US : Hindu temple inaugurated near Hollywood

KS

Bye bye DFI
US : Hindu temple inaugurated near Hollywood - International | hindujagruti.org

Washington (USA) : One of the biggest Hindu temples in the US, built at a whopping cost of $100 million (Rs.543-Cr) near the Hollywood city in Los Angeles has become a major draw for its grandeur and environment-friendly design, since its inauguration.

The 68th Swaminarayan temple of Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS) has been built using 35,000 pieces of meticulously hand carved Italian Carrara marble and Indian Pink Sandstone, temple officials said.

BAPS said that it is first earthquake-proof Mandir in the world and is expected to last for 1,000 years.

"The Mandir is a beautiful testament to the hard work of your congregation who has spent several years to build this place of worship," Chino Hill Mayor Peter Rogers said.

"The Mandir and Cultural Center will indeed be a place that Chino Hills can be proud of for so many, many generations," he said, at the temple's inauguration on December 23.

Using cutting edge technology to protect it from earthquakes, the temple encompasses five pinnacles, two large domes, four balconies, 122 pillars and 129 archways.

The 6,600 hand-carved motifs depict a mosaic of tales of inspiration, devotion and dedication, along with historical figures from Hinduism, temple officials said.

"Artisans created the carvings in India with great love, skill and patience before the pieces were shipped to Chino Hills," a BAPS statement said.

The Mandir is situated on a 20-acre site, complete with 91 foot lotus-shaped reflection pond, a Cultural Centre, gymnasium and classrooms.

It is designed to "calm the mind and open it," said Ronak Patel, a volunteer of the BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha.

"The upper structure of the complex is protected from earthquake damage by separating it from the base with a series of 40 base-isolator units," it said.

"The Mandir also uses a solar power system to generate electricity and reduce adverse effects on the environment. The Mandir combines the best of traditional stone art and architecture and the best of modern technology," said Divyesh Patel, a member of the BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha.
Stoooooopid Hindoos...100 mil on a temple ? :frusty:

Do they know how much difference that amount of money could have made in uplifting the plight of tribals, downtrodden in India who are the prime targets of conversion ?

bose

Country flag
^^^^ Is it the Malibau Temple near Hollywood?

JBH22

Well better they built something instead of stealing the money.

As to finance counter campaigns against missionaries trust me Hindu trust have lots of money just too bad that there is no single approach to do this.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
These people have also built a lot of hospitals,schools here in India. You people should also know that these temples in foreign helping many struggling Indians there.Gandhinagar and Delhi Akshardham temples are from BAPS,too.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Well better they built something instead of stealing the money."¨"¨As to finance counter campaigns against missionaries trust me Hindu trust have lots of money just too bad that there is no single approach to do this.
"¨"¨"©Hindus need to maintain hinduism and its values in Hindu community at the first place. FYI, these people are doing a fantastic job in that aspect. If you do that, you won't even attract to other religion and the people who're encouraging these missionaries. Modi has blessings from Pramukh Swami,just pick that hint up.

JBH22

"¨"¨"©Hindus need to maintain hinduism and its values in Hindu community at the first place. FYI, these people are doing a fantastic job in that aspect. If you do that, you won't even attract to other religion and the people who're encouraging these missionaries. Modi has blessings from Pramukh Swami,just pick that hint up.
Did I say that I was against this temple? In fact I welcome this because its better to have a beautiful temple for the devotees instead having the trustees stealing the money. Also I'm proud when we build our place of worship there is no manifestation or hate speech its welcome by all.

Reactions: VIP

Global Defence

New threads

Articles