What's your favourite Indian holiday?

Soul83

im not very familiar but i like diwaali performed once a online puja for good luck. it was a nice internet tool where you can do it with mouseclicks etc. my small contribution to diwaali

Ashutosh Lokhande

@Soul83 Also try to find out why diwali is celebrated the back story of it is very intresting. and you will also learn something about indian culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhairya Yadav

Diwali! in gujarat, after Diwali, for one week there is a Bandh (strike) like situation, As everybody goes on trips and holidays. its like a tradition here. I have once or twice stayed after Diwali in Ahmedabad, and i can tell you, its like a ghost town.

anupamsurey

Country flag
too many of them, esp when delicacies are involved (which is with every holiday), if we go by our panchang we could have holidays every day of a year, so much for great culture we have

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I like Diwali......

Colorful, bright and joyful.....

Hand full of sweets and crackers.......:hurray:

Soul83

the victory of light over darkness good over evil, there are regional differences though. some believe it is the return of the pandavs, or something to do with lakshmi, i read a bit into it.

Ashutosh Lokhande

the victory of light over darkness good over evil, there are regional differences though. some believe it is the return of the pandavs, or something to do with lakshmi, i read a bit into it.
Yes; glad that you took the initiative to know more about it. :)

If you intrested to know and understand more about indian culture and there way of life in basic and simple format then you might wanna check this out ---> http://hinduism.about.com/od/basics/p/hinduismbasics.htm

Hope most of your queries about indian way of life; beliefs and customs are answered in the above link :)

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I love every festival except one SATANIC CULT FESTIVALS like KILLING ANIMALS,FAKE FASTING(eat 2 times a day),Spilling blood for some old man died etc :rofl:

Yeah I also like every festival :thumb:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
that is my rhetoric abt muslims

Actually i don't like Diwali...... i'm uncomfortable with High sounds & Pollution

During my school days i just fire crackers for 1/2-1hr with my father once my father went inside home, i put all crackers at one place and BOOM :lol:

Yeah .... people put all the crackers in one paper and then do circus to light it :lol: out of fear to go near that :lol:

In my home I used to fire every thing from 1000 wala to "tara Juvvas"

These are like rockets, we used to buy 300 or more and used to fire to light the skies :thumb:

These are not that dangerous if fired properly into skies :thumb:

Then after midnight there used to be competitions where people will divide into teams and stand 200 mts apart and fire at each other, this some times is dangerous.
Some times we used to go to highways at mid night if where there are no people and used to fire these rocket like crackers on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
U misunderstood me,that is not by fear i said na i'm not comfortable with sounds&vigorous vapors.My dad feel bad if i'm not fire those crackers that's why i act few min then :cool2:
This Diwali buy some rockets and wear a mask or hanky around nose and fire ..... it will be fun :thumb:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles