USA Military interventions - from 1890 to present

trackwhack

impressive resume

china appears a few times. india not once. hmm.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The USA spends a lot of money on their armed forces.

The must get their money's worth after all! ;) :rofl:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I totally identify myself with the US ad aspire the same for India. We are too fvcking timid people. It's time to get more aggressive.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I totally identify myself with the US ad aspire the same for India. We are too fvcking timid people. It's time to get more aggressive.
It sounds like a good idea now because India is just starting to develop serious power projection capabilities and we are not yet a great power (or 'world power' if you prefer) in our own right. India today is very much like U.S. in the late 19th century (actually the similarities extend far beyond the similar state of the two militiaries, but that's a topic for another thread). But once we have a serious military-industry complex things can get out of control very fast if we are not careful. It's what brought down the U.S.S.R and it is what will bring down the U.S.; you should listen to Eisenhower's speech on the topic.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Anyway, I think that India's long-term geostrategic goal should be to adopt a limited interventionist policy within our "sphere of influence", which I consider to be essentially the entire Indian Ocean from East Africa to Indonesia. We should intervene in these places when local governments are at risk of collapsing or otherwise face danger from destabilizing forces. The over-arching objective should be to preserve a functioning Indian Ocean world-system with India as the core and the littoral countries of the Ocean as peripheries or semi-peripheries. I am certainly against intervening in some god-forsaken place on the other side of the world and becoming a global policeman in the mold of the U.S.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles