Vassal Obeys Master :D

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
US bans S. Korea from sending jet to Chinese airshow, sends its own plane instead

The Pentagon's decision to send a Boeing-made cargo plane to a Chinese airshow is raising questions amidst tensions between not just the United States and China, but now perhaps America and South Korea.

China's International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition, which started on Tuesday this week in Sanzao Town, Jinwan Province, is showcasing military planes from only three foreign nations: the United Arab Emirates, Russia and the US.

But with a massive Boeing C-17 Globemaster III arriving at the event on behalf of the US only days after Washington rebuked a request from Seoul to have a South Korean jet with American insides partake in the expo, the Department of Defense is being accused of hypocrisy and more as defense officials examine the decision.
Those concerns, the reporters wrote, "have been enumerable." Indeed, the US is being alleged to have acted hypocritically given the decision only days earlier to bar South Korea from bringing to the expo a T-50 training jet containing American-made technology. According to Defense One, "US security officials said demonstrating that plane would be in violation of international agreements."

"US regulations prevent allies from sharing certain 'munitions technology' or military capabilities and US officials told the Republic of Korea they could not take the jet to the same Chinese air show," Defense One reported this week. "That ruling angered Seoul earlier this month, making the US decision to send its own jet to the same air show appear that much worse to the South Koreans."
The South Korean Plane in question is T-50 made by S. Korea containing some US tech. :lol:

A project funded by the South Korean government, the supersonic fighter T-50 jet is assembled by Korea Aerospace Industries, a local military aircraft and civilian airframe parts maker. It uses wings, in addition to flight control and avionics equipment, made by Lockheed Martin Corp.

Since early this year, Beijing and Seoul have publicly acknowledged discussing the Black Eagles' participation in the biennial air show, which in recent years has featured performances from Russian and Pakistani teams.
Source: http://rt.com/usa/204883-jinwan-airshow-pentagon-korea/
Korea Won't Send Aerobatics Team to China Air Show - WSJ - WSJ

A vassal is a vassal after all. :thumb:

pmaitra

Thank you for opening this thread @Razor.

I am going to post how several vassals have gotten down on their knees to please their masters.

BTW, I was under the impression that South Korea is an independent country! Well, they have a national flag and a national anthem. That qualifies them, I suppose. And were we planning to buy ships from this country? :rotflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Ok, to be fair though, even we had to strip our Sukhoi-30s off their radars when they were sent to the US for training exercises, because, the Russians didn't want the US to get a feel of it.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Thank you for opening this thread @Razor.

I am going to post how several vassals have gotten down on their knees to please their masters.

BTW, I was under the impression that South Korea is an independent country! Well, they have a national flag and a national anthem. That qualifies them, I suppose. And were we planning to buy ships from this country? :rotflmao:
Looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Ok, to be fair though, even we had to strip our Sukhoi-30s off their radars when they were sent to the US for training exercises, because, the Russians didn't want the US to get a feel of it.
Yeah, but I reckon training exercises will be different from airshows.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles