What military equipment would YOU like to see in the Indian Armed Forces

pmaitra

Why?We could make these but as i mentioned it makes no sense to spend sparse funds developing non strategic platforms from scratch when we can just buy the tech. We can wait to develop our own ekranoplanes Until we have developed all the strategic platforms we want.
Because these babies are a proven design now and also because having a squadron of these babies would give us a very credible surprise attack naval weapon system. The Skjold class and the Visby are probably the most stealthy surface vessels on the market right now, this could become the core of a new surprise package on Karachi. i would spread these sixteen into four groups of four operating from various bases in Gujarat . In the time of a crisis these "wolfpacks" could make it to striking distance of Karachi , launch strike packages of the NSM(these also have a land attack capability which we could use to take out KANUPP) and make it back to their home bases all in a little more than 5-6 hours.
P.S i plan to keep the Visby squadron in the Andamans.
Here is why (please see highlighted text below):
@roma , LCA is not that big a success as a platform but is responsible for the creation of domestic manufacturing habitat which will bear its fruits in time to come.
Additionally, buying vessels or buying tech (of which we will never get 100%) for vessels will not be cheap. Most things from the west are overpriced.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Here is why (please see highlighted text below):

Additionally, buying vessels or buying tech (of which we will never get 100%) for vessels will not be cheap. Most things from the west are overpriced.
I totally agree with you on the creation of a domestic MIC however that does not mean that we spend resources to develop from scratch what can easily be acquired by our private manufacturers via JV's . My entire list of items is spaced to provide space for both domestically developed products and products to be acquired via a JV.
The products will be substantially more expensive only if imported as CBU units. We should try to acquire such non strategic tech via JVs and then build the same with a high level of indeginization (replace the NSM with BRAHMOS in a larger sized vessel). This will reduce cost and time.

pmaitra

I totally agree with you on the creation of a domestic MIC however that does not mean that we spend resources to develop from scratch what can easily be acquired by our private manufacturers via JV's . My entire list of items is spaced to provide space for both domestically developed products and products to be acquired via a JV.
The products will be substantially more expensive only if imported as CBU units. We should try to acquire such non strategic tech via JVs and then build the same with a high level of indeginization (replace the NSM with BRAHMOS in a larger sized vessel). This will reduce cost and time.
You have a valid point. We have to see the trade-off. Is it wiser to build everything in India, is it wiser to have a join venture, or is it wiser to buy off the shelf? Everything is subjective.

Now coming to those surface effect craft, building domestic capability will not only help the Navy, but the Coast Guard as well.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
You have a valid point. We have to see the trade-off. Is it wiser to build everything in India, is it wiser to have a join venture, or is it wiser to buy off the shelf? Everything is subjective.

Now coming to those surface effect craft, building domestic capability will not only help the Navy, but the Coast Guard as well.
True, we will need domestic capability in the long term. The 16 skjolds i mention can only be a stopgap measure for ten odd years. As the PLAN transitions into a force with more than double the high value assests of the IN we shall and should adopt the same tactics the PLAN employs vis a vis the USN to suit our purposes. Namely large numbers of maritime strike aircraft, cheap littoral/green water SSKs and dozens of small missile craft. The 16 Skjolds and 16 Visby's I proposed in my post are to only act as a stop gap measure and a precursor to a hundred strong missile craft force ( forty east coast flotilla, forty west coast flotilla, twenty andaman guards)we will ultimately need.

Black knight

Country flag
guys hw abt AC-130 gunships which we gt has C-130 and we can modify to suit us it can be also used by spec ops

Black knight

Country flag
I want to see Indian soldiers being equipped with night vision goggles. All strike corps and not just special forces or NSG's. This should have been done by now. Getting them of the shelf is not difficult either.I would always want the infantry to have a conventional edge in terms of equipment over PAK and China.
definitely we should buy it especially for BSF guys

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Here's my bucket list:
  • A biiiiiig dry-dock (which can build 70,000T+ oilers and super-carriers)
  • F-15 Strike Eagle (or Silent Eagle), at least six squadrons
  • M777A2 howitzers (at least 400 units)
  • Three more C17s
  • Six more C130Js
  • Three more A-50EI Phalcons
  • INS Chakra lease mutated to sale
  • INS Jalashwa US Congress approval clause struck down
  • Two more vessels in the ATV-Arihant class
  • Three Lada subs (because their lithium-ion batteries and AIP give them 2-3x the submersibility of Kilos)
  • Eight more Tarantul missile boats
  • A heli-carrier like the Mistral (or at least a kick in the butt to accelerate indigenous amphibians)
  • At least 12 small-medium landing vessels
  • Three more 40,000T-range oilers
  • At least 500 FICVs
  • A wheeled light-tank with a 40 mm gun and remote .50cal turret, for mountain division
  • 320 more T-90S units
  • A quantitative BMD program with installations in each state
  • Accelerated FINSAS program
  • A more wholesome combat/all-day MRE pack standardized, with at least 10 different menus

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Here's my bucket list:
  • Three more C17s
  • Six more C130Js
  • Three Lada subs (because their lithium-ion batteries and AIP give them 2-3x the submersibility of Kilos)
  • A heli-carrier like the Mistral (or at least a kick in the butt to accelerate indigenous amphibians)
  • At least 500 FICVs
  • A wheeled light-tank with a 40 mm gun and remote .50cal turret, for mountain division
  • 320 more T-90S units
  • A more wholesome combat/all-day MRE pack standardized, with at least 10 different menus
It was like shopping list for navy and army..what about airforce?
Instead of F-15 ...I prefer F-18 Hornet.what do u say?

Chinmoy

Country flag
Here's my bucket list:
  • Three more C17s
  • Six more C130Js
  • At least 500 FICVs
  • 320 more T-90S units
I would like to add something like a stealth strategic bomber (5 to 10 in no's) in this list. :)

Blackwater

Here's my bucket list:
  • Three more C17s
  • Six more C130Js
  • At least 500 FICVs
  • 320 more T-90S units

With or without tender [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji3][emoji3][emoji28][emoji28]

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@tarunraju interesting list there, why the tarantula though?
We can go for some next gen stealth killers instead.

vayuu1

Country flag
Jyada kuch nhi, bas
150 f22 raptors
250 fgfa
600 Amca(omni role )
1000 Fglca
50 stealth bomber(unmanned )
100 hypersonic strike aircraft
250 long range heavy bombers
300 ground attack aircraft
500 EW aircraft
250 awacs
15ssbn
15 ssgn
35 ssn

3 Nuclear power aircraft carrier
5 nuclear power attack carrier
Frigates
Corvette
Martime aircraft
Martime petroling boats
A system better than s-400
Kali laser system (with technological readiness level 7)
Durga laser system (same )
Naval Fgfa
Naval Amca
Naval Fglca
Stealth multirole helicopter
Metal storm weapon system (unmanned with the option of mounting it on vehicles )

150 Icbm(Mirved with 8 nuclear warheads 250 kt each)
350 Slbm-icbm (Mirved with 10 nuclear warhead 300 KT each)
An assault rifle with camera and infrared with movable front so that while you dont want to show ur self to enemy you can use the camera on the front of rifle and adjust the front of rifle acc to it and shoot.
Stealth light combat helicopter
Hypersonic Alcm
Hypersonic slcm
A laser based missile defence system
T-90 2500 units
Landing vessels
Reusable Combat drones 3000 atleast.
Unmanned combat aircraft 200

6mt nuclear test.

Black knight

Country flag
Oh my god this is one of the most superb christmas wish list of any ppl in the world:brahmos::balleballe:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
They're cheap and can be bought in big numbers. I forgot to add - at least 15 Westland SeaKing ASW copters.
The Cheapness factor is truly an USP , the KORA class corvettes cost us only 36$ million each. That's dirt cheap for something that carrier 16 Klubs. Pity we stopped construction at only 4 examples,we should look at building 20-30 more improved KORA's at a price point of around 50-60$ million/unit.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@vayuu1 - the Indian economy is poised to expand to 6 trillion$ by 2025, we should become the third largest global defence spender starting 2022 at least. Considering a stable 2.5% of GDP spent on defence the budget at that point should rise to $150billion/annum (interestingly around a third of Pakistan's GDP)with at least 50-60$billion/annum earmarked only for purchases.
Then your list could actually come true!

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Stealth submarine drones with some torpedo launching capability so we can sneak up on the enemy naval bases and devour their fleet.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Jyada kuch nhi, bas
150 f22 raptors
250 fgfa
600 Amca(omni role )
1000 Fglca
50 stealth bomber(unmanned )
100 hypersonic strike aircraft
250 long range heavy bombers
300 ground attack aircraft
500 EW aircraft
250 awacs
15ssbn
15 ssgn
35 ssn

3 Nuclear power aircraft carrier
5 nuclear power attack carrier
Frigates
Corvette
Martime aircraft
Martime petroling boats
A system better than s-400
Kali laser system (with technological readiness level 7)
Durga laser system (same )
Naval Fgfa
Naval Amca
Naval Fglca
Stealth multirole helicopter
Metal storm weapon system (unmanned with the option of mounting it on vehicles )

150 Icbm(Mirved with 8 nuclear warheads 250 kt each)
350 Slbm-icbm (Mirved with 10 nuclear warhead 300 KT each)
An assault rifle with camera and infrared with movable front so that while you dont want to show ur self to enemy you can use the camera on the front of rifle and adjust the front of rifle acc to it and shoot.
Stealth light combat helicopter
Hypersonic Alcm
Hypersonic slcm
A laser based missile defence system
T-90 2500 units
Landing vessels
Reusable Combat drones 3000 atleast.
Unmanned combat aircraft 200

6mt nuclear test.
250 AWACS ?? Bhai, where are you going to use so many?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles