US looks to work with India in deep space exploration

Country flag
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ep-space-exploration/articleshow/48131695.cms

By Pallava Bagla

NEW DELHI: An Indo-US deep space exploration mission is in the offing.

The unthinkable is already happening in space, India and America are together planning to explore the last unknown frontier. Until recently India was an untouchable.

Venus, Mars, and an asteroid all could be the next big destinations that India will be exploring. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is now embarking on a new planet-hunting endeavour. Ther ..
Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Reactions: sob

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
ISRO to launch a US satellite
The article said ISRO is planning a mission to Venus. If successful, it would make India the first Asian nation to achieve the goal. Japan's Akatsuki probe was a partial faliure, though it might recover in December 2015.
With NASA help, maybe we will launch a lander as well as an orbiter to Venus.:cool3:
This cooperation should also help India with the second Mars mission that ISRO was planning with a Mars lander and another orbiter.
Do they plan to cooperate on Manned space missions as well?

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
This is not a new technology that is available with India only. You end up suing more fuel.

We had to use it because we did not have the GSLV rocket ready, otherwise we would have gone for the direct approach.

I_PLAY_BAD

The question is not about we have advanced technology or not.
It is that we were able to achieve the mission with minimal cost which USA achieved spending millions. Dot.

As far as both the agencies working together I welcome it if ISRO also benefits from it.

I_PLAY_BAD

Because your Mars mission only carried minimum capabilities.
What is the higher capability that USA achieved but India didn't ?
Please don't boast that USA used this technology that technology blah blah blah.....
What are the achievements of USA at the end of Mars mission? If it is better than India's achievements then I will agree with your previous comment.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles