"‹US, Canada & Ukraine vote against Russia's anti-Nazism resolution at

JBH22

UN General Assembly's Third Committee passed a Russia-proposed resolution condemning attempts to glorify Nazism ideology and denial of German Nazi war crimes. The US, Canada and Ukraine were the only countries to vote against it.

The resolution was passed on Friday by the committee, which is tasked with tackling social and humanitarian issues and human rights abuses, by 115 votes against three, with 55 nations abstaining, Tass news agency reported.

The document voiced concern over the rise of racism-driven crimes around the world and the influence that parties with extremist agendas are gaining.

It called for a universal adoption of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination. Many nations including the US, the UK, China and India, signed the convention but did not recognize a mechanism resolving individual complaints it establishes, which makes the convention unenforceable in their jurisdictions.

The convention also decries attempts to whitewash Nazi collaborators by depicting them as fighters of nationalist resistance movements and honoring them as such.

The resolution condemned any form of denial of Nazi war crimes, including the Jewish Holocaust.

Russia, which submitted the draft resolution, said it regretted that it could not be adopted anonymously.

Moscow proposes similar documents to the UN General Assembly annually, but the US and Canada have consistently voted against them. Ukraine is a new nation among the opponents, as in previous years it has abstained.

Kiev's representative at the session, Andrey Tsymbalyuk, said that while Ukraine did condemn Nazism and neo-Nazism, it could not endorse the Russian resolution, because it suffered not only from Nazism, but also from Stalinism in the past.

"As long as Stalinism and neo-Stalinism are not condemned as strongly as Nazism, neo-Nazism and other forms of hatred, Ukraine would not be able to back this document," the diplomat said.

The resolution is to be formally adopted by the UN General Assembly as a body in December.
http://rt.com/news/207899-un-anti-nazism-resolution/

So much for the free world leaders :taunt::taunt::taunt:

jouni

Re: "‹US, Canada & Ukraine vote against Russia's anti-Nazism resolution

Nationalism is ok. Racial hate and genocide is not. Truth is that Stalin killed much more Ukrainians than Hitler.

Prometheus

Nationalism is ok. Racial hate and genocide is not. Truth is that Stalin killed much more Ukrainians than Hitler.
could you please state your source on that.

jouni

could you please state your source on that.
Holodomor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to the declassified Soviet archives, during 1937 and 1938, the NKVD detained 1,548,366 persons, of whom 681,692 were shot - an average of 1,000 executions a day (in comparison, the Tsarists executed 3,932 persons for political crimes from 1825 to 1910 - an average of less than 1 execution per week).

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

Last edited:

JBH22

According to the declassified Soviet archives, during 1937 and 1938, the NKVD detained 1,548,366 persons, of whom 681,692 were shot - an average of 1,000 executions a day (in comparison, the Tsarists executed 3,932 persons for political crimes from 1825 to 1910 - an average of less than 1 execution per week).

Great Purge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bengal Famine Of 1943 - A Man-Made Holocaust

When British Prime Minister David Cameron expressed regret this week for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre of 1919 in Amritsar (in which at least 400 unarmed Indian men, women and children were massacred by British soldiers), he omitted any reference to Britain's role in a far greater tragedy of colonial India: the Bengal famine of 1943.Seventy years ago, at least 3 million people died from starvation and malnutrition during a famine in the Indian province of Bengal -- a partly man-made disaster that has been largely forgotten by the world beyond northeastern India.

This guy is a making a joke of himself what your free world pals did during the same period in India obviously its not as bad as USSR actions because we have black a$$es and our deaths is ultimately a figure.

PS: Your claim nationalism is ok is specifically what lead the Romanians, Italians, Hungarians and Germans plus all nazis sympathisers to roll with the Werhmacht into the USSR and basically got their buTT handed over.

Bengal famine of 1770
The Bengal famine of 1770 The Famine of '76) was a catastrophic famine between 1769 and 1773 (1176 to 1180 in the Bengali calendar) that affected the lower Gangetic plain of India. The famine is estimated to have caused the deaths of 10 million people, reducing the population to thirty million in Bengal, which included Bihar and parts of Odisha.
Bengal famine of 1770 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jouni

This guy is a making a joke of himself what your free world pals did during the same period in India obviously its not as bad as USSR actions because we have black a$$es and our deaths is ultimately a figure.

PS: Your claim nationalism is ok is specifically what lead the Romanians, Italians, Hungarians and Germans plus all nazis sympathisers to roll with the Werhmacht into the USSR and basically got their buTT handed over.

Bengal famine of 1770

Bengal famine of 1770 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You are a joke. Are you saying that because Brits treated you bad that it is OK to all the other dictators do the same.

JBH22

You are a joke. Are you saying that because Brits treated you bad that it is OK to all the other dictators do the same.
Using name calling is just another way of saying that you ran out of arguments.

By your logic then there is no reason to sympathise with Nazis because of soviet repression :)
K.O

jouni

Using name calling is just another way of saying that you ran out of arguments.

By your logic then there is no reason to sympathise with Nazis because of soviet repression :)
K.O
You do not even seem to know what nationalism mean, please study that, it is beneficial for you in the future.

JBH22

You do not even seem to know what nationalism mean, please study that, it is beneficial for you in the future.
I fully understand the context in which you are trying to push your agenda. I have on a number of occasions told you that this will not be fulfilled on DFI.

Russophobia is a failure here.

You are the very people who would justify the killings committed by Ukrainian nazis on jews and other slavic populations. The kind of person who will glorify Baltic volunteers in SS units during ww2. We all know and have decent understanding of the Uncle Sam wrong doings for your information we have at our doorsteps a crazy country filled with religious fanatics who have been supported and funded by Uncle Sam, Brits and other western cronies.

jouni

I fully understand the context in which you are trying to push your agenda. I have on a number of occasions told you that this will not be fulfilled on DFI.

You are the very people who would justify the killings committed by Ukrainian nazis on jews and other slavic populations. The kind of person who will glorify Baltic volunteers in SS units during ww2. We all know and have decent understanding of the Uncle Sam wrong doings for your information we have at our doorsteps a crazy country filled with religious fanatics who have been supported and funded by Uncle Sam, Brits and other western cronies.
You think I am Russo phobic? Tell me how many times have you visited Russia? I visited Russia this year already over 20 times, I have friends there, I work with Russians. Everybody who love Russia should be worried these times and not be silent. How do you think that you know things better than I who live here and whose country have hundreds of years common history with them. I think that you are very young and naive, the maturity will come with time, I hope.

JBH22

You think I am Russo phobic? Tell me how many times have you visited Russia? I visited Russia this year already over 20 times, I have friends there, I work with Russians. Everybody who love Russia should be worried these times and not be silent. How do you think that you know things better than I who live here and whose country have hundreds of years common history with them. I think that you are very young and naive, the maturity will come with time, I hope.
Nobody requested for your advice or your patronisation.

Your first post in this thread speaks volume about your maturity.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Well I am anti Russian and it has not failed me. As for your post on jews and their oppression at the hands of the Nazis, the Russians during the Tsarist regime were also not far behind the Nazis. In fact millions of jews fled Russia and came to UK,France and US during the late 20th century.

Anti-Jewish pogroms in the Russian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also all Russians were not as pure as the snow as you might think.

Catherine the Great - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A great blue diamond known as Orlov Diamond is in Russian hands. It was originally found in a south Indian mine. If Russia is so good why does it not return the diamond?

JBH22

Well I am anti Russian and it has not failed me. As for your post on jews and their oppression at the hands of the Nazis, the Russians during the Tsarist regime were also not far behind the Nazis. In fact millions of jews fled Russia and came to UK,France and US during the late 20th century.

Anti-Jewish pogroms in the Russian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also all Russians were not as pure as the snow as you might think.

Catherine the Great - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A great blue diamond known as Orlov Diamond is in Russian hands. It was originally found in a south Indian mine. If Russia is so good why does it not return the diamond?
Its certainly Russia that did not plunder India for centuries.

As regards to the above pogroms yes it did happen nobody denies it happens throughout Europe, but not at an industrial scale like the Nazis implemented (No Gas chambers).

Yes people died in Russia because of forced collectivisation and communism. I also hate the commies,but this double standard of the West that makes me cringe.

As regards to your anti-russian stance its your line of thought good for you, but by and large it does not sell well on DFI :)

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Its certainly Russia that did not plunder India for centuries.

As regards to the above pogroms yes it did happen nobody denies it happens throughout Europe, but not at an industrial scale like the Nazis implemented (No Gas chambers).

Yes people died in Russia because of forced collectivisation and communism. I also hate the commies,but this double standard of the West that makes me cringe.

As regards to your anti-russian stance its your line of thought good for you, but by and large it does not sell well on DFI :)
I agree that both US and Russia peddle propaganda. I just don`t like when people say one side is clean while other is not.

Prometheus

Great Purge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
well according to wiki the Ukraineien death toll for WW2 was 6,850,000
World War II casualties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so your statement is FALSE!

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag

Indians in general don't care about Nazis or Nazism. Hitler did not kill any Indians (except those who fought on the wrong side and were on the payroll of the "Great" Britain), the British did, Portuguese did, French did. Hitler is not a "villain" in India, Winston Churchill is. In short, We don't share your world-view.

We don't share your concerns on Russia either. We live in two different worlds, we are different people. Don't try to impose your POV on us. Your propaganda won't work here.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I am afraid those with brain freeze can hardly hector about Nationalism.

India is an example of nationalism.

India has and had many problems; most of it stemming from a lack of finances.

If India aligned with the US as was desired by the then Secretary of State, John Foster Dulles, then money would flow in and India would have prospered immensely.

The only problem was that Nationalism prevented India from selling itself since money would not have come without aligning itself with the US. In short, India selling itself to the US.

We slogged it out thereafter and took baby steps to rid us of our problems within our meagre resources so that we did not have to accept any compromise to our nationalism.

That apart out very Freedom Struggle through Non Violence is a world pace setter for an example of nationalism. While every other nation has had to take arms to project its nationalism to win freedom or prevent subjugation by others, India stood apart and proud that it can through moral pressure and not arms, win its Freedom. Now, that is real Powerful Nationalism.

Check Finland's history and even of the recent times, see how your nationalism is propped up with compromises to your independence for decision making beyond influence.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

What other dictator?

You mean this chap?

jouni

I am afraid those with brain freeze can hardly hector about Nationalism.

India is an example of nationalism.

India has and had many problems; most of it stemming from a lack of finances.

If India aligned with the US as was desired by the then Secretary of State, John Foster Dulles, then money would flow in and India would have prospered immensely.

The only problem was that Nationalism prevented India from selling itself since money would not have come without aligning itself with the US. In short, India selling itself to the US.

We slogged it out thereafter and took baby steps to rid us of our problems within our meagre resources so that we did not have to accept any compromise to our nationalism.

That apart out very Freedom Struggle through Non Violence is a world pace setter for an example of nationalism. While every other nation has had to take arms to project its nationalism to win freedom or prevent subjugation by others, India stood apart and proud that it can through moral pressure and not arms, win its Freedom. Now, that is real Powerful Nationalism.

Check Finland's history and even of the recent times, see how your nationalism is propped up with compromises to your independence for decision making beyond influence.
Thanks, now I understand your country and your people better, good luck to the path you have chosen.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Thanks, now I understand your country and your people better, good luck to the path you have chosen.
We are nationalistic but we do not wear it on our sleeves as a badge to flaunt around.

Quiet nationalism and yet pragmatic to know our weaknesses and faults.

We are evolving and we have no penchant to learn from only the big powers that be.

That is why even a small country that is on the periphery of world politics such as Finland is deeply cherished. The first of it was in the AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF FINLAND AND THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA ON TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO INDIA on 14 June 1957.

The President recently visited countries of the Arctic Circle and India concluded four governmental agreements in the fields of collaboration and research in renewable energy, bio-technology, civil nuclear research and meteorological issues. The academic delegation accompanying me also established institutional tie-ups with Norwegian and Finnish universities.

We have no hang ups and we are grateful to all, small and big countries, who can help India to be a better place.

Added later

Let me help you to understand India and Indian attitude to international problems a little better.

Like the West did not care what was happening in Asia until it affected them i.e. Islamic terrorists hitting them where it hurts or China growing exponentially to threaten the Western hegemony, India too is cool to what is happening in Europe and elsewhere since it has not directly affected India.

You may wonder why some are still soft towards Russia, when India is getting close to the West. It is because in the olden days, when the West was anti India and pro Pakistan, it was Russia which stood by India, including supplying arms and equipment during the wars. Russia also played a very sterling role in India's industrialisation at very low rates compared to the rate demanded by the West. In fact, India paid with bananas and tea instead of hard currency in some cases!

While the Western people only identified with the elite with their cocktail parties, the Russians were down to earth and mingled with the hoi polloi and they did not dress in fancy clothes and were as drab and down to earth as the Indian peasants.

Therefore, who would you prefer? The fancy cocktail circuit only hobnobbing with the elite and wanting to interact to build India at exorbitant rates to 'build India' or simple, drab chaps who identify with the hoi polloi and are ready to assist you with your industrialisation with sometimes in the the form of barter trade and with arms and ammunitions during wars where the adversary is supported by the might of the West?

True that the ties with Russia is not strong these days and instead is getting stronger with the West, but Indians are not a disgraceful race that forget those who helped them in the hard times.

And we like to balance issues on facts and not emotions or blind following.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles