What did you Eat Today?

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
in the north, seldom do you hear the word 'chapati'. people there eat fulka roti. both are different. chapati, from my understanding, is flat bread/roti thats 'chapti' (or, yeah, flat) without being put directly over flame/fire. while fulka is, roti thats put over the flame or fire finally before being served, so that it gets puffed up with hot air (fool jaati hai, aka, fulka). people sometimes use the terms chapati & fulka interchangeably, which is 'technically' not correct from my samajh.

i get my rotis from outside, and here we get only chapatis. so i yearn much for fulkas. hence, i get them at home at night & put them over the flame to make some ragtag makeshift fulkas or kadak rotis out of them to console myself.

P.S. - also, in chapatis, usually oil is put in the dough before kneading it, while that is not the case with rotis (or, some put ghee in the dough). on fulka rotis, ghee is put AFTER the roti has come out from the tempering fires of the chulha, with a swollen chest!:drool:

।।इतिश्री रोटी-चपाती कथा।।

-------------------------

@aditya10r, what is 'kucha'?

BTW, i had rotis (proper fulkas tonight, with desi ghee! :fyeah:), luchis, a paratha, some paneer dish, chhole, aaloo baingan, a couple of Bengali chhena sweets, a bit of pista faalooda mix.
Naan.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Alu-Gobi ki Sabzi,Fulkas,Buttermilk and Daal-Chaawal.

Why so serious?

Country flag
Man, I had a great lunch today. Surmai (king fish) fry, halva (kala pomfret) fry, fish curry , bhakri and rice all made by my mother. Heaven, that too after a long time ( shravan and ganpati) pure Bliss:biggrin2:

Wavve

Today I ate toast and salad. I drank two cups of coffee and some orange juice.

Neo

Daal chawal and fried pomfret with pyaz ki chaat.

Neo

Slow cooked beef stew, yummy yummy yummy.

kstriya

Country flag
Slow cooked beef stew, yummy yummy yummy.
just ate some time back Pork Chops & Pork burger while reading the LOC operations blog had fun reading few porkies being fried by IA :india:

PS: Pork to be the national meat of INDIA once we have taken over Porkistan:balleballe:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles