What military equipment would YOU like to see in the Indian Armed Forces

SanjeevM

Country flag
Recently they showed a civilians rifle firing range on some channels. They were good. They asked they should be sent to front in the event of a war as they are good at sniper rifles. I wish good sniper training institutes are there for army as well. Snipers can take a toll on enemy all round the year. Get good sniper rifles from abroad if needed.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Machine gun big f.......
HAHAHA

FOR ME what i would like to see besides my earllier request in this thread for a thermonuke

is for the army to acquire a political system that has a backbone ! :biggrin2:

reference for omment :-
....... ..

vayuu1

Country flag
One and only Star Wars project a laser based weapon platform capable of not only destroying any type of weapons and it's launch platform but also any electric and non electric things that comes in its path

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Khagesh

Rafale,
F-35,
F-16,
Ford Class,
Merkava
Scorpene
S-400,
Any western small arms (or may be all western small arms)
Anti material rifle which must weigh lower than whatever
M-777
Chinook
A-330
Guardian
Predator
Indian Army designed next generation Tank
P-8I
Harpoon
Gripen
Ceramic bullet proof Jockey wala kacha

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Atleast we should copy this vityaz missile system. It had a range of 120km. It had 12 missiles per launcher good for theater defense.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Here is the S-300 and S-400 missile system details................
0004.jpg
0005.jpg

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
the kind of equipment i would like to see , is , i blelieve the one that will make the biggest difference

it's not hardware but rather software

it's not for the machine but rather for management

its for the human brain and in a sense it will be doctrinal

it is a comitment to indegenous manufacture above imports and a commitment to blow the whistle on corruption

it should be a high leel team that reports only to Def Min ( when we get one , Chief Justice and the PM direct ..... you see just PM alone is not enough , look at the bofors case of the 1980's

it's members should gradually rotate although the must not then be put in junior positions where they can be implicitly threatened knowing that later they will be vulnerable

how that team will be formed is the tough question and i cant cover all that here and now ....but this is what we need !

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
What is Indian Armed Forces' perception of PK or PKM machine gun ?

Asking because i found a potentially perfect machine gun while lurking in Arsenal's website (that Bulgarian manufacturer which supplied a lot of kalashnikovs to our armed forces).

It's a PKM based 7.62 x 51mm NATO,disintegrating belt link fed Machine gun,named Arsenal MG-M2.

Though,If we compare this to our own OFB made 7.62 NATO Belt Fed Machine Gun,Both weapons are so similar to each other that it makes me think there might be some chances that Bulgarians helped us develop a belt fed machine gun,based upon Arsenal MG-M2,or we take some 'inspiration' from this weapon and made up our own 7.62 NATO belt fed machine gun ?:hmm: :confused1:

Comparison between Arsenal MG-M2 and OFB 7.62 NATO BELT FED LMG

Arsenal MG-M2 technical specifications,taken from Arsenal's website

OFB 7.62 NATO Belt Fed Machine Gun and Technical Specifications

The noticeable difference between the two is that OFB gun has some FN MAG elements (like barrel locking/replacing mechanism,buttstock etc.) and Arsenal MG-M2 is just a remade variant of PKM,of course.

For more information,visit http://www.arsenal-bg.com/c/machine-guns-26/762x51-mm-mg-m2-56

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I honestly think India should join the Franco-German 6th generation fighter project. It is too late to get any benefit from F-35 or PAK FA. The only choice is to get on the ground floor to fight for equitable work-share.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
My choices.....

Foregn

1) SCAR H for Special Forces in limited no
2) CV90120T Scorpion ....best as replacement of Ajeya tanks ,of course with Indian customization
3) Gorshkov Class Frigates
4) David's Sling
5) Additionaly 2A48 or at least 2A46-M5 ,125 mm and L/55 ,120 mm gun technology along with M829Mk IV/Vaccum rounds

These foreign systems will be ok

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
My choices.....

Foregn

1) SCAR H for Special Forces in limited no
2) CV90120T Scorpion ....best as replacement of Ajeya tanks ,of course with Indian customization
3) Gorshkov Class Frigates
4) David's Sling
5) Additionaly 2A48 or at least 2A46-M5 ,125 mm and L/55 ,120 mm gun technology along with M829Mk IV/Vaccum rounds

These foreign systems will be ok
1)I think our guys will not like Scar-H because of it's reciprocating charging handle, i will take time to adjust for using this gun.
2)I prefer Japanese Type-10 tank or SOKO's K2 Black panther.
3)CV90 will be good for the replacing BMP-2 as combat vehicles.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
In my dream world,

Indian navy: 6 ford class level AC's
50 heavy destroyers
30 SSK with AIP
24 SSN
6 SSBN with 10,000 km range SLBM's
IAF: 1000 F22 type 5th gen aircraft
200 long range stealth bombers
Triple the number of s400 regiments
Indian Army: 3000 FMBT
300 attack helis mostly LCH
HK 417 copy battle rifles
Helmet mounted Night vision/thermal vision becoming standard gear, not only for SF.
Thousands of long range cruise missiles

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
What I wrote in 2015 is still largely relevant now. Although, my hopes have been crushed, and now I ask for more down to earth kind of weapons like 10 squadron AMCA, 14 squadron LCA, INS Vishaal, etc.
1.Supercomputers for the Army
I would like to see supercomputers being used for cyber warfare. Cyber warfare units would have to be created in the Corps of Signals. The supercomputers would allow them to create weapons grade code. However, proper training in the field of coding will have to be provided to select personnel of the corps. The corps itself would require an accretion in manpower. EW capabilities also need to be enhanced in conjunction.
2.Strategic Bombers for the Air Force
It goes without saying that the bomber needs to have stealth capabilities. That would really enhance our nuclear strike and strategic bombardment capability and greatly enhance deterrence. It would also complicate Chinese air defence planning, most of which is concentrated along China's coast. Please note that it would also make Indian Air Force the only one (apart from U.S.(stealth), China and Russia) that operates such an aircraft. It also complements cold start doctrine.
Note: A bomber needs to have a range of at least 8000 km to be classified as a Strategic Bomber.
3.Aegis-class air defence destroyers and LASER CIWS for the Navy:
Aegis-class air defence destroyers : These destroyers would have area defence and anti-satellite capabilities. This would render the Df-21D obsolete to an extent.
LASER CIWS : For protection against the Wu-14 and the like. (I know the system sounds far fetched but so is the weapon it is supposed to defend from)
4.Strategic Forces Command:
A decent Biological WMD with an antidote. The WMD should not kill but incapacitate the targets. And of course, it should be easy to deploy and disperse.
5.Structural change:
This does not qualify as equipment, but still.....
A Joint Chief of Staff and a Defence ministry run by retired Officers of the three services, not bureaucrats that have no knowledge of military what-so-ever.
PS: I wrote this 4 days after I joined DFI.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
This....

UK's new laser weapons that could blast drones from the air, destroy missiles and blind enemy pilots

British soldiers, ships and warplanes could be going into battle armed with Star Wars-style lasers by mid the 2020s.

The Ministry of Defence has signed a £30million contract for a prototype weapon from a consortium called UK Dragonfire.

It will fire high-energy bursts of light capable of destroying rockets, ships and missiles in the blink of an eye.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ir-destroys-missiles-blinds-enemy-pilots.html

And this....

Ideal for a squad for speedy cross country military reconnaissance over difficult / riveraine terrain. However, they need to do something about the noise factor!!

Last edited:

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles