US building education system to compete with India, China: Obama

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
US building education system to compete with India, China: Obama

WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama has said he is laying the foundation of an education system which would help America compete with China and India in the 21st century.

"We have already taken some steps that are building the foundation for a 21st century education system here in America, one that will allow us to compete with China and India and everybody else all around the world," Obama told a cheering crowd in Warren Michigan where he announced the American Graduation Initiative.

After entering the White House and even during his election campaign last year, Obama has been urging American parents to gear up and focus on studies of their kids as students from countries like China and India are marching ahead.

"At the start of my administration I set a goal for America: By 2020, this nation will once again have the highest proportion of college graduates in the world. We used to have that. We're going to have it again," Obama said amidst applause from the audience.

US building education system to compete with India, China: Obama - US - World - NEWS - The Times of India

Antimony

Which Indian education system is he talking about? The few good things about the Indian system is probably the Central boards (CBSE, ICSE), the KV school system and some of the state boards. The rest is built on the back of private or missionary school networks whcih cater to a very small percentage.

And as we all know, Obama (and Democrats) has not given a lot of support to the private schooling system; he has praised the charter schooling systems, but has not ginjected a lot of funds to promote it.

Anyway, I fail to see how an educations system that still leaves around 40% of the populace illiterate

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
Education in India is provided by the public sector as well as the private sector, with control and funding coming from three levels: federal, state, and local. Child education is compulsory. The Nalanda University was the oldest university-system of education in the world. Western education became ingrained into Indian society with the establishment of the British Raj.
Education in India falls under the control of both the Union Government and the states, with some responsibilities lying with the Union and the states having autonomy for others. The various articles of the Indian Constitution provide for education as a fundamental right. Most universities in India are controlled by the Union or the State Government.icse previous years question papers

Adux

Country flag
What was the point of bumping up this thread. Obama need not worry, indian government is very serious about destroying indian education system

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles