Warm Wishes on Gandhi Jayanti

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Pay homage to this great leader

I ask my fellow DFI members to pay homage on the birthday of the Father of the nation.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Ahimsa was his strength...Satya was his path...greatest of great souls he was and purest of those who ever stepped on earth....

God forgive us for diverting so far from the path that he shown to us...the path to peace ....and humanity.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Bapuji taught the world that a 'fight' needn't involve violence, and yet achieve its objective. Let's hope our future generations remember this, and tap the power of non-violence.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
वैष्णव जन तो तेने किहये, जे पीड परायी जाणे रे
पर दुख्खे उपकार करे तोये, मन अिभमान ना आणे रे

सकळ लोक मान सहुने वंदे, िनंदा न करे केनी रे
वाच काछ मन िनश्चळ राखे, धन धन जननी तेनी रे

Transliteration and Translation
1. vaishnav jan to tene kahiye, je peed paraaee jaNe re ...
[He is the true Vaishnava who knows and feels another's woes as his own]
par dukkhe upkar kare toye, man abhiman na aaNe re ...
[Ever ready to serve others who are unhappy, he never lets vanity get to his head]

2. sakaL lok maan sahune vande, nindaa ne kare keni re ...
[Bowing to everyone humbly and criticising none]
vaach-kaacch-man nischaL raakhe, dhan-dhan janani teni re ..
[He keeps his speech, deeds and thoughts pure; blessed is the mother who begets such a one]

3. sam-drushti ne trishNaa tyaagi, parastree jene maat re ...
[He looks upon all with an equal eye. Having rid himself of lust, he treats and reveres every woman as his mother]
jihvaa thake, asatya na bole, par-dhan nava jhaale haath re ...
[His tongue would fail him if he attempted to utter an untruth. He does not covet another's wealth]

4. moh-maayaa vyaape nahin jene, draDh vairagya jena manmaa re ...
[The bonds of earthly attachment hold him not. His mind is deeply rooted in renunciation]
raam-naam shu taaLE laagi, sakaL teerath tena tanmaa re ...
[Every moment he is intent on reciting the name of the Lord Rama. All the holy places are ever present in his body]

5. vaNa lobhi ne kapat rahit chhe, kaam krodh nivaarya re ...
[He has conquered greed, deceit, passion (lust) and anger]
bhaNe Narsaiyyon teno darshan kartaun, kuL ekoter tarya re ...
[The sight of such a Vaishnava, says Narsinh, saves a family through seventy-one generations]

YouTube - Vaishnava Janato

YouTube - Mahatma Gandhi - ONE WORLD

YouTube - Gandhi Impact Video

Pintu

In the hour of crisis, Father of nation , your immortal quotes gives us hope, shows us light in darkness.

Regards

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
''What a great Day'' two great souls were born to lead india.

Mahatama Gandhi ji
&
Lal Bhadhur Shastri ji

Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan" ("Hail the soldier, Hail the farmer")

"If one person gives up one meal in a day, some other person gets his only meal of the day", spoken during the food crisis to encourage people to evenly distribute food.

"Perhaps due to my being small in size and soft of tongue, people are apt to believe that I am not able to be very firm. Though not physically strong, I think I am internally not so weak."

ppgj

martin luther king, civil rights leader visited india in 1959.this is what he had to say-
In a radio address made during his final evening in India, King reflected, "Since being in India, I am more convinced than ever before that the method of nonviolent resistance is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for justice and human dignity. In a real sense, Mahatma Gandhi embodied in his life certain universal principles that are inherent in the moral structure of the universe, and these principles are as inescapable as the law of gravitation."
Martin Luther King, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

greetings to all on mahatma's jayanthi. may his light guide india.

S.A.T.A

“I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet. I refuse to live in other people’s houses as an interloper, a beggar or a slave.”

....Mahatma Gandhi

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
fullstory

UN releases stamp on Mahatma Gandhi

United Nations, Oct 3 (PTI) Marking the International Day of Non-Violence, the United Nations has released a stamp of Mahathma Gandhi on the occasion of his 140th birth anniversary.

United Nations Postal Administration, the world body's postal agency, released the one-dollar stamp designed by a world famous Miami-based artist Ferdie Pacheco, with the Father of the Nation in red, blue and gold. Also the envelopes marked with the stamp and the United Nations' seal were on sale.

Several UN envoys, present at a function organised by the Indian Mission to celebrate his 140the birth anniversary, reiterated the influence of Mahathma Gandhi's life.

"In many ways, Mahatma Gandhi previsioned the UN. Much of the work that we do in the area of human rights owes its genesis in the struggle against racial discrimination, which he focused on," Hardeep Singh Puri India's ambassador to the UN said.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
fullstory

Belarus capital mulling to install Gandhi's statue

Moscow, Oct 3 (PTI) The Belarus capital Minsk is mulling a monument to Mahatma Gandhi as it finds his philosophy of tolerance and non-violence "much relevant".

Addressing a function in Minsk yesterday on Gandhi's 140th birthday as International Day of Non-violence, a senior Foreign Ministry official promised all necessary help in setting a monument to Mahatma Gandhi.

"His philosophy of tolerance and non-violence was much relevant to Belarus as it had been the victim of conflicts," Vladimir Lopato-Zagorsky, Director of Asia & Africa Division of the Foreign Ministry said.

"The Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Belarus would extend all necessary help and facilitation in setting up an appropriate memorial of Mahatma Gandhi in Minsk," Lopato-Zagorsky declared paying homage to Mahatma Gandhi.

Hindustani78

Ms. Ela Gandhi, granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi, meeting the Minister of State for Culture (I/C) and Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Dr. Mahesh Sharma, in New Delhi on December 29, 2017.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles