What kind of a Haphazard army defence of Arunachal

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i read a number of reports on the main indian newsmedia on the net that every winter the army withdraws from the border line and when they return after the cold winter they see chinese troops occupying new forward positions ....this happens year after year
i would like to ask the question ? what kind of army is it that can withdraw positions if it is too cold ....and why it is not too cold for the chinese soldiers ? what about russian soldiers guarding ussuri riverf positions against chinese ....they sure didnt withdraw bcos too cold ? it would have been
laughable
what kind of management does the indian army haev that cant solve these (relatively ) simple basic problems that other military as mentioned above and i forget to add the usa military in the far colder alaska duty.
how do they expect to win a war or even be respected if they withdraw every winter ??
and that argument that china withdrew from arunachal in 62 bcos of no logistic support , well over the years they now have a road .

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
officer of engrs ...the reports stated that the indian army saw the chinese occupying new positions , so on the info in that report i assume they WERE there .....but you may have other info , so please , if possible tell us about that ....im only going by what i read over the net ( well known media ) ..... even the member of parliament for arunachal said that chines are occupying 2km minto the border and there was supposed to have been a parliamentary visit to arunachal to determine the position , but no public news about that so far ...

Officer of Engineers

Professional
The only reports I've seen is that the Chinese are occupying new positions that are clearly on their side of the border. The "incursions," however, are moved markers which is the same game both sides play every year. The Indians discover the border markers have been moved and then, they moved them back. The Chinese discover the markers have been moved and then, they moved them back. I do not recall one incident where Chinese and Indian patrols meet at the same time over the same border marker.

Rage

DFI TEAM
That is bang on the money.

Infact, the Chinois have made brief incursions into Bhutanese territory as well - the Dolam plateau - to which the Indians responded by relocating the 27th Mountain Division based in Jammu to North-east Bengal adjacent to Sikkim's tri-point with Bhutan.

Nevertheless, the Chinese seemed to have let up a little on the aggression front in 2009. In 2008, there were 270-odd recorded "transgressions" into Indian territory (displacement of recorders). So far, up until August of this year, ther've been 60.

The establishment however is not merely sitting tight twiddling its thumbs. In addition to the deployment of 60,000 troops (of which there is talk unofficially of being permanent- there is evident need for an augmented deployment in Arunachal Pradesh), India has also deployed T-72's and a squadron of Su-30 MKI's in Tezpur and Chabua.

The brunt of aggressive patrolling however remains in Ladakh- in the Demchok, Koyul and Chushul areas adjacent to. In response, the ministry has set up forward landing bases in Daulat Beg Oldi and Chushul in Ladakh.

The Governor of Arun'aachal Pradesh (also former Army Chief), J.J. Singh, has apparently assured the people that two more divisions comprising 25,000 to 30,000 personnel (each) will be deployed in the next two years. He has also alluded to a spurt in ongoing construction work of border roads in the region and enhanced intelligence gathering.

masterofsea

i read a number of reports on the main indian newsmedia on the net that every winter the army withdraws from the border line and when they return after the cold winter they see chinese troops occupying new forward positions ....this happens year after year.
newsmedia,you used this "words".I suppose you are a Mongolian Chinese who speak chinese and can't speak mongolian. am I right?

Officer of Engineers

Professional
Nevertheless, the Chinese seemed to have let up a little on the aggression front in 2009. In 2008, there were 270-odd recorded "transgressions" into Indian territory (displacement of recorders). So far, up until August of this year, ther've been 60.
The riots in Xinjiang and Tibet has a lot to do with that. The CAPF is stretched thin for internal patrols and the PLA is not willing to help out.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Chinese intrude in the Dolam Plateau as 'graziers'! ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles