What is the meaning of your DFI name?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
So, what made you choose your DFI name?

Some of the names are really interesting and I wonder about the motivation behind your choice. Use this thread for lazy banter and explain the meaning of your name.

I will begin with mine:-

Sakal Gharelu Ustad- It comes from Sakal Gharelu Utpad i.e. GDP. I was interested in discussing economic issues but calling yourself Sakal Gharelu Utpad is a bit boring, so twisted it to Ustad instead. What is your reason?

@VIP- do you wear VIP underwear and hence the name or.....
@DingDong- are you really into ding dong
@Mad Indian- are you really mad
@OneGrimPilgrim- what does that even mean

Those with boring names can just tell they used their regular names.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I am a Mad Indian- both Angry Indian and Nutcase Indian . Angry at the fact that India has neither lived to its true potential nor is there any indication for that to happen any time soon. Nutcase in the sense that, people who think too far ahead from the society are seen as nutcases by then society- be it Darwin, Tesla , Copernicus, only to be proven right later. Hence my name Mad Indian :p

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I work of an accountant on a computer repair centre and the most things I do is making indexes for watching sales.
Whenever I have to repair a computer, I will change its outer parts and looks in a stylish way.
I will replace disk writer with a structure like lizard mouth and so on.
Customers also like this.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Chose the avatar name as it was short to type and has links to great people like Peter the Great/Peter Parker :biggrin2:. Also I was a bit skeptical to give my original name which would have clashed with one of our moderator`s name.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Mine is first initial and last name.

My last name has the same meaning as Texas.

We have a thread on this:
What do your Screen Name and Avatar mean?
After looking up the wiki it seems Texas comes form Tejas meaning friends. However I do not think our title Maitra means friends. (Mitra does mean being friends or allies.) I have heard it is because of the worship of the sun god Surya,Vishnu deites like Ram,Krishna and Mitra that the title came to existence.

However there is also a theory that Maitra is probably derived form the title Mishra. In that case it would mean friend or allies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maitra
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mishra
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitra_(Vedic)

pmaitra

@Peter,

It is etymologically related to Mithra, the Indo-Iranian God of Covenant. Covenant is noting but alliance. Tejas means the same thing. Mitra, Maitri, etc., are derivatives thereof. The Greek derivative is Mithras.

I doubt Mishra has anything to do with it.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
OK Ladies, the best name award goes to me. :biggrin2:

Hit&Run

My name arose from a negative notion that we Indians have reduced from an offensive force to a defensive sitting duck. Both is military context and mentality (defeatist) of average Indians.

I relegated it further to more desperate times when you are further reduced to a guerrilla force.

Ideally we should be a preemptive hyper power who picks her battles of own choosing of place and time. But being a guerrilla best suits us today where we cause maximum damage to the adversary and run back to cover up, preserve and replenish.

In the context of blogging here, one can be easily get bogged down here with barge of many posts hurled at you. My name is an honest submission that I won't get involved after certain engagement. The reasons can be many like I am busy with life, wife and kids, I don't think your argument is worth my time, I have said what I wanted to say and have left it to the larger audience to agree or disagree, I hate collateral damage calling out my mates to a level where either one could snap.

My picture depicts end game we all should prepare for, where the Tiger will pull his claws out and jaw in a fictional creature called dragon down.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@Peter,

It is etymologically related to Mithra, the Indo-Iranian God of Covenant. Covenant is noting but alliance. Tejas means the same thing. Mitra, Maitri, etc., are derivatives thereof. The Greek derivative is Mithras.

I doubt Mishra has anything to do with it.
May be from Vishwamitra.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
OK Ladies, the best name award goes to me. :biggrin2:

Hit&Run

My name arose from a negative notion that we Indians have reduced from an offensive force to a defensive sitting duck. Both is military context and mentality (defeatist) of average Indians.

I relegated it further to more desperate times when you are further reduced to a guerrilla force.

Ideally we should be a preemptive hyper power who picks her battles of own choosing of place and time. But being a guerrilla best suits us today where we cause maximum damage to the adversary and run back to cover up, preserve and replenish.

In the context of blogging here, one can be easily get bogged down here with barge of many posts hurled at you. My name is an honest submission that I won't get involved after certain engagement. The reasons can be many like I am busy with life, wife and kids, I don't think your argument is worth my time, I have said what I wanted to say and have left it to the larger audience to agree or disagree, I hate collateral damage calling out my mates to a level where either one could snap.

My picture depicts end game we all should prepare for, where the Tiger will pull his claws out and jaw in a fictional creature called dragon down.
When I first saw your screen name long back, the first thing that came to my mind was the war cry of the Madras Regiment:
"Veera Madrassi, Adi Kollu, Adi Kollu (Brave Madrassi, Hit and Kill, Hit and Kill!)"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles