USA China Cold War

Cheran

Country flag
can we assume a large section within EU is making him say these things?
=======
Europe must resist pressure to become ‘America’s followers,’ says Macron

Possibly but what are the chances that this has US blessings as well to prevent further Ru-China consolidation?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Possibly but what are the chances that this has US blessings as well to prevent further Ru-China consolidation?
waiting for some expert opinions to come out of washington DC on this macron trip.

Physx32

Country flag
=======

Maybe, the French are still bitter over the AUKUS deal? Or could it be that the French are distancing themselves from the US over the impending Taiwan invasion.

IndianHawk

Country flag
=======

Europe ( specifically western Europe) is used to reap economic benefits from China and Russia while letting USA spend on military for security while these states spend on social security.

Russia called there bluff and invaded Ukraine forcing them to bear 🐻 ( pun intended) economic cost of sanctions and reaffirming useless of European militaries thus dependence on USA.

Now they don't want to bear much much heavier cost of economic war with China. They would be happy to let usa japan and Australia be the idiots to take all the burden of Taiwan.

We should pay attention because Europe would screw us too when it comes to china. That's why we need to bide our time before we actually take on china since Western assurance is just a bluff.

More importantly European economies have no momentum since 2008 . They are dead and being proped up only with unsustainable debt ( similar to USA with endless QE). That's why they are still buying Russian oil through india and Russian LNG directly.

They are in no position to fight with China .

Sayman Ame

Country flag

France, while doing sajda in front of its new Chinese masters, has called for a rethink on toeing Uncle Sam's line. "we must be clear where our views overlap with the U.S., but whether it's about Ukraine, relations to China or sanctions, we have a European strategy."

This is even as it's diplomats vehemently opposed India's draft during the G20 Finance Minister's meet in Bengaluru a month ago. The same Uncle Sam's line that they were toeing so hard.

(Also has pretty much granted a pass to China's invasion of Taiwan. Not looking good for India. Can't count on any of these virtue signalling fuxks when a war breaks out between us and the Chinks. All their BS about 'saving democracy' is just that, BS. )

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
interesting bit is about iran and russia potentially linking their CBDC networks.
======
Here's how China fared in the SVB collapse | Guide to the Global Economy

Hari Sud

Country flag
I pose a question to all good readers of this forum and my question is ……. How to pull US away from China’s export market? US and Europe have themselves too much dependent on Chinese supplies. With that no other country will ever succeed.

I believe that two trillion in Western FDI from 1985 till 2015 built China as we see it today. Now for the West, they are the prime suppliers of everything. Chinese import hardly anything back. That has made them belligerent.

Typically this excessive business with China has to be ended. If we do not end it today then Chinese will get more and more belligerent.

How do we end it?

My restless mind suggests that only way to pull US out is China-US is war over Taiwan.

Is that what you guys think?

AnantS

Country flag
Can't count on any of these virtue signalling fuxks when a war breaks out between us and the Chinks. All their BS about 'saving democracy' is just that, BS. )
That virtue signalling is only a tool for putting independent thinking and acting democracies down. Only Amerikans know what is true democracy after all

IndianHawk

Country flag
I pose a question to all good readers of this forum and my question is ……. How to pull US away from China’s export market? US and Europe have themselves too much dependent on Chinese supplies. With that no other country will ever succeed.

I believe that two trillion in Western FDI from 1985 till 2015 built China as we see it today. Now for the West, they are the prime suppliers of everything. Chinese import hardly anything back. That has made them belligerent.

Typically this excessive business with China has to be ended. If we do not end it today then Chinese will get more and more belligerent.

How do we end it?

My restless mind suggests that only way to pull US out is China-US is war over Taiwan.

Trade won't even end then .
Realistically it will be slow de - coupling over decades . During which other nations including India will become vital part of global supply chain such that no one nation can hold the world hostage.

Right now focus is to Remove dependence on China in strategic sectors .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

How do we end it?

to start with..

- muricans have to put climate justice and social justice genie they have unleashed on the world, back in the bottle.
- they have to tighten easy money regime. why would young adults be doing productive work, if they think making social media content is work.
- they have to start working on deregulating industries at state level, which were done to move industry to china.

shade

Country flag

How do we end it?

There is no "we", hamari aukaat nahi hai as a country to "pull" the Gora Sahibs away from their ex-Slave and current #1 customer, it is the gora sahebs own initiative to do so, after all we didn't feed China with 40 years worth of tech and monetary investments knowing exactly what would be the results but covering it up with the fig-leaf narrative of "WeLL, WiTh EcOnOmiC PrOsPeRiTy CHiNa WiLL DeMoCrAtiZe".

The way things are currently going they will keep doing Russia Russia and cede Taiwan and a nice chunk of Asia to the Chinaman's "Sphere of Influence" like they did by gifting Eastern Europe to USSR in WW2.

You have an over-inflated image of India, we are in a very bad position vis-a-vis Chinkies and not just in military or economy.

Master Chief

Country flag

How do we end it?

China is East Asian economic model on steroids.. Where factors of production like land, Electricity, labor, currency are heavily undervalued to subsidize Production, and household consumption is kept weak, to subsidize domestic production and make exports Uber competitive.. Low domestic demand is made up by "Leeching on Foreign Demand" primarily sucking on Western Demand.. After about 15 years of Chinese authorities saying that they will increase the share of household consumption relative to GDP, it is still just a puny 40 percent.. For poor India its still a decent 60 percent, and 70 percent for US.. CHINESE economy is still over reliant on investment ( primarily infrastructure and also to a certain extent real estate ) and exports..

So, you can say that China is Uber protectionist by simply the way its economy is setup to maximize production and domestic employment, accompanied by non tariff barriers.. and add to it, the clustering effects due to a huge population/ employment pool.. leading it to being a one stop for everything..

So, it will be extremely hard to decouple the US from China, and only a war over Taiwan can help speed.up the process..

Note: This is the reason why MODI government has not signed any FTA with " DEMAND LEECH PARASITE" EAST Asian economies,, and avoided RCEP like the plague.. and instead has pursued FTA with UAE, UK and EU..

Hari Sud

Country flag
Trade won't even end then .
Realistically it will be slow de - coupling over decades . During which other nations including India will become vital part of global supply chain such that no one nation can hold the world hostage.

Right now focus is to Remove dependence on China in strategic sectors .
Coupling with China took 20 years. Decoupling should not take longer. The key ingredient of coupling was $2 Trillion FDI to China. Then decoupling will take the same amount of FDI in other countries. The other ingredient of technology which has to be denied to China. I believe, a beginning has been made to deny computer chips to China.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles