'We will execute your daughter and there's nothing you can do'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auberon

Iranian is a nationality.

Iranic are those ethnic groups speaking Iranian languages. Eg Tajiks, Persians, Pashtuns, Balochs, Ossetians.

Persian, Azeri, Baloch, Tajik, Arabs, Turkomen, Armenian, Lurs, Kurds are the major ethnic groups in Iran.

All Persians consider themselves Aryans.
Most Azeris consider themselves Turks.
Many Kurds consider themselves Kurds.
Most Arabs consider themselves Arabs.

Iranians hate Gulf Arabs their role during Iran-Iraq war didn't help matters.
Hence it can be said that there is heterogenisation of various cultures and ethnic groups, and what the overall demographics thus formed subject also to outside influences can be termed as is not as obvious and you-either-are-or-are-not as certain people would like others to believe.

Auberon

PS: Technically as per zoroastrian as in sanskrit Aryan is used to denote noble people and not a race, the original meaning has been corrupted in iran and india.
One fine boring Wednesday in the winters perhaps we ll debate that as well ;) however a Friday morning in May is hardly a suitable time to discuss a definition on which historians right from Herodotus to Alfred Rosenberg :D have given their views.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Hence it can be said that there is heterogenisation of various cultures and ethnic groups, and what the overall demographics thus formed subject also to outside influences can be termed as is not as obvious and you-either-are-or-are-not as certain people would like others to believe.
:s :s
could you please elaborate on this !! :p

One fine boring Wednesday in the winters perhaps we ll debate that as well ;) however a Friday morning in May is hardly a suitable time to discuss a definition on which historians right from Herodotus to Alfred Rosenberg :D have given their views.
perhaps, I hope to rope in my zoroastrian acquaintance to shed some light on this subject too.

indian_blues

Country flag
Calling an Iranian as an arab is the worst offend you can make to them. Even though their history and culture are ravaged and destroyed by Alexander and Arabs still they call themselves "Proud Persians".

Arabs call Iranians Ajam ("illiterate in language"), it's a racist derogatory term, So if a arab knows that u equate them with iranians it might offend them too :p.

Ajam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dravidan is not a race it is collective term for south indian languages, genetically it is yet to be proved that south indians are different race. Indians as whole are Aryans.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^correct on the part of calling iranians -> arabs.. arab - iranian rivalry is only matched in passion by india-pakistan rivalry.

Auberon

^^correct on the part of calling iranians -> arabs.. arab - iranian rivalry is only matched by india-pakistan rivalry.
Perfectly exemplifies my point, Pakistanis claim they are a different race from Indians, they have Arab genes and are different from the sub-continental Indians, you don't however have to accept it as it is, you can believe them, you can believe believe they are the converted Indian moslems with the same racial make-up, or you can assume there has been mutual interaction between Arab and Indian people to make a race that is a mixture of indigenous Indian(Aryan, depends, whatever floats your boat) and Arab.

If you choose option 2, doesnt mean you are absurd in your conclusions just because you offend their sensibilities.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Perfectly exemplifies my point, Pakistanis claim they are a different race from Indians, they have Arab genes and are different from the sub-continental Indians, you don't however have to accept it as it is, you can believe them, you can believe believe they are the converted Indian moslems with the same racial make-up, or you can assume there has been mutual interaction between Arab and Indian people to make a race that is a mixture of indigenous Indian(Aryan, depends, whatever floats your boat) and Arab.

If you choose option 2, doesnt mean you are absurd in your conclusions just because you offend their sensibilities.
Indo-Pak rivalry is not analogous to Iranian-arab rivalry. they are completely different.
IMO Iranians are historically, ethnically, genetically, racially, linguistically, culturally, socially, physically, socially different from arabs.

Auberon

Indo-Pak rivalry is not analogous to Iranian-arab rivalry. they are completely different.
IMO Iranians are historically, ethnically, genetically, racially, linguistically, culturally, socially, physically, socially different from arabs.
Yes they are from another planet entirely as no 2 human beings can be historically, ethnically, genetically, racially, linguistically, culturally, socially, physically, socially different without any similarity at all!

Auberon

They claim to be completely different.
IMO Iranians are historically, ethnically,genetically,linguistically,culturally,socially, physically:)D seriously, physically?) very much a part of ME to varying degrees and the resultant race is more similar to Arabs' in mentality and society than anyone else.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ since you took my point literally, for eg. nigerians and finns are historically, ethnically, genetically, racially, linguistically, culturally, socially, physically, socially different.

They claim to be completely different.
IMO Iranians are historically, ethnically,genetically,linguistically,culturally,socially, physically:)D seriously, physically?) very much a part of ME to varying degrees and the resultant race is more similar to Arabs' in mentality and society than anyone else.
resultant race ?
iranians are societal and mentality wise much different from arabs.
arabs are of various types too for eg the gulf, maghrebi, etc.
gulf are darker, more rigid; maghrebi are good looking and very liberal.

Auberon

^^ since you took my point literally, for eg. nigerians and finns are historically, ethnically, genetically, racially, linguistically, culturally, socially, physically, socially different.
Yes I dont think Iranian society, genetic make-up, language, history and culture is as different from Arabs as of Nigerians from Finns.

BUT tell me, whats the difference between genetically and physically?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Yes I dont think Iranian society, genetic make-up, language, history and culture is as different from Arabs as of Nigerians from Finns.
suit yourself :) i never claimed the differences between iranians and arabs is as vast as the differences betweens finns and nigerians.

BUT tell me, whats the difference between genetically and physically?
physically --> physical appearance
genetically --> distinguishing genetic markers

Auberon

suit yourself :)

physically --> physical appearance
genetically --> distinguishing genetic markers
It has been my understanding that distinguishing genetic markers lead to physical appearance.

Auberon

resultant race ?
iranians are societal and mentality wise are much different from arabs.
arabs are of various types too for eg the gulf, maghrebi, etc.
gulf are darker, more rigid; maghrebi are good looking and very liberal.
Thats ethnic groups, much smaller than race IMO

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It has been my understanding that distinguishing genetic markers lead to physical appearance.
Sir you are absolutely right. The intended aim of my post in mentioning so many differences, was something else though.

Thats ethnic groups, much smaller than race IMO
Maghrebi arabs are more physically/genetically more different but culturally/linguistically less different from persian gulf, sudanese and somalian arabs than iranians are from persian gulf arabs.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
So the Koran is your historical source, is that correct? Not flamebaiting here, just curious.

Sure mate, you are the one who did it, not me.
Not flamebaiting heh? lol Where did I say Quran is my source? It wouldnt hurt if you read carefully, and to be frank, dont we all Use Religious Scriptures to some effect? I dont, but many do, be them among any religion. And Frankly, You might not offend me, but it might offend someone else and it might make them write off this website as Anti Muslim or Whatever.

Flint

Auberon, you're splitting hairs here. All definitions are based on certain assumptions, and once you remove the underlying assumption the definition becomes questionable.
The fact is that Iranians are NOT Arabs, and neither do they consider themselves to be Arabs, any more than all Asians are Chinese.

Auberon

Auberon, you're splitting hairs here. All definitions are based on certain assumptions, and once you remove the underlying assumption the definition becomes questionable.
The fact is that Iranians are NOT Arabs, and neither do they consider themselves to be Arabs, any more than all Asians are Chinese.
Ok Flint tell me where I said the Iranians ARE Arabs :|

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Thread closed for moderation - singh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles