US invites Pak PM and also warns to control Terrorism from Pak soil

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
US invites Pak PM and also warns to control Terrorism from Pak soil

President Obama’s national security adviser, Susan Rice, warned Pakistani political and military leaders on Sunday that recent attacks in Afghanistan by militants based in the country threaten regional security, an official said.

Rice also delivered an invitation from Obama for Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to visit the US in October, the US National Security Council said.

The meetings came at a tense time for Pakistan’s relations with Afghanistan and arch-rival India, along with uncertainty over whether the US will release $300m in military aid to Pakistan.

Media reports have suggested the money could be held back if the US determines Pakistan is not doing enough to combat the Haqqani network, accused of some of the deadliest attacks in neighbouring Afghanistan.

A senior US official who briefed reporters in Islamabad said Rice brought up this month’s rash of attacks that killed more than 50 people in the Afghan capital as an example of how militants based in Pakistan continue to destabilise much of south Asia.

“We think a series of recent deadly attacks in Kabul were perpetrated by the Haqqani network based in Pakistan,” the official said. “This is absolutely unacceptable.” In 2011, the Haqqani network was described as a “veritable arm” of the Inter-Services Intelligence Agency – Pakistan’s powerful military spy wing – by the then chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Pakistan denies supporting the Haqqani network, an Islamist movement loosely allied with both the Afghan Taliban and al-Qaida. The latest Kabul attacks came after the revelation that Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar had been dead for two years, which derailed nascent peace talks initially hosted by Pakistan between the Taliban and the western-backed government in Kabul.

Militant attacks have “developed into a key point of regional friction. Addressing this challenge will be imperative for Pakistan’s relations with its neighbour and with Washington”, the US official said.

Rice met with powerful military chief General Raheel Sharif as well as local political activists during her two-day visit to Islamabad. She urged Pakistan to end escalating tension with India, which cancelled planned peace talks last weekend. Nine people were killed during an exchange of fire on Friday along a disputed border.

Prime Minister Sharif’s office on Sunday hailed Rice’s visit and said Rice “expressed deep appreciation” for the cooperation the allies have had in combating radical Islamist militancy.

Pakistan’s military has been waging an offensive against the Pakistani Taliban and its radical Islamist allies in North Waziristan, near the Afghan border, since last year.
========================================================================================

@Blackwater @jackprince @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Rowdy @alphacentury @sydsnyper @anupamsurey @VIP
@Razor @brational @Bangalorean @Mad Indian @cobra commando @hit&run @maomao @TrueSpirit2
@ersakthivel @OneGrimPilgrim @Vishwarupa @Srinivas_K @maomao @VIP @pmaitra @Screambowl @LETHALFORCE @DFI_COAS @bose @sorcerer @thethinker

@Neo @Raja.pakistani @Zarvan @blue marlin

blueblood

@rock127 , Weren't Pakis appealing Susan Rice to "punish" India?:pound::pound::pound:

I wonder what @Neo and his cowardly birathers have to say about that.

AUR MAT BAJA BEEN
KAANP SAPERE KAANP
TERE BACCHE DAS GAYA
TERA PALA SAANP

Despite knowing what they are I still somehow get surprised by their sheer stupidity.

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
Loud explosion heard in Karachi's Nazimabad, adjoining areas

http://www.dawn.com/news/1204252/loud-explosion-heard-in-karachis-nazimabad-adjoining-areas

KARACHI: A loud explosion was heard in various parts of Karachi Tuesday night around 10:30 pm. The explosion was so intense that a resident of North Nazimabad said the windows of his home shook.

The sound from the blast was heard in Nazimabad, North Karachi, Orangi Town, Lyari, Banaras and Manghopir's Mianwali Colony, while in some areas the air was reeking with dynamite odour, said residents.

There are also reports of shattered windows in some adjoining areas. However, so far the exact location of the incident has not been determined.

Sources say police and rescue officials are currently determining the exact site of the suspected blast.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

http://www.dawn.com/news/1204252/loud-explosion-heard-in-karachis-nazimabad-adjoining-areas

KARACHI: A loud explosion was heard in various parts of Karachi Tuesday night around 10:30 pm. The explosion was so intense that a resident of North Nazimabad said the windows of his home shook.

The sound from the blast was heard in Nazimabad, North Karachi, Orangi Town, Lyari, Banaras and Manghopir's Mianwali Colony, while in some areas the air was reeking with dynamite odour, said residents.

There are also reports of shattered windows in some adjoining areas. However, so far the exact location of the incident has not been determined.

Sources say police and rescue officials are currently determining the exact site of the suspected blast.
Pleeej post as new thread and make sure to tag Paki trolls here.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
@rock127 , Weren't Pakis appealing Susan Rice to "punish" India?:pound::pound::pound:

I wonder what @Neo and his cowardly birathers have to say about that.

AUR MAT BAJA BEEN
KAANP SAPERE KAANP
TERE BACCHE DAS GAYA
TERA PALA SAANP

Despite knowing what they are I still somehow get surprised by their sheer stupidity.
Below is what this Susan Rice has said or rather told to Pakis...

She urged Pakistan to end escalating tension with India, which cancelled planned peace talks last weekend.
Anyway US once again confirmed that Pakistan is a Terrorist State.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

RIP innocent folks.
Only if well educated Pakistani terrorist army have some brains then subcontinent would have been a different place.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
He does not invite him.. he orders him to show himself in front of the desk for a scolding that , Noora you cannot control your army :p

Country flag
This is all rhetoric . After having Pakistan as an ally in the war on terror the situation has gotten worst in Southeast Asia . Maybe this was the plan?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I try to avoid thread where USA and Pakistan are mentioned together.

Like I said before, It like like watching Indian soap opera/drama.

Indian policy makers from very early years know USA will never ditch Pakistan as they know they are easy sell offs and can do their dirty work with easy persuasion.

Where on earth you can find such a friend that allows you to use its own air bases to send drones to kill own citizens and the same friend kills their soldiers to get million in reward.

Indians should stop getting exited about wax and weaning US-Pak relationship. Like in Punjabi we say ''eh ch Kadan paun nu khuch ve nahi'' nothing to add or subtract from this equation. USA is like a violent husband who beats his wife Pakistan at night time but makes peace in the morning, and the wife obliges every time.

hit&run

Mod
This is all rhetoric . After having Pakistan as an ally in the war on terror the situation has gotten worst in Southeast Asia . Maybe this was the plan?
Pakistan is a curse to this region. The curse in it mud since the times of Alexander when he invaded these lands and King of Taxila Ambi (The guradian of western gates of India) joined hands with invader and opened the gates to the barbarians without a fight.

This is what Pakistan has been doing since its inception letting barbarians insult this holy Land of Pāṇini and Prince Lava. After USA the same curse is now subservient to new barbarian China.

History repeats for those who do not learn from it.

wickedone

No I will have to disagree with Pakistan and the US working together to directly harm India.

I am Indian living in the US. For as much research I have done in this, US had to choose Pakistan because India was aligned with Russia. Over the last 30 years, the typical American president followed through with his previous presidents viewpoints on Pakistan.

I can tell you Obama has many many Indian supporters and donors prior to becoming president. He was on Devon street in Chicago and was at India House raising money to become a senator. He also spent time at University of Chicago where India's finance minister was a teacher.

Unlike any previous president dealing with Pakistan, he knew the double dealings and thus did not inform Pakistan when they went in to get OBL. I promise he discussed this with Indians. For India, this has exposed Pakistan's lies. 9-11 in the US was our modern day Pearl Harbor. OBL is/was enemy number 1 and it will forever be known that Pakistan protected him.

There are too many reports now from US think tanks that speak of Pakistan strategy with regards to US money.
Unfortunately, US cant pull the plug on Pakistan. However, India and US have forged very strong ties of late and lets hope it builds. We both have a mutual enemy in China today.

All the best my fellow Indians. On a side note, anyone have any thoughts on starting up a data analytics company in the defense sector in India for India?

pmaitra

For as much research I have done in this, US had to choose Pakistan because India was aligned with Russia.
Quite the opposite.

• India was always neutral, and was part of Non-Aligned Movement, until the US threatened to invade in 1971.
  • Pakistan was a US ally right from 1954 when it became a member of SEATO.
  • From 1954 till 1971, India was neutral, and Pakistan was ally of the US since 1954.
This excuse that US had to choose Pakistan because India was aligned with Russia is a myth.

However, India and US have forged very strong ties of late and lets hope it builds. We both have a mutual enemy in China today.
The US will fight PRC to the last Indian. It is also against US interests to destroy PRC. They'd rather have a simmering tension between both India and PRC, than one side winning altogether over the other.

Last edited:

hit&run

Mod
The US will fight PRC to the last Indian. It is also against US interests to destroy PRC. They'd rather have a simmering tension between both India and PRC, than one side winning altogether over the other.
I will disagree with this assertion, period. Though it make a very good propaganda phrase and I am staunch believer in good propaganda. But this seems stretched a bit further as I can not see much on the ground suggestive of such level of interdependence/cooperation between India and USA vis a vis putting check on China.

May be India and USA are doing it more clever way, below the threshold of alarming anyone; which I don't mind :tongue2:.

pmaitra

I will disagree with this assertion, period. Though it make a very good propaganda phrase and I am staunch believer in good propaganda. But this seems stretched a bit further as I can not see much on the ground suggestive of such level of interdependence/cooperation between India and USA vis a vis putting check on China.

May be India and USA are doing it more clever way, below the threshold of alarming anyone; which I don't mind :tongue2:.
Not quite propaganda, if you consider how the US and Chinese economies are tied to the hips.

BTW, what are you disagreeing with? You are saying the same thing as what I implied. It is true, even I don't see much on the ground suggestive of such level of interdependence/cooperation between India and USA vis-à-vis putting check on China.

blueblood

Below is what this Susan Rice has said or rather told to Pakis...

Anyway US once again confirmed that Pakistan is a Terrorist State.
So you are telling me that Americans humiliated Pakis right to their faces for making baseless allegations against India?

Atmi quwwat ki itni beijjazti, lanat hai BC.:rofl::rofl:

Illusive

Country flag
US had to choose Pakistan because India was aligned with Russia. Over the last 30 years, the typical American president followed through with his previous presidents viewpoints on Pakistan.
Not Russia, it was Soviet Union and that was majorly because US decided to send its CBG to intervene in 71. Today our dealing with Russia has matured to defence co-development, doesn't mean we are allied to Russia.

I think the reason for not pulling the plug with pak is because, they don't want to loose them to China and the other, US see's India as a long term rival, which is why US wants this wild card against India(just in case).

On paper US India would be allies made for each other due to similar ideals, but geopolitics define relations not ideals, so its understandable. But we do have common threats, so that should align our interests for a good partnership where some sacrifices will be made.

Country flag
No I will have to disagree with Pakistan and the US working together to directly harm India.
This has been going on for the last five decades. But how does this secure USA from Pakistan based terrorism?

DingDong

Country flag
Reminds me of following phrases:

Carrot and Stick
Fishing in troubled water

US is trying to take advantage of Pakistan's misery.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles