What is a sonofabitch?

Sailor

Americans have a saying to describe something that they don't care for.
Sonofabitch. Well here's one if anyone wants to know what it means.

:usa:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
In the subcontinent, such expletives are taken quite literally. Never use any expletives beyond "Fucker" if you don't want to anger a South Asian.

Su-47

ya. In foreign countries, the word bastard is used very lightly. people always say, "you luck bastard" all the tme.

In the subcontinent, the people actually have this habit of reading into these things. If someone is called a bastard, he'll think, "Hey that guy just called me a bastard, which means he is implying that I don't know who my father is. Thats like calling my mother a whore! I have to beat that guy up now!"

This doesn't apply to all south asians, but unfortunately, does apply to a sizeable chunk of the population.

Sailor

We have a saying in the West. "If the cap fits, wear it".

NikSha

Happens everywhere. Like with Bhajji and his infamous "maaki" gaali to Symonds (too much make-up)... which came out as "monkey" to the first world, westernized ears.

So from now on, I propose that every government on this planet share a list of gaali which can then be passed on the general population. We will all be well informed in the end.

Tankie

Professional
Its a very light term used to describe the majority of cross party u/k politicians :2guns:

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
In the subcontinent, such expletives are taken quite literally. Never use any expletives beyond "Fucker" if you don't want to anger a South Asian.
Ya sure!!!!

Hat bahin C.

:D

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
You know just saying how us guys in subcontinent talk (not in front of ladies and kids, excluding chikna log and other type of chamans).

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
You know just saying how us guys in subcontinent talk (not in front of ladies and kids, excluding chikna log and other type of chamans).
Lol, :wink: :D :D
I guess then Mr Praveen Kumar of the Royal Challengers Bangalore is not a chikna or a chaman. :D Did you guys hear it during the match, when Manish Pandey misfielded during the Final?

Known_Unknown, r u from Tamilnadu?

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
I know i think something like "kya kar raha hai B-C".

Some guys do get real sensitive about it all, my boss (in the last job i had) was a very very frank guy, he used to call people with very colourfull names, (bose-dk, BC, MC etc. etc.), a guy at work once took such great offense to this that he came back to his desk and started typing his resignation letter.
We told him to give as good as he gets and type the good old DSMCMC letter:
Dear Sir,

Maa Ch*#@#, Mai Chala.

In college this new lecturar from tamilnadu ended up teaching us manufacturing process-I, oh the poor chap, everyone used to greet him with M-C Sir or B-C Sir, and used to rhyme it with good morning sir with a smile on their face, the poor guys used to respond with "yes yes, good morning", till the story got to one of the teaching staff, he learned every little swear word in the book after that.

However every region has its own swear words and ways people use it, while guys often use BC or MC, have not heard any one call out kutiya ke aulad, that will just be weird.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Known_Unknown, r u from Tamilnadu?
No, I'm not. Was that cursing in Tamil? Maybe that's why I didn't understand. :wink:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles