What did you Eat Today?

Nirvana

I am not a South Indian but like south Indian food a lot , My new Colleagues most of them are South Indian so i have lunch with them - So Dosa,Sambar,Medu Vada,Idli have became part of my daily diet

My thank's to Person who invented "IDLI" :thumb:

Last edited:

Param

Pigeon pea/red gram (Thuvaram parapu) and Daal (payatham parapu) are considered a must (for brain development) in the case of vegetarian children. Many say it isn't advisable to feed on Ragi alone
Never heard of that ever before.

I used to think that Ladies finger is good for brain development. Its my favorite vegetable.

Any way, a balanced diet is good enough for all kind of development.

SPIEZ

Country flag
I love pretty ladies and their fingers :troll:

Iamanidiot

Question to Tamilians.

Why do you guys only eat tiffins at night it drives me crazy

SPIEZ

Country flag
You love their fingers?So is it the other way round?:pound:
Yup! Fingers around my "you-know-what", you pervert !

Question to Tamilians.

Because meals are heavy and they drive ppl to sleep, hence it should only be eaten during they day. Tiffin is light, and doesn't drive people to sleep, hence it should be taken during the night :troll:
They true reason, eating in the night would lead to being obese, hence a light dinner.
PS Body builders don't eat after 7 P.M.

Param

Question to Tamilians.

I don't know the reason. Maybe because it is not heavy like meals.

But frankly, I can eat anything edible at night provided it is healthy and tastes good.

Iamanidiot

I don't know the reason. Maybe because it is not heavy like meals.

But frankly, I can eat anything edible at night provided it is healthy and tastes good.
Whenever I order rice at Chennai for dinner the answer will be "Telugaa!!".It drives me nuts frankly tiffins are quite bad for health at night as one must take more varieties during night.The Tamil tiffin addiction drives me crazy

SPIEZ

Country flag
Whenever I order rice at Chennai for dinner the answer will be "Telugaa!!".It drives me nuts frankly tiffins are quite bad for health at night as one must take more varieties during night.The Tamil tiffin addiction drives me crazy
Surprising, many of my friends eat rice or meals for dinner!

Param

I too don't like Chennai eating habits, In Trichy and Madurai Barotta is more famous at night.

I generally prefer to eat a heavy barotta meal at night with Chicken Kurma, half boil etc.

SPIEZ

Country flag
I too don't like Chennai eating habits, In Trichy and Madurai Barotta is more famous at night.

I generally prefer to eat a heavy barotta meal at night with Chicken Kurma, half boil etc.
I love barottas though they are made of Maida instead of wheat. LOL! Barottas are the standard dinner in TN and Parottas are standard breakfast in Punjab, nah ...

Iamanidiot

there is a difference between a Tamil and Telugu Thali even though both are rice focussed.
In a Telugu Thali the course will start with Podi,rokali pachhadi/Avakaya,Fry,Curry ,pulusu/Sambhar/Rasam and ends with curd

Where as a Tamil thali will start with Sambhar,Rasam and Curd all fries and curries are stuff with Sambhar

Iamanidiot

I love barottas though they are made of Maida instead of wheat. LOL! Barottas are the standard dinner in TN and Parottas are standard breakfast in Punjab, nah ...
Tamizh ladies can cook barottas in house:twitch::twitch:.This is news to me .I will ask my fiance to cook for me nxt time

Param

The best Barotta I've had was in Kerala, near kutrallam border.

Frankly in Chennai it is hard to come across good barotta . And most of it is not good, even the Kurma is tasteless.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles