What you Love and Hate about DFI?

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
I like shout box for sure good feature.
I have expectation to interact with Military Professional in this forum.

Areas of improvement
1) Mods are sometimes too strict on things, I do not understand why we also try to delete post which are none flame and short. What is issue, are we trying to over moderate. We should be more flexible with that, if there is no flame.
2) Discussion needs more spice, I found even important events like continuous bombing in Pakistan was not discussed enough. I found lot of time, 10 most recent thread running had nothing important in it. I came and then went back.

I am trying to be very open Mods, spare me the Ban.

StealthSniper

What I like:

Talking to Sabir and Ahmed

What I hate:

Sabir and Ahmed confusing me

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
What I like:

Talking to Sabir and Ahmed

What I hate:

Sabir and Ahmed confusing me
well mate, what do you like doing more, liking them or hating them.

now be careful on what you say, for if you like them ....... ah i mean a bit too much, rohit is going to be damn angry with you and in case you like hating them more, ahmed would be too happy to get to ban someone at last after ages, and well be sabir is going to bombard you with infinite number of jokes on you and some rather cool cartoons! :D

StealthSniper

Well guess what I wonder if they will hate or love me if I combine the 2 names into one.

Sabir and Ahmed are officially

SABIHMED.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Oi....stop blaming me. Haven't I stopped logging in from Ahmedsid ID...????
Now people will not be confused.

StealthSniper

I am going to take the risk and say I LIKE Sabir and Ahmed. They are BOTH funny and SMART and COOL and both wish they can get the girls like I can. LOL.

A.V.

so at last sabir and ahmed are back?
no sooner did ahmed vanish sabir went slow i really suspect something fishy????
the supermods and mods on dfi are too smart even i am scared of them SS you better take guard now ritesh is following you as well god spare you if singhji joins to pull your leg too

Blitz

Founding Member
the one i like most is the friendly attitude of the members here quite a contrast from the other fora around
where is sabir i am waiting for new cartoons

Triton

Founding Member
Hi, back after a long long time, things have changed drastically , the forum has taken a good shape and like the feeling that its still not degraded to a mud slinging place
my personal commitments have kept me away for almost a year good to be back now , have renewed my interest in prime discussions when i left this place was getting bit monotonous and boring but looking great now
congratulations to the team of members for their good work

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Hi, back after a long long time, things have changed drastically , the forum has taken a good shape and like the feeling that its still not degraded to a mud slinging place
my personal commitments have kept me away for almost a year good to be back now , have renewed my interest in prime discussions when i left this place was getting bit monotonous and boring but looking great now
great to see you back Triton. a very happy birthday, hope you had a good one. cheers!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/////////

Triton

Founding Member
great to see you back Triton. a very happy birthday, hope you had a good one. cheers!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/////////

thank you ritesh i have a new title now just noticed it but my avatars and pictures are all gone

A.V.

hey mate nice to see you back i tried contacting you a lot but failed read the problem that you encountered will try and fix it...
hope you will be regular from now

@IB - this is default theme we will add another stable theme later on its a new vbulletin version will take time to mature and sink in

StealthSniper

I really want the DFI gallery back. I love seeing Indian military equipment and also exercises and stuff. I am sure A.V is working on it though.

lodaxstax

Hii.

Thanks for providing this great forum for members to discuss on Indian defence and other topics. Thanks to all the moderators for doing a wonderful job.

Is it possible to have longer pages and more reading on a single page ( akin to BRF) than just few posts and change of page? it really makes for cumbersome reading.

Another suggestion, if we can reduce the size of avatar and info slot on the left of the post, it will make the pages more reader friendly.

my 2 paisa.

thanks

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Hii.

Thanks for providing this great forum for members to discuss on Indian defence and other topics. Thanks to all the moderators for doing a wonderful job.

Is it possible to have longer pages and more reading on a single page ( akin to BRF) than just few posts and change of page? it really makes for cumbersome reading.

Another suggestion, if we can reduce the size of avatar and info slot on the left of the post, it will make the pages more reader friendly.

my 2 paisa.

thanks
Go to your settings (displayed on the top most bar, where DFI is written), from there on the left hand bar click on Forum Settings, in here on the page displayed under the header Thread Display Option, change your posts viewed/page under the header Number of Posts to Show Per Page, the options are – 5/10/20/30/40, take your pick and customize as per your preference.

lodaxstax

Go to your settings (displayed on the top most bar, where DFI is written), from there on the left hand bar click on Forum Settings, in here on the page displayed under the header Thread Display Option, change your posts viewed/page under the header Number of Posts to Show Per Page, the options are – 5/10/20/30/40, take your pick and customize as per your preference.
thank you. that helps.

xebex

I like the chatbox feature big time.

I hate that I don't have any 'banning' power :p

BunBunCake

Bad:
- Few Pakistani, Chinese members, or even other countries..
- Didn't find a lot of think tanks or def pro's
- Threads with inaccurate information
- All of us ganging up on badguy (poor him XD, he needs a chinese partner)
- This forum needs more popularity....

Good
#1 reason i'm in this forum:
- NO hate displayed towards any country. Pakistan, China, who ever! Nor do i see this website filled up with discussions like "PAK-FA vs J-XX" or hundreds of threads with "Al-Khalid vs. Arjun"

- Friendly community
- Shoutbox :D
- I like the Sardar smilie :D
- Displays how respectable this forum is, we have all flags.... unlike some forums who leave out countries ;)
- Well moderated site, I can see the mods here are friendly and not arrogant and grumpy with their rank.

Guys, we seriously need some publicity!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Raja, There are reasons for Pakistanis not joining up, we are not the pissing contest forum, we are DFI

We have Chinese members here, and we have teamed up a Big Chinese News Group/Forum to hold debates and all

Report the Threads with Innacurate Info. You should have done that, rather than tell it here without specifying where or what threads they were. Then we got to remember we are Humans after all, and we make Mistakes

No one gangs up on Badguy, he gangs up on you! :) Seriously Badguy is one strong guy, he can take on the whole of the Indian Army and live to tell a tale :)

This forum is popular, and we are growing. Plus we are going through major upgrade and will be getting more google hits once some support features are sorted out. Do check the number of members online and see the growth.

And Yes, We are all friends here, after a hard days debate, we cool off in the shoutbox, and hell we might even go onto ban people after the cool off :) God Speed

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles