Wasim Akram marries Australian girlfriend

bhramos

Country flag

Karachi: Former Pakistan paceman Wasim Akram on Wednesday announced that he had married his Australian girlfriend, Shaniera Thompson, saying he has started a new life on a happy note.
"I married Shaniera in Lahore last week in a simple ceremony and this is the start of a new life for me, my wife and for my kids," Wasim said. The 47-year-old's first wife Huma died in 2009 after multiple organ failure.
Wasim proposed to the 30-year-old former public relations consultant on bended knee last month and they married on August 12. Thompson came to Karachi earlier this month before going to Lahore to see Wasim's ailing father. There the marriage was solemnized in the presence of immediate family and a few close friends.

Wasim proposed to the 30-year-old former public relations consultant on bended knee last month and they married on August 12.
Wasim said Thompson had converted to Islam and is learning Urdu.
"She has embraced Islam and is learning our language. She has been close to my sons and they form a very good bond," said Wasim of his two sons from his first marriage. He said his new wife was eager to settle quickly in Pakistan.
"I sincerely hope the people of Pakistan and our friends and supporters across the globe will give us their blessing and support," he said.
Wasim played 104 Tests and 356 one-day internationals for Pakistan in a career lasting from 1984 to 2003. He was regarded as one of the best left-arm fast bowlers to have played the game and remains a major celebrity in Pakistan.
Wasim was player of the tournament in the country's only triumph in the World Cup, in Australia in 1992. He captained Pakistan to a runners-up finish in the 1999 World Cup in England.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
The best left arm fast bowler ever produced by pakistan. For a bowler he is a true inspiration.

As he was moving around with Sushismita sen, i thought he would marry her. Anyways all the best for your second marriage.

One question here : are women practicing different religion not allowed to marry muslim men without converting to islam?

kseeker

Retired
One question here : are women practicing different religion not allowed to marry muslim men without converting to islam?
I asked one of my Muslim friend the same question, the answer in his words " There's nothing written in Holy book about the inter religion marriage as far as I know. In India usually Muslim families do not agree on inter religion marriages but if at all its inevitable, they will make sure to convert the bride/groom to islam first before their marriage. We consider marrying a non muslim is an offense though it's no where written, hence, we insist on converting religion "

bose

Country flag
The best left arm fast bowler ever produced by pakistan. For a bowler he is a true inspiration.

As he was moving around with Sushismita sen, i thought he would marry her. Anyways all the best for your second marriage.

As far as I know Shusmita Sen is spritual person, yes they were going around for sometime but Susmita Sen is not the person ready to convert just to marry Wasim...

that poor chap has no option left...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I asked one of my Muslim friend the same question, the answer in his words " There's nothing written in Holy book about the inter religion marriage as far as I know. In India usually Muslim families do not agree on inter religion marriages but if at all its inevitable, they will make sure to convert the bride/groom to islam first before their marriage. We consider marrying a non muslim is an offense though it's no where written, hence, we insist on converting religion "
Muslims can marry christians and jews without them converting since both are people of the book and under the abraham umbrella.

bose

Country flag
One that baffles me a lot is how one is ready to leave their religion on which they are born and brought up and adopt / embrace another religion just for sake of marrying... I really do not understand it... are these people so cheap that they are ready to sell their belief??

kseeker

Retired
One that baffles me a lot is how one is ready to leave their religion on which they are born and brought up and adopt / embrace another religion just for sake of marrying... I really do not understand it... are these people so cheap that they are ready to sell their belief??
LOVE is Blind brother !

kseeker

Retired
If that is so then why do you not see the same from Muslims ??
Well frankly speaking I don't have an perfect answer. It's in their attitude, that's how it is, can't help !

If I were a Muslim, I would have answered your question ;-)

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
Well frankly speaking I don't have an perfect answer. It's in their attitude, that's how it is, can't help !

If I were a Muslim, I would have answered your question ;-)
Brother, it is the marvel of WE v/s YOU... we are the ONLY one chosen to be blessed and our GOD is the real GOD... that is what I believe"¦

Blackwater

Karachi: Former Pakistan paceman Wasim Akram on Wednesday announced that he had married his Australian girlfriend, Shaniera Thompson, saying he has started a new life on a happy note.
"I married Shaniera in Lahore last week in a simple ceremony and this is the start of a new life for me, my wife and for my kids," Wasim said. The 47-year-old's first wife Huma died in 2009 after multiple organ failure.
Wasim proposed to the 30-year-old former public relations consultant on bended knee last month and they married on August 12. Thompson came to Karachi earlier this month before going to Lahore to see Wasim's ailing father. There the marriage was solemnized in the presence of immediate family and a few close friends.

Wasim proposed to the 30-year-old former public relations consultant on bended knee last month and they married on August 12.
Wasim said Thompson had converted to Islam and is learning Urdu.
"She has embraced Islam and is learning our language. She has been close to my sons and they form a very good bond," said Wasim of his two sons from his first marriage. He said his new wife was eager to settle quickly in Pakistan.
"I sincerely hope the people of Pakistan and our friends and supporters across the globe will give us their blessing and support," he said.
Wasim played 104 Tests and 356 one-day internationals for Pakistan in a career lasting from 1984 to 2003. He was regarded as one of the best left-arm fast bowlers to have played the game and remains a major celebrity in Pakistan.
Wasim was player of the tournament in the country's only triumph in the World Cup, in Australia in 1992. He captained Pakistan to a runners-up finish in the 1999 World Cup in England.

why she has to convert in order to marry him??

i thought wasim is broad minded person but he is a paki also.

well on wasim akram= born in pakistan=roti india ki khata ha=live in australia

wat a paki

Blackwater

may be in pakis society

i know one family here ,where a sikh married a Afghani muslim girl. both are happy and both practice their religion freely

bose

Country flag
why she has to convert in order to marry him??

i thought wasim is broad minded person but he is a paki also.

well on wasim akram= born in pakistan=roti india ki khata ha=live in australia

wat a paki
He has a fake smile...

bose

Country flag
but what I fail to understand is if they consider non muslims inferior then why marry infidel women they should stick to their pious women no??
Here is the dishonesty, just by mere converting to their own be by force or through emotional blackmail are all justified even there is no change of heart"¦

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles