US says Taliban 'armed insurgency', ISIS 'terrorist' group

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
US says Taliban 'armed insurgency', ISIS 'terrorist' group

WASHINGTON: The United States has described the Afghan Taliban as "an armed insurgency", while the Islamic State as a "terrorist" group, drawing a controversial distinction between the two militant organizsations.

"The Taliban is an armed insurgency. ISIS or ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and Levant) is a terrorist group. So we don't make concessions to terrorist groups," White House deputy press secretary Eric Schultz told reporters in response to questions at the daily press briefing on Wednesday.

Asked whether the Jordanian government's decision to swap prisoner with the ISIS was similar to the US trading five Taliban members for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, he said, "As you know, this was highly discussed at the time and prisoner swaps are a traditional end-of-conflict interaction that happens."

"As the war in Afghanistan wound down, we felt like it was the appropriate thing to do. The president's bedrock commitment as commander in chief is to leave no man or woman behind. That s the principle he was operating under," he said.

When asked for a second time whether the Taliban is a terrorist group, Schultz replied, "I don't think that the Taliban, - the Taliban is an armed insurgency."

"This was the winding down of the war in Afghanistan and that's why this arrangement was dealt," he added, referring to the prisoner swap deal with Taliban brokered through Qatar.

Though the US State Department has not designated the Afghan Taliban as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation, it has designated its allies - the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan and the Haqqani Network.

The US is offering up to $10 million for information leading to the capture of Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar.

ISIS is an al-Qaida splinter group and it has seized hundreds of square miles in Iraq and Syria, declaring an Islamic Caliphate.

US says Taliban 'armed insurgency', ISIS 'terrorist' group - The Times of India

Good and bad terrorist analogy again :tsk:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
The fact is Taliban is not an organization and it is in fact a multi - tribal and regional insurgency with loyalties spread across unlike ISIS!

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Taliban Claims Killing of Three American Contractors at Kabul Airport - NBC News

KABUL, Afghanistan — The Taliban claimed responsibility on Friday for the deadly shooting of three American private contractors at an airport in the Afghan capital.

U.S. officials said Thursday that the three contractors and one Afghan national were killed by an Afghan soldier on the military side of Kabul's international airport.

A spokesman for the Taliban told NBC News that the shooting was carried out by an "infiltrator" working at the airport who had been waiting for a long time to carry out the attack.

The shooting happened at close range in an Afghan air force hanger. The assailant was immediately shot dead, according to an Afghan security official on the civilian side of the airport.

STILL JUST AN ARMED INSUREGENCY? NOT TERRORIST? Ball is in Americans' court.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
US wanna use Afgan Taliban to kill Pakis on a everlasting conflict to punish for double cross? :hmm:

60,000 Pakis killed so far since WOT.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
The fact is Taliban is not an organization and it is in fact a multi - tribal and regional insurgency with loyalties spread across unlike ISIS!
taliban are not terrorists ? :shocked:

are you having withdrawal or biased hazara (according to @Singh) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
US wanna use Afgan Taliban to kill Pakis on a everlasting conflict to punish for double cross? :hmm:

Afghan taliban are aided by pakis. Paki taliban is against paki army and isi. There is a difference.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
taliban are not terrorists ? :shocked:

are you having withdrawal or biased hazara (according to @Singh) ?
LOL True leftist putting words into others mouths.....Ok let me explain.....Talibanis are terrorists and more Tribal in nature than a well structured terror outfit.....they may swing anywhere anytime with their tribal warlords, they do not have a unified command system like beloved ISIS of Mullahs !! Hope this help remove some cobwebs on your brain! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
LOL True leftist putting words into others mouths.....Ok let me explain.....Talibanis are terrorists and more Tribal in nature than a well structured terror outfit.....they may swing anywhere anytime with their tribal warlords, they do not have a unified command system like beloved ISIS of Mullahs !! Hope this help remove some cobwebs on your brain! ;)
they have a unified command structure in the form of isi in rawalpindi or have you gone totally delusional ?

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Hahahahahhahhahhahahahahhahahaahahha ........ I am so loling at this news.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Pakistan is the spitting image of a poorly copied USA. Look at how they try to do everything the American way; classify terrorism according to their own rules, fund different groups for vested interests, nose into others' wars.

After ruining so many lives, how the fck can US say this?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

That will make their exit impossible. The 1,00,000 + US troops will get slaughtered in Afghanistan if the GHQ Pindi stepped back refusing to simply be a participant.

And now looking at their relationship with Russia, I don't think the Russia route is an option.

Who double crossed who? There was absolutely nothing Pakistan could do during WOT.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles