress.It has the money too.

What I have observed in the recent past is it has started flexing its muscles.
Their PR officers are doing a good job.Any negative news in any Indian channel on China is being responded by the Chinese official PR guys.

The fact is they are doing their homework well.The planning is good. May be the discipline from their manufacturing process has trickled down.We Indians including me have ridiculed china being a communist country and the CCP being a dictator.But, as some one from the above post has said; to the common man it doesn't matter, whether Musharaff is the chief or some chao is the chief.
The fact is they have made a difference to the lives of their common people.
ok, some may argue, significant population is still in rural areas.
There are lessons to be learnt for us.
We are like the elephant. Slow and steady...trying to keep everyone happy .

If we want to make the kind of progress which China has made, then the least we can do is have/elect better leaders .

I would really like to see China in a conflict. We all know their troops are not battle hardened. We don't know how their weapon systems work or their re-engineered products work. Once we see them in action it gives us a better idea.

I we want to stand up to the Chinese aggression then we better back it up with quality, quantity .Then it would be nice to listen to Chinese PR officers.The capability is definitely their for us Indians.I have no illusions.
Should Indians compete with the Chinese ? Absolutely. Why not...
If we want to be the best, then we better beat those who are in the front.

Am I wary of China ? Yes, I am.Do I hate China ? hmmm.. na.
haha, very complex feelings, very interesting to read though;

i totally understand your feelings about china;

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
i told you to stop your bullsh!t but you just dont listen;

when did CCP force people moving to Tibet? where is the report and the scource?

when you say something, i hope you know about it, if you dont know, if you just "guess", then it is better not to say it.
Dr Andrew Fischer, expert in Tibet at the Development Studies Institute, at the London School of Economics.

BBC NEWS | UK | Tibet and China: 7 questions

CS1.6

Dr Andrew Fischer, expert in Tibet at the Development Studies Institute, at the London School of Economics.

BBC NEWS | UK | Tibet and China: 7 questions
from your own source:

"Tibetans still make up 93% of the population in the TAR, but there are complaints they are losing out to new arrivals. "

so what's wrong with 7% Han Chinese living in Tibet??

and also, in china i can go which ever province for working and living, why should i be restricted to go to Tibet? this will not make any sense;

so you better shut up for where the Chinese living in their own country, because i couldn't care less what is your attitude for where i am living and working;

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles