USAF has chosen Embraer to meet LAS requirement

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
From Brazil, With Love.... | MyGovCost | Government Cost Calculator

The U.S. Air Force has apparently chosen the Embraer Super Tucano to meet the Light Air Support (LAS) requirement. Hawker Beechcraft's AT-6 was the other contender. No official announcement has yet been made, but Hawker Beechcraft said it received a letter from the USAF that excluded the AT-6 from the hotly contested competition. The company is protesting the decision to the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO).

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
WICHITA, Kan., Nov. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Following the notification last week that Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) was excluded from the Light Air Support (LAS) bidding process, the company has requested that the Government Accountability Office (GAO) review the Air Force's decision. The company issued the following statement on this action:
"Yesterday, we received notification that the United States Air Force formally denied our second request for a debriefing. As a result, we still have no information on why the Beechcraft AT-6 was excluded from the Light Air Support competition. We continue to believe that we offered the most capable, affordable and sustainable light attack aircraft as measured against the Air Force's Request for Proposal. HBC's exclusion from competing for this important contract appears at this point to have been made without basis in process or fact. We are very interested in learning more about the decision and look forward to the results of the GAO's review."
Read More:

Hawker Beechcraft Requests Review of U.S. Air Force Light Air Support Contract... -- WICHITA, Kan., Nov. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is a statement saying: "We're no longer the snub neighbor to the North..."

W.G.Ewald

Professional
This is a statement saying: "We're no longer the snub neighbor to the North..."
Obama gave $2 billion to Brazil for energy exploration at the same he stopped drilling in the Gulf of Mexico (where China and Cuba are drilling).

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Obama gave $2 billion to Brazil for energy exploration at the same he stopped drilling in the Gulf of Mexico (where China and Cuba are drilling).

As an American you don't see the startegic signficance of this action (Brazil investment)? Oh I forgot, a lot of you do not have passports... :lol:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You Americans should know that you're neighbors to the South have some of the World's most important natural resources and they even have some of the World's biggest oil reserves (just ask China). These countries do not deserve US' lack of attention.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
As an American you don't see the...

You Americans should know...

You should read this article...
You are fucking tedious, guy.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is this a political choice to strengthen the equation with Brazil?

Is it a huge buy?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Is this a political choice to strengthen the equation with Brazil?

Is it a huge buy?

Nothing to rave about actually in terms of dollars. But the buy I think is significant as a symbolic gesture. This is the most significant aquisition (or bound to be) for the US military on Brazilian weapons.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Your foul language is not called for..
Well, in future I will confine my posts to technical military topics only, to avoid entanglements with you global strategy geniuses on DFI.:rolleyes: It's like being pecked to death by ducks otherwise.:scared2:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well, in future I will confine my posts to technical military topics only, to avoid entanglements with you global strategy geniuses on DFI.:rolleyes: It's like being pecked to death by ducks otherwise.:scared2:

Well, even in purely military topics your seriously undiplomatic outburst has no place in this forum. Just point the matters that you most disagree with from other member's post, you can be forceful but not outrightly disrespectful.

p2prada

It is something like an A-10 replacement. At first the orders could have been over 100, but the Americans downgraded it to just 15. So, gotta see what happens next.

It's a pretty good aircraft, perhaps even we can go for such an aircraft for Army requirements.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Well, even in purely military topics your seriously undiplomatic outburst has no place in this forum. Just point the matters that you most disagree with from other member's post, you can be forceful but not outrightly disrespectful.
I stand by what I said to you in the exact manner I said it. Arrogant and insulting people like you do not deserve respect. You think you have the right to attack me personally because of my flag. Where did you learn your manners?

I will leave the last word to you, because the need to have the last word is characteristic of people like you who infest DFI with their tedious litany of what Americans have done and what Americans should do.

satish007

You Americans should know that you're neighbors to the South have some of the World's most important natural resources and they even have some of the World's biggest oil reserves (just ask China). These countries do not deserve US' lack of attention.
looks this account was hacked. asianobserve is fans of US.he usually suck up america

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles