Urban Planning in India.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Green area should invariably be Incorporated into the urban planning. The other thing is that its history should be preserved and planning should be done in such a way that its traditional value finds manifestation in the planning and designing.
I was in Baroda. The name of Baroda was originally Vadodara means a place where there are lots of banyan trees. Vadodara municipal corporation planted lots of Banyan trees to justify its name.
I remember one story of some British engineer who had planned Delhi. It is said that he knew that this city will expand phenomenally. Accordingly, he planted lots of Jamun trees which even today gives the the employment to many people who pick up the jambus and sell it on the footpath. This sort of foresightedness should be incorporated into the planning.

The other thing is that it should have a robust waste management system where the Savage wastage can be used as fertilizer and sewage water can be used for industrial purpose. High density forest such as miyawaki plantation should be done in many places in the City to contain carbon foot print. The organic waste can be used as a fertilizer and mulching.
Some places should be kept reserved for small traders such as vegetable vendors, street food vendors etc. so that they may not have to stand on the road. Actually, this sector provides a lots of employment but it is neglected most of the time. When they stand on the roads for the selling, they are seen with as nuisance or some people who are creating traffic problems etc. We should be incorporate in design stage while planning the modern city.

Of course there are many other aspects such as connectivity, transportation, Wi-Fi etc. However, most of the members will discuss that only and that's why I leave it for them to discuss and put forward their view points.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I'll site my own States example.

Patna is the capital people from all over Bihar want to move to Patna because that is the only city with any economic scope.

Now this is my District Gaya.

This District has several blocks.

As for infra it has NH 2 passing throught it.
It has an international airport and a second Landing strip is being constructed.

It has a railway stations that connects Delhi to Kolkata.

For tourist destination it has Bodh Gaya no need to explain it's significance. It has Vishnu path where people come to pray for their ancestors.

On southern regions there are hill station.

The District's population is 4.5 million.

The biggest city is Gaya city which has population of 0.4 millions.

Now here's my thought why can't Gaya city be developed as a local economic hotspot?

People from adjacent blocks can roll into Gaya city on daily basis from their houses in village.

Replicate the same in all 43 district of Bihar.

Not all will be successful but at the least net migration to Patna will be reduced.

Replicate the same all over the country.

My aim is to reduce net migration to Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Cheenai etc.

Decentralisation in short.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Benefits of Evenly Distributed Urbanization

1)Lower Food Prices as the Food is Sourced from within the District or From neighboring Districts. Transportation charge of delivering from farmland to city is lowered and people get access to fresh food as well.
2)Development of villages around the Districts. To meet the food demand of a city food industry will develop in the district i.e., Dairies, Vegetable farms, Fruit Orchards, Fisheries, Plantation etc.
3)Lowering of land prices in all cities across the country, when u have less demand concentrated at a point it also pulls down the land prices.
4)Bigger Housing spaces for the people. The average sq feet of the houses will also increase and hence people will be able to live in a more spacious environment.
5)Preservation of Villages culture due to lesser migration or localized migration.
6)Preservation of Water table due to more distributed population.
7)More leisure space in cities as well as travel destination as Nature is preserved.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars the lies spread about the Central Vista hardly any greenery is reduced.

images - 2021-07-01T160410.490.jpeg

images - 2021-07-01T160415.764.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Benefits of Evenly Distributed Urbanization

1)Lower Food Prices as the Food is Sourced from within the District or From neighboring Districts. Transportation charge of delivering from farmland to city is lowered and people get access to fresh food as well.
2)Development of villages around the Districts. To meet the food demand of a city food industry will develop in the district i.e., Dairies, Vegetable farms, Fruit Orchards, Fisheries, Plantation etc.
3)Lowering of land prices in all cities across the country, when u have less demand concentrated at a point it also pulls down the land prices.
4)Bigger Housing spaces for the people. The average sq feet of the houses will also increase and hence people will be able to live in a more spacious environment.
5)Preservation of Villages culture due to lesser migration or localized migration.
6)Preservation of Water table due to more distributed population.
7)More leisure space in cities as well as travel destination as Nature is preserved.
Ya'll Nibbiars not possible in the real situation.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars but I don't like the secretiet building looks like a Soviet style similar building's.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ya'll Nibbiars not possible in the real situation.
Its a best case scenario it would have been possible if we had the right administration.
I will highlight the challenges of this in the next post.

Haldilal

Country flag
Its a best case scenario it would have been possible if we had the right administration.
I will highlight the challenges of this in the next post.
Ya'll Nibbiars thats why not possible in the real.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

images - 2021-07-01T162404.203.jpeg

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
urban (2).png

yall nibbiars i know the pic is made in paint and looks silly but please bear with me I work with what I have.

The entire Picture and its various elements represent the area approximately.

Lets say the population of the District is 4 million.

The Red Part is core of the city i.e., High income jobs, gov building, service sector, IT park, Malls, conventions, High income living quarters, theatres are all located here.
The Orange part is Where the city expands to but is less sparsely populated and low income industries and people of LIG and LMIG can live here comfortably.
Approx. 35% to 45% of the population will be concentrated here that is 1.4 mil to 2 mil

The Blue dots are secondary towns i.e., nodal markets where people from Rural area can sweep into for buying goods this will have population from anywhere 1 lakhs to 2 lakhs each. These town will have low skilled jobs like carpentry, food processing, small factories and labor intensive market.
10% to 20% of the district population will stay in these blue region that is 0.4 mil to 1 mil

Rest 45% to 25% will live in the green region or Rural region.
This region will have plantation, forests, dairy farm, fisheries, orchards etc.

My Goal is to reduce the urban hell and reduce migration as much as possible while keeping the root of India that is its Villages alive.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The original Imperial Plan's.

image018.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars my only problem with the Current Central vista plan is the lack of the Cultural space's. The INI design addressed this but was a runner up's. But I don't liked their plan to place the Parliament in the Central's.

Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The project regrettably pursues a design where cultural institutions and a give way to the Soviet styles office block's of government. HCP has argued an intent to increase public space through some claims that have not been substantiated by subsequent governmental action. In an interview early into the project, HCP suggested that Parliament will move into a new building and Sansad Bhavan will be converted into a Museum of Democracy. In the MASA presentation, HCP made the following assertions on cultural space in Central Vista. The National Archives Building will be preserved in its current use. North and South Blocks will be converted into the new National Museum. About 50 acres of land will be carved out from the President’s Estate to make a new public arboretum; and the original plan to extend the vista till the Yamuna River will be executed, encircling around the Dhyan Chand Stadium to reach a new public garden created on the river bank. In an online interview on 27 June 2020, HCP was asked whether the government has formally ratified these proposals, and an ambiguous response was offered that these proposals form an integral part of several presentations to government and nobody has contradicted them as yet.

HCP is no longer talking about the Museum of Democracy. In a legal submission made in February 2020 seeking environmental approval to build the new parliament building, the government asserted that the new building is an extension of the old one, and several parliamentary functions will remain within the existing Sansad Bhavan so that the two buildings function as a single complex. The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has issued legal notifications on the change of land use zoning needed to execute the project. In these notifications, the usage of the site on which National Archives sits has been changed from ‘Public/Semi-Public’ to ‘Government Office’, the usage of the sites on which North and South Blocks sit has been preserved as ‘Government Office’, and the notification does not contain any proposal to carve out public land from the President’s Estate. When contradictory statements are made, official legal pronouncements by governmental bodies have to hold sway over informal remarks by private individuals, and therefore the analysis here relies on HCP’s drawing modified to reflect the change of land-use notification of the DDA.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibniars many of the HCP Cultural sites idea are dropped.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

The Boulevard of Splendours, Berlin.

Hitler sought to remake Berlin as a grand capital called Germania, a city whose grandeur would be impressive enough to rank the Nazi Empire as one of the great civilisations of history, comparable only to Ancient Egypt, Babylon and Rome. His favourite architect, Albert Speer, began work on the design in the 1930s. The project envisaged new railways and ring roads, and the centre of the city was to be a new North-South axis over seven kilometres in length. While this axis connected two new train stations at either end, its heart was to be a 4-kilometre long Boulevard of Splendours that linked the seat of government to the north with a grand arch to the south.

image009.png

Focal Elements of the Boulevard of Splendours.

At the northern end, the boulevard focused on the Volkshalle (The People’s Hall), a gigantic domed structure, 16 times larger than St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City, able to house an audience of 180,000 persons. If it had been constructed, it would have still been the largest building in existence. The foreground of the Volkshalle was the Große Platz (Great Plaza), 350,000 square metres in area, bridging over the Spree River. The ring of grand buildings that joined the Volkshalle in encircling this plaza included The Fuhrer’s Chancellery, The Wehrmacht (Unified Armed Forces) Headquarters, and the existent Reichstag (Parliament) Building of 1894.

At the southern end, the boulevard focused on a large triumphal arch, a military memorial to German armed forces. Modelled on the Arc de Triomphe of Paris, it would have dwarfed its precedent, designed to be 100 metres in height. Both the Triumphal Arch and the Volkshalle would tower over all surrounding buildings.

The axis would have extended beyond these focal elements. The space between South Station and the triumphal arch contained a Plaza of War Victories, designed to display large armaments captured from war enemies. The space between the Volkshalle and North Station shifted the angle of the axis and is and contained a massive reflecting pool flanked by the city hall to one side.

image010.jpg

Flanking Edges and the Centre of the Boulevard of Splendours.

The core of the Boulevard of Splendours was to be flanked by ministerial offices on either side. The entire length of the axis was designed to project the presence of government, and all other buildings along its length are military or governmental offices of some kind. The only public facility was the Tourism Centre, whose placement in front of the Soldiers’ Memorial is significant.

The Boulevard’s centre was a broad tree-lined avenue kept free of traffic, with all vehicles being diverted into an underground tunnel, constructing a pedestrian promenade whose vantage was well positioned to inspire awe of the edifices of power at either end and along both sides. Military parades were a key feature of the public spectacle of Nazi power and a core function of the Boulevard was to act as a staging ground for such parades. The only part of Germania that was constructed was an east-west boulevard to complement the Boulevard of Splendours. Construction of all other elements had to be shelved with the onset of war, and Germany’s defeat ensured the project never saw the light of day.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars why I am angry with with the curent Central Vista projec?.

Because it's the tone down version of the original HCP plan and has cultural sites being reduced, the individual of the each secretrait building has been lost and become the Soviet office block's. And that's all be done to save the cost. From 20,000 crorea to around 13,000 crores. And even the parliament building cost will be reduced from the initial estimate from around 950 crores to the 800 crores. But in this all the grandeur and Majestic of the projects is lost.

Bring back the original HCP Plan's not those toned down Soviet communist style current form's.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars again white washing in this video @Marliii.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles