Wasim Akram's wife dies in Chennai

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Wasim Akram's wife dies in Chennai

CHENNAI: Huma Akram, wife of former Pakistani cricketer Wasim Akram, died at the Apollo Hospital here Sunday morning after battling for life for the past five days.
According to hospital officials, Huma breathed her last around 9.45 a.m.

Huma was suffering from sepsis (an inflammation of several tissues, including blood leading to kidney failure) and was admitted to Apollo Hospital Tuesday after developing complications mid-air while on her way to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore from Pakistan.

She was accompanied by Wasim Akram.

At Apollo Hospital, she was in the intensive care unit (ICU) since then and died Sunday without regaining consciousness.

Arrangements are being made to take her body back to Pakistan, the sources said.

Wasim Akram's wife dies in Chennai- ET Cetera-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Pintu

Rest in Peace Mrs. Akram, My heartiest condolence to Wasim Akram , one of the greatest all rounder the world of cricket ever witnessed.

Regards

Pintu

http://www.ptinews.com/news/346860_Pak-PM--Speaker-condole-death-of-Akram-s-wife

Pak PM, Speaker condole death of Akram's wife

STAFF WRITER 15:30 HRS IST

Islamabad, Oct 25 (PTI) Pakistan Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani and National Assembly speaker Dr Fehmida Mirza today condoled the death of former cricket captain Wasim Akram's wife Huma in Chennai.

In a message to Akram's family, Prime Minister Gilani expressed his deep sorrow and grief and prayed to Almighty Allah to bless her soul and give courage to the bereaved family to bear their loss with equanimity.

National Assembly Speaker Mirza said she was shocked to hear the sad news of the passing away of Akram's wife, and prayed that the departed soul rest in eternal peace, according to an Associated Press of Pakistan report.

Huma was admitted in a hospital in Chennai while on her way to Singapore for treatment and she breathed her last this morning, due to a cardiac arrest resulted from multi-organ failure.

Pintu

AFP: Wife of Pakistan cricketer Wasim Akram buried

Wife of Pakistan cricketer Wasim Akram buried

(AFP) – 2 days ago

LAHORE — The wife of Pakistani bowling legend Wasim Akram was laid to rest in Lahore on Monday, mourned by hundreds of people after her sudden death in India from heart and kidney complications.

Huma Akram, 42, died in Chennai on Sunday and her body brought to Pakistan's eastern metropolis, where hundreds attended funeral prayers led by Wasim's former team-mate Saeed Anwar.

"Huma's loss is great and I request my fans to pray for me so that I am able to raise my kids," said Wasim, who has two sons, Akbar and Taimur.

Former team-mates Inzamam-ul-Haq, Mushtaq Ahmed, Ijaz Ahmed, Moin Khan and Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ijaz Butt were among the mourners.

Huma was admitted to hospital in Chennai last Tuesday after her condition deteriorated in an air ambulance while being flown from Lahore to Singapore for treatment.

Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani led the messages of condolence sent to Wasim.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
may god give him the strength to bare this loss

shiv

RIP Mrs.Akram,my condolonces and deepest sympathies with the family

ppgj

Indian doctors did their best: Akram

Lahore: Cricket legend Wasim Akram has said doctors in India tried their best to save the life of his wife Huma. He accused their counterparts in Pakistan of only being interested in making money, days after a Parliamentary panel directed authorities to cancel licences of 22 physicians in Lahore who treated her.

“The doctors of hospitals in Lahore took no pain for treating” Huma, who died in Chennai in October, “as they failed to diagnose her problems.” “They were more interested in making money,” Mr. Akram told PTI. “After failing to cure Huma, they asked me to pay $150,000 to arrange an air ambulance to Singapore for her treatment.”

Mr. Akram also refuted claims by doctors in Lahore that Huma’s condition had been improving before the unsuccessful move was made to shift her to Singapore.

After 42-year-old Huma’s condition worsened while she was being flown to Singapore in October, the flight was diverted to Chennai.

Huma, a psychologist, was admitted to a private hospital in Chennai, where she died after a week.

Mr. Akram said the doctors in India did their best to save his wife and Apollo Hospital in Chennai refused to charge even a penny for her treatment. — PTI

The Hindu : Front Page : Indian doctors did their best: Akram

venkat

Wonder why he didnt take his wife to London in the beginning itself, as he was familiar with London ,with lots of county cricket!!! may be too expensive!!! nice gentleman. !!!!condolensces!!!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles