Urban Planning in India.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ya'll Nibbiars let's keep it's India or else lock this thread @ezsasa Nibba @Indx TechStyle Nibba.
I didn't mean to derail this thread nibba but siteing reference is important.
Anyways I want this thread to be about urbanisation, city planning and it's impact on culture and Economy.
Economy and we'll being are two different things

This thread will take off soon

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Let me guess !

(1) Overpopulation
(2) Insufficient water
(3) Most areas are too close to ocean so chance of flooding
(4) Earthquakes, too common in JPN.

I don't see a harm even in a 100 million people city.
Science and tech can manage it well, if properly planned.
Still Tokyo ranks very highly in livability index

Its all about planning even China is building these megacities or atleast connecting two cities to make it into a megacity for higher productivity

Bros how should I explain this too you.
I sometimes feel like I have become old and I am not able to accept new things.

It's not the the size alone or livability or the money or the high Literacy or the girls with accent or the marble flooring or the supercars.

These cities lack soul/atma/spirit/vigor.

Each city has it's own unique identity, culture, spirit, struggles.

Mumbai wouldn't be Mumbai without the Marathi, Ganesh Puja, Bada Paw, Mumba devi mandir, Sanjay Gandhi Zoological park, unique infra, Mumbai local, language, customs.
Without these things Mumbai will be just like other modem glass building cities. The new world order in a nutshell.

And it's not just Mumbai but whole Maharastra it's dialect, it's food, it's culture, it's struggle all are being abandoned.
One of the many reason for this is Urbanisation and this isn't associated with Westernization but Globalism.

People are leaving their district and moving to Mumbai ditching most of their identity behind.

It's not just the money at the end of the day but something more.

I am not able to put this out into words.

SKC

Country flag

this is too old, as of now many things have been changed.
Navi Mumbai was said to be the best of the all Planned cities in India since independence and until 1 decade back people used to confirm that it is actually really well planned.
But now no new news comes from Navi Mumbai!
How did it turned out to be in actual? Is it still well planned?

Haldilal

Country flag
Navi Mumbai was said to be the best of the all Planned cities in India since independence and until 1 decade back people used to confirm that it is actually really well planned.
Ya'll Nibbiars Yeah. And there are no traffic jam's.

SKC

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars the Lavasa is a mess because there is no air it's heated and only during the Monsoon it's good. And the location is a mess with no dense forest cover nearby and even the access road from pune to the lavasa is a mess.

download (71).jpeg
download (72).jpeg
download (73).jpeg
images - 2021-06-09T183302.807.jpeg

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Amazing. I actually like the grid based city planning as done in Europe. Always wondered why no Indian city follows grid based architecture.
US follows more of Cul-De-Sacs city planning:
in WW2 when germans & brits razed many european cities, they got the opportunity to redesign entire cities afresh. grid architecture was already present pre ww in spain i think.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars the Original HOK master Plan was to place the Town on the mountains above the water level with mostly 2 to the 3 storey structure's and with the Hill stations architures but the HCC lead Lavasa corporations ruined that with placing the town near the water level and thus reducing the wind flow and not planting enough trees. And Increaisng the floors to 7 and increasing the numbers of building in the dense.

images - 2021-06-09T182848.226.jpeg
images - 2021-06-09T182902.308.jpeg

And with only the Center town at the Water level. And but the firm ruined it's.

download (70).jpeg
images - 2021-06-09T182859.130.jpeg

Last edited:

warriorextreme

Country flag
It indeed is a well planned city with it's big roads, pedestrian infra, huge and well designed stations etc. But it has not reached it's potential in terms of its proximity to Mumbai.

Vashi and Belapur which were supposed to be alternate business districts never really took off and have small companies. The majority of actual business activity takes place in Airoli-Ghansoli-Mahape belt and far flung Taloja MIDC (which is not part original Navi Mumbai plan and currently it is part of Panvel Municipal Corporation).

I hope Navi Mumbai lives up to it's potential and the vision with which it was created and not just another pricy satellite town of Mumbai for people to commute to Mumbai form.

Haldilal

Country flag
It indeed is a well planned city with it's big roads, pedestrian infra, huge and well designed stations etc. But it has not reached it's potential in terms of its proximity to Mumbai.

Vashi and Belapur which were supposed to be alternate business districts never really took off and have small companies. The majority of actual business activity takes place in Airoli-Ghansoli-Mahape belt and far flung Taloja MIDC (which is not part original Navi Mumbai plan and currently it is part of Panvel Municipal Corporation).

I hope Navi Mumbai lives up to it's potential and the vision with which it was created and not just another pricy satellite town of Mumbai for people to commute to Mumbai form.
Ya'll the business ever shifted due to it's the Scale down version of the Charles Correra the original was in the much larger scale's.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles