Very Inspiring....Never Quit.... Must Read...

johnee

Never give up on yourself or others!!

One day I decided to quit...I quit my job, my relationship,my spirituality... I wanted to quit my life.

I went to the woods to have one last talk with GOD.

"GOD", I said. "Can you give me one good
reason not to quit?"
His answer surprised me... "Look around", He said.

"Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"

"Yes", I replied.

"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took

very good care of them. I gave them light.

I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth.

Its brilliant green covered the floor.

Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed.

But I did not quit on the bamboo.

In the second year the Fern grew more

vibrant and plentiful.

And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed.

But I did not quit on the bamboo."

He said. "In year three there was still nothing from

the bamboo seed. But I would not quit.

In year four, again, there was nothing from the

bamboo seed. I would not quit." He said.

"Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged

from the earth. Compared to the fern it was

seemingly small and insignificant.........

But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over

100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots.

Those roots made it strong and gave it what

it needed to survive.

I would not give any of my creations a challenge

it could not handle."

He said to me. "Did you know, my child, that all this time

you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots?"

"I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you."

"Don't compare yourself to others."

He said. "The bamboo had a different purpose

than the fern. Yet they both make the forest beautiful."

"Your time will come", GOD said to me. "You will rise high"

"How high should I rise?" I asked.

"How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.

"As high as it can?" I questioned.

"Yes." He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."

I left the forest and brought back this story.

"Intelligence alone does not make a successful person.
Success is equal parts of intellect, applied psychology, practice, discipline, commitment, quality, self-understanding and emotional control."

johnee

One paragraphy that explains Life..........

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?

To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over -- 5 crore children start playing tennis, 50 lakh learn to play tennis, 5 lakh learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?". And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?"

Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong, Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble.

johnee

This story is from Indian Mythology written in the times of yore, but it still applies to our times. This is just a sample of the immense knowledge filled in our mythologies that some ppl brush aside as timepass stories.

Tale of Three Fish

Three fish lived in a pond.

One was named Plan Ahead, another was Think Fast, and the third was named Wait and See.

One day they heard a fisherman say that he was going to cast his net in their pond the next day.

Plan Ahead said, "I'm swimming down the river tonight!

Think Fast said, "I'm sure I'll come up with a plan (at appropriate time).

Wait and See lazily said, "I just can't think about it now!"

When the fisherman cast his nets, Plan Ahead was long gone.

But Think Fast and Wait and See were caught!

Think Fast quickly rolled his belly up and pretended to be dead.

"Oh, this fish is no good!" said the fisherman, and threw him safely
back into the water. But, Wait and See ended up in the fish market.
Moral of the story: Have a foresight and work for the solution. "In times of danger, when the net is cast, plan ahead or plan to think fast!"

Applying this to our times, the most who suffered in the recent economic recession are wait and see types.........

Su-47

There were once two mice. One was a hardworker, and never gave up. the other was lazy and gave up quickly when the situation became tough.

One day, while foraging, both mice fell into a glass of milk in a sink. the lazy mouse struggled for sometime, but seeing no hope, he gave up quickly and drowned. but the hard working mouse wasn't willing to give up yet. He kept struggling and struggling, going on despite the aching of his limbs. After hours and hours of struggling, he slowly churned the milk into butter, and climbed out to safety.

The morale of the story is simple: Never give up. No matter how hard a task is, hard work and patience will pay off, and you will succeed in your goals.

johnee

For those of us in this family who feel down or bushed with our efforts to succeed, here are some quoted gems.................

Too Soon To Quit - When you've given a task all the effort you can And obstacles mount which alter your plan, Human nature advises you just to retreat, To simply give up and face your defeat. But through your despair you must never omit A belief that it's always too soon to quit. So close you came in years gone by To achieving success in the endeavors you tried. But the nearer you came to reaching the top Impatience won out and you chose to stop. Had you only continued you soon would have known The rewards of reaping what you had sown. With age comes wisdom and the vision to see That you simply must truly persist to succeed. Through faith you discover that hope is not dead, What you long for awaits you straight up ahead. And the lesson you learned was hard to admit, Forever and always it's too soon to quit.....

- Paul R. Orshoski

There is a real magic in Enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.....

- Norman Vincent Peale

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.....

- Unknown

OBSTACLES are necessary for success because in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats. Yet each struggle, each defeat, sharpens your skills and strengths, your courage and your endurance, your ability and your confidence and thus each obstacle is a comrade-in-arms forcing you to become better or quit. Each rebuff is an opportunity to move forward; turn away from them, avoid them, and you throw away your future.....

- Og Mandino

AND, the simplest but most powerful of this collection..........

The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn. .....

- Unknown

johnee

He worked by day
And toiled by night.

He gave up play
And some delight.

Dry books he read,
New things to learn.

And forged ahead,
Success to earn.

He plodded on with
Faith and pluck;
And when he won,
Men called it luck.
-- Anonymous

"One-half of life is luck; the other half is discipline - and that’s the important half, for without discipline you wouldn’t know what to do with luck."
-- Carl Zuckmeyer

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles