Civil aerospace industry in India

Sam Fisher

Perhaps this is the best time for Aerospace Industry in India. Why ? US is going to have reforms in its Export Control.This will ease the work export to India.
This allows greater work flow from US to Indian companies and Indian subsidiaries of US companies.
Boeing and other companies will look forward to this reform.There is a reason though.The Profit margins in Aerospace Industry is really bad unlike Automobiles or electronics which have huge margins.
This is where India can play a role with its large talent pool.Aerospace Companies are looking to optimize their product life cycle and manufacturing process to increase the profit margin.
For now Manufacturing is a distant dream due to factors like Raw materials and their shipping.But we have huge potential for assembly line and we already have some companies in bangalore that does little but crucial assembly work for aerospace companies.
All this aside Jobs in Aerospace Sector are predicted to increase by four fold in India.This is good for the economy and will be in line with Make in India Policy. :thumb:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
India is going to be a giant in Aero space industry.

In my state Govt. is building three international airports and an airport in every district.

Once the Rafale deal is signed then India will get TOT that can be used in defense.

There are Aero space giants who are willing to set up manufacturing in India.

We should grasp the technology and make our own brands rather than allowing the foreign powers to use our market.

Perhaps this is the best time for Aerospace Industry in India. Why ? US is going to have reforms in its Export Control.This will ease the work export to India.
This allows greater work flow from US to Indian companies and Indian subsidiaries of US companies.
Boeing and other companies will look forward to this reform.There is a reason though.The Profit margins in Aerospace Industry is really bad unlike Automobiles or electronics which have huge margins.
This is where India can play a role with its large talent pool.Aerospace Companies are looking to optimize their product life cycle and manufacturing process to increase the profit margin.
For now Manufacturing is a distant dream due to factors like Raw materials and their shipping.But we have huge potential for assembly line and we already have some companies in bangalore that does little but crucial assembly work for aerospace companies.
All this aside Jobs in Aerospace Sector are predicted to increase by four fold in India.This is good for the economy and will be in line with Make in India Policy. :thumb:

Sam Fisher

India is going to be a giant in Aero space industry.

In my state Govt. is building three international airports and an airport in every district.

Once the Rafale deal is signed then India will get TOT that can be used in defense.

There are Aero space giants who are willing to set up manufacturing in India.

We should grasp the technology and make our own brands rather than allowing the foreign powers to use our market.
I agree...The future is really bright...And added to that Job security in Aerospace sector is high until unless companies go bankrupt like Hawker beechcraft.
Is that state by any chance Andhra ? Just curious.I am from Vizag.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I agree...The future is really bright...And added to that Job security in Aerospace sector is high until unless companies go bankrupt like Hawker beechcraft.
Is that state by any chance Andhra ? Just curious.I am from Vizag.
Yes :thumb:

I am from vzm :)

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Bell 407 Lower Fuselage for Bell Helicopter by Dynamatic Technologies Limited

Dynamatic Technologies Limited producing Chinook Modules for Boeing

Dynamatic has been chosen as the supplier for Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) TEJAS Main Fuselage Assembly from HAL - LCA Division

These are for indian army na?
I am not sure about the current batch, but future produce will be for Indian users if they extend order, It's the soul facility producing Apache fuselage.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
We need a very vibrant aerospace industry on urgent basis. India's air traffic is increases very rapidly and lots of planes are on order. If we are able to produce them in Infia then it will be a win win situation. If we fail to capture majority of Indian market thsn we shall end up losing multibillion share of the market.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
HAL ties up with Israeli firm & Dynamatic Technologies to manufacture drones

Lucknow: State-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Wednesday signed a strategic partnership agreement at the DefExpo 2020 with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) and Dynamatic Technologies Limited (DTL) to jointly manufacture drones.

Defence sources told ThePrint that while the MoU is for the manufacturing of the UAV named Heron Mark II, which is not armed, it could be converted into an armed UAV if the armed forces so desire.

The MoU calls for marketing, manufacturing and selling of IAI’s Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to potential Indian customers such as defence forces, paramilitary forces and central armed police forces.

Sources said the MoU could also explore the potential of manufacturing drones in India and exporting the same to a third company in the future.

“The collaboration will provide excellent opportunity to HAL to expand its product offerings to defence customers, absorb critical technologies and strengthen the aerospace ecosystem in the country, especially for UAVs,” HAL chairman and managing director R. Madhavan told reporters in Lucknow where the expo is being held.

The MoU, as and when it fructifies into actual contract, would lead to the manufacturing of the second range of Israeli UAVs in India, besides the joint venture between Adani and Elbit to make the unarmed Hermes 900 class of drones for export.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles