Highlights of the simulation:
1) The Simulation estimates that the US would lose at least 2 aircraft carriers and 3200 troops would be killed in total three weeks of combat.
2) Taiwan will survive as an autonomous entity in most scenarios.
3) US and Japan would lose dozens of ships, hundreds of aircraft, and thousands of service members.
4) China’s navy would be left in shambles and Beijing could lose 10,000 troops, 155 jets and 138 major ships.
5) Taiwan’s military would be severely degraded and left to defend an island without electricity and basic services.
6) Japan could also lose approximately 100 aircrafts and 26 warships as US bases on its territory would come under attack from China.
The simulations were run 24 times.
- allied forces will loose 90% of aircrafts on the ground within chinese defence bubble i.e pacific rim.
things they are discussing :
- is U.S military ready? since U.S hasn't faced a near peer in a generation.
- is U.S public ready to take losses? how will they react if an aircraft carrier sinks.
- taiwan porcupine strategy
- are U.S airbases in the region ready?
- how will political leadership react under nuclear overhang? (not part of this war game)
atleast now i hope fanboys realise, when it comes to proper war near peer adversaries, all countries no matter how powerful think the same.
-climate justice activist makes an appearance, never seen this happen in U.S think tank discussion.