Neo

Home made kachoris with lamb qeema and asli ghee are the best :drool:

Neo

Go for noodles then lol.:doh:
I am a pathan with a strong stomach :daru:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Some Bhindi ki Sabji and Gujarati Fulka Rotis and Chaash (buttermilk).

After that,a cup of coffee.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
It's same,chapatis.

Fulka is just a regional name for Chapatis.
in the north, seldom do you hear the word 'chapati'. people there eat fulka roti. both are different. chapati, from my understanding, is flat bread/roti thats 'chapti' (or, yeah, flat) without being put directly over flame/fire. while fulka is, roti thats put over the flame or fire finally before being served, so that it gets puffed up with hot air (fool jaati hai, aka, fulka). people sometimes use the terms chapati & fulka interchangeably, which is 'technically' not correct from my samajh.

i get my rotis from outside, and here we get only chapatis. so i yearn much for fulkas. hence, i get them at home at night & put them over the flame to make some ragtag makeshift fulkas or kadak rotis out of them to console myself.

P.S. - also, in chapatis, usually oil is put in the dough before kneading it, while that is not the case with rotis (or, some put ghee in the dough). on fulka rotis, ghee is put AFTER the roti has come out from the tempering fires of the chulha, with a swollen chest!:drool:

।।इतिश्री रोटी-चपाती कथा।।

-------------------------

@aditya10r, what is 'kucha'?

BTW, i had rotis (proper fulkas tonight, with desi ghee! :fyeah:), luchis, a paratha, some paneer dish, chhole, aaloo baingan, a couple of Bengali chhena sweets, a bit of pista faalooda mix.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
in the north, seldom do you hear the word 'chapati'. people there eat fulka roti. both are different. chapati, from my understanding, is flat bread/roti thats 'chapti' (or, yeah, flat) without being put directly over flame/fire. while fulka is, roti thats put over the flame or fire finally before being served, so that it gets puffed up with hot air (fool jaati hai, aka, fulka). people sometimes use the terms chapati & fulka interchangeably, which is 'technically' not correct from my samajh.

i get my rotis from outside, and here we get only chapatis. so i yearn much for fulkas. hence, i get them at home at night & put them over the flame to make some ragtag makeshift fulkas or kadak rotis out of them to console myself.

P.S. - also, in chapatis, usually oil is put in the dough before kneading it, while that is not the case with rotis (or, some put ghee in the dough). on fulka rotis, ghee is put AFTER the roti has come out from the tempering fires of the chulha, with a swollen chest!:drool:

।।इतिश्री रोटी-चपाती कथा।।

-------------------------

@aditya10r, what is 'kucha'?

BTW, i had rotis (proper fulkas tonight, with desi ghee! :fyeah:), luchis, a paratha, some paneer dish, chhole, aaloo baingan, a couple of Bengali chhena sweets, a bit of pista faalooda mix.
:hail:

Pilgrim Ji,it seems you've a lot of expertise in cooking,especially roti making.

Neo

Roti = chapati by method and size. Its flat bread baked on a tawa pan.

P'hulka or Fulka is smaller than a chapatti. Once rolled out one side is baked on the tawa and the other side directly roasted on fire to allow it to rise and get filled with air.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Once rolled out one side is baked on the tawa and the other side directly roasted on fire to allow it to rise and get filled with air.

lol fuddu bawarchi, dono side roast hoti hai tawe pe bhi aur aag pe bhi

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
chicken and noodle

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles