What are the prices that stayed flat or have came down in last 10 years in India ?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
in your personal experience other than internet and mobile call prices, what other product category prices have gone down or stayed the same in last 10 years.

some i can think of.
-one other category which has probably gone down or stayed flat is airline tickets.
-airport taxi commute charges have come down due to ola/uber.

Last edited:

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Mobile phones-> much more expensive

TVs are probably cheaper. You can get 4k ones for 30k

Chips-> 20rs/packet is standard now instead of 10

In computer hardware, high end graphic cards are far more expensive now. laptops are priced in the same range

Automobiles-> Similar range?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
-cost of computers and laptops largely remain the same.
in 2022, i think we can still get a decent assembled computer in price range of 25k to 50k same as in early 2010's.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

In computer hardware, high end graphic cards are far more expensive now. laptops are priced in the same range

ten years ago my phone was blackberry, we can still get mobile phones at same price.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

narrow the criteria down to personal experience.
there will be products that we didn't personally buy, that might have increased.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I had a Galaxy S2 which was top of the range, cost me 30k. Current premium phones are 1lakh+
sure, but for this thread as mentioned in the OP, price and price range is the criteria.
a product or a product category, whether the same prices are available in 2022 as in around 2012.

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
in your personal experience other than internet and mobile call prices, what other product category prices have gone down or stayed the same in last 10 years.

some i can think of.
-one other category which has probably gone down or stayed flat is airline tickets.
I run a water treatment plant and why I am still selling 20 ltrs purified water cans only at 70₹ per can. You can include this in your list.

Kumata

Country flag

some i can think of.
Nothing have stayed flat.. Airline tkts appears same since govt put a cap on fares. It was removed a month back....

Airport commute.. Costs have increased a Lot.. Ola / Uber which used to cost me 100 now quotes at 140 Minimum....with drivers tantrums gone up by 1000 times.

Speaking from experience as i am using uber /ola for last 6-7 years & have avoided a car purchase so far... these tantrums & costs were primary reason i choose to go ahead abd book a car...I am just tired of daily "bhaiya Pls chal rahe ho"

AnantS

Country flag
Have changed actually. Ambi and alto are no longer common cars in India. Sedans and SUVs are.
Automobiles have gone up considerably. A car like SX4, Honda city would cost max 9,10 Lakhs , now the cost for same class of vehicles have gone beyond 15 Lakhs. Baleno which max top at 8, now can cost upto 11 Lakhs. I20 even more.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
-cost of computers and laptops largely remain the same.
in 2022, i think we can still get a decent assembled computer in price range of 25k to 50k same as in early 2010's.
Not the right way to look at it but yes I can see your point.
You get much more value out of 30,000 you spend on laptop vs the same price if you had spent 10 years ago.

Also take into account Inflation rate and see this one below.

1668434411282.png

Check Gradient Facist Mudi is subjecting poor souls to immoral capitalistic lifestyle by giving them greed of cheap electricity.
Fuckkk Mudi

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Not the right way to look at it but yes I can see your point.
You get much more value out of 30,000 you spend on laptop vs the same price if you had spent 10 years ago.

Also take into account Inflation rate and see this one below.

View attachment 181903

Check Gradient Facist Mudi is subjecting poor souls to immoral capitalistic lifestyle by giving them greed of cheap electricity.
Fuckkk Mudi
808201.png

Global Defence

New threads

Articles