US, Israeli and British warplanes in big war game over Nevada

youngindian

Country flag
20 July 2009

Southern Nevadans were warned last week that 62 warplanes would take off twice a day from Nellis Air Force Base, home of 414th Combat US Training Squadron northwest of Las Vegas in the latest 11-day Red Flag exercise. They would see (and hear) Israeli and US Air force fighter-bombers in dogfights and bombing raids.

DEBKAfile's militarys sources say the size of the Nellis air base, 111 kilometers long by 190 kilometers broad, enables large groups of aircraft to practice combat missions in wide spaces unavailable to their air crews at home.

A large number of Israeli F-16C fighter-bombers from IAF Squadron 110 are taking advantage of the opportunity for mock combat drills in large groups and bombing missions with live ordnance. They flew in directly from home base, refueling on the way.

The group is split in two - friendly "Blue Air" and enemy "Red Air" - to practice "Red Flag Measurement and Debriefing system" - RFMDS - which simulates real combat conditions.

US F-16CGs of the Ohio Air National Guard will join Israeli craft in interdict missions for intercepting and downing enemy planes. Also taking part are US E-3 spy planes and US and British 135 transports.

DEBKAfile's military sources report that the Nevada exercise, which ends July 24, is not related to any Israeli plans for striking Iran's nuclear facilities except from affording its air crews valuable experience in flight and combat over broad spaces.

US, Israeli and British warplanes in big war game over Nevada - DeepJournal

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I smell Israel planing to bomb Iran...lets see what happens....

Country flag
something is brewing we also announced stopping some trade with Iran.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
DEbka not the most reliable source. Take it with a bucket full of salt.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
I think this is just to ramp up the pressure on A-nijad. Plain pressure tactics.

Obama will not allow a military strike by Israel, why because US will eventually get involved militarily and they cannot afford another was economically at this moment.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
I think a general ex. was going on in USA

Country flag
I think this is just to ramp up the pressure on A-nijad. Plain pressure tactics.

Obama will not allow a military strike, why because US will get involved militarily and they cannot afford another was economically at this moment.
good point komm, also it would disrupt operations in Iraq and Afghanistan (both border Iran).

Global Defence

New threads

Articles