What a difference a week makes

Sailor

A week ago the world was obsessed with two hate filled rogue states developing nuclear weapons and ICBMs.
A week later Iran with a nuclear weapon and North Korea with an ICBM seems like playtime compared with the Taliban with the keys to Pakistan's nuclear arsenal.
The United States and Israel have dithered for years over a strike to take out Iran's nuclear capability. How many times have we read it. Israel even takes delivery of the suitable F-16i aircraft in 2006 that are capable of doing it.
As I said last week, the window of opportunity was lost with the passing of President Bush. You who criticize him today have lost your only chance for decisive action. I do not believe that a lady Democrat senator from New York will do any more than posture on indefinitely.

Now, if the United States dithers like this after the Taliban has the nuclear weapons, then the end is near folks.
Watch the developments in the weeks to come.
This might be our last chance before mankind's demise.

Bought to you by Sailor.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
A week ago the world was obsessed with two hate filled rogue states developing nuclear weapons and ICBMs.
A week later Iran with a nuclear weapon and North Korea with an ICBM seems like playtime compared with the Taliban with the keys to Pakistan's nuclear arsenal.
The United States and Israel have dithered for years over a strike to take out Iran's nuclear capability. How many times have we read it. Israel even takes delivery of the suitable F-16i aircraft in 2006 that are capable of doing it.
As I said last week, the window of opportunity was lost with the passing of President Bush. You who criticize him today have lost your only chance for decisive action. I do not believe that a lady Democrat senator from New York will do any more than posture on indefinitely.

Now, if the United States dithers like this after the Taliban has the nuclear weapons, then the end is near folks.
Watch the developments in the weeks to come.
This might be our last chance before mankind's demise.

Bought to you by Sailor.
LOL u know what they can never takeover that nuclear arsenal unless Pak Army is with them, which i do not think is on their side. However, if Pak Army is on Taliban side then Taliban already got the nukes since 98 and since 11 years they have not used it :) So don't get paranoid :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The level of radicalization of the PA was probably not that bad then as it is now.

Sailor

Well the world hopes you are right Yusef, because that is what is at stake if you're not.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Mate I think you got it wrong there. I am saying that the PA is far more radicalized today than it was when Pakistan conducted the nuke tests. So yes right now it is a cause of grave concern for the world that the line between the Taliban and the PA is becoming thinner.

Flint

Hold your horses, the Taliban doesn't have nukes yet.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
The level of radicalization of the PA was probably not that bad then as it is now.
Mate I think you got it wrong there. I am saying that the PA is far more radicalized today than it was when Pakistan conducted the nuke tests. So yes right now it is a cause of grave concern for the world that the line between the Taliban and the PA is becoming thinner.
In 1998 they were openly supporting Talibans ;)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No it doesnt. We are just thinking what will happen if that comes to pass, and also the possibility of that coming.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In 1998 they were openly supporting Talibans ;)
Yes they were supporting then back then and infact they are ones who gave birth to this menace. What we are worried about right now is the fact that many of those PA have become Talibanized. To what level we dont know. If it is at a junior level, then there is no immediate threat. But if it is at the highest level, then we are in serious trouble.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Yes they were supporting then back then and infact they are ones who gave birth to this menace. What we are worried about right now is the fact that many of those PA have become Talibanized. To what level we dont know. If it is at a junior level, then there is no immediate threat. But if it is at the highest level, then we are in serious trouble.
PA talbanized them, not Pushtun Talbanized PA :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
PA/ISI created Taliban, and then some in the PA/ISI became Talibanized.

Country flag
you are aboslutely right sailor, the window of opportunity is lost Obama does not have the will or the fortitude Bush had.

Flint

Taliban are like the rakshasa "Bhasmasur", which Shivji gave the power to destroy whoever he touched on the head. The moment the rakshasa gained that power he came after Shivji to destroy him.

So how did the story end? Shiva disguised himself as a beautiful woman and started dancing, luring Bhasmasur into imitating his moves. In one of his moves, he put his own hand on his head, and the rakshasa, distracted by the beauty of the dancer, imitated it, thus destroying himself.

Moral of the story? Turn the Talibs in on themselves. If you give them a cause to rally around, they will continue to grow in popularity.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Taliban are like the rakshasa "Bhasmasur", which Shivji gave the power to destroy whoever he touched on the head. The moment the rakshasa gained that power he came after Shivji to destroy him.

So how did the story end? Shiva disguised himself as a beautiful woman and started dancing, luring Bhasmasur into imitating his moves. In one of his moves, he put his own hand on his head, and the rakshasa, distracted by the beauty of the dancer, imitated it, thus destroying himself.

Moral of the story? Turn the Talibs in on themselves. If you give them a cause to rally around, they will continue to grow in popularity.
PA Vs. Taliban? :blum3:

Flint

That could be last week Flint. Potentially big changes every week the way things are there.
Sailor, I have never taken any of those breathless reports seriously which claim that Pakistan is going to collapse in 6 months.

Unless the Taliban start to gain significant ground in Punjab and Sindh - by actually holding territory and pushing out the state machinery - Pakistan is definitely going to survive the crisis - albeit it will pass through a tough and chaotic time.

The media tends to distort the picture by always giving space to the most sensationalist news and analyses. Lets not fool ourselves only to eat our words 6 months later.

Sailor

Flint, if somehow the Taliban are defeated in Pakistan and are totally vanquished by either the PA or a wider situation including Allied help, I will go on record now as saying I will stuff the whole alphabet down my throat if that is the cost.

As I said yesterday, North Korean and Iranian nukes suddenly became back page and virtually irrelevant to the possibility of the Taliban taking control of Pakistan.

You see, in the West we are prepared to accept developments such as this in the Islamic world as the norm. In our view anything goes.

Flint

Flint, if somehow the Taliban are defeated in Pakistan and are totally vanquished by either the PA or a wider situation including Allied help, I will go on record now as saying I will stuff the whole alphabet down my throat if that is the cost.
The Taliban may never be defeated, they may even control vast swathes of Pakistani territory. Perhaps Pakistan may even lose control of Baluchistan and NWFP may declare independence, but that may not be enough to kill the Pakistani state.

Unlike the post-war Afghanistan, Pakistan still has functioning institutions like the judiciary, police, bureaucracy and most importantly the PA which is perfectly capable of defending its interests if threatened.
As long as Pakistani institutions are intact, and as long as the two core provinces of Punjab and Sindh are not controlled by Taliban, the Pakistani state is going to remain intact.

As I said yesterday, North Korean and Iranian nukes suddenly became back page and virtually irrelevant to the possibility of the Taliban taking control of Pakistan.
Well, if you make your predictions based on the latest headlines then I'd suggest a more considered approach, maybe delving into the details would help.

You see, in the West we are prepared to accept developments such as this in the Islamic world as the norm. In our view anything goes.
Your view of the "Islamic world" as a monolithic entity whose attributes are certain stereotypes which you associate with them would naturally lead you to these false conclusions. I recall in this context your earlier post regarding the supposed duty of western countries to civilize the non-christians.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles