Unseen Tourist spots in India: Kharakoram to Kanyakumari

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
@FalconSlayers @FalconZero @HariPrasad-1
@Maharaj skandgupta @Haldilal @Lonewolf @Marliii @gslv markIII @shade @Optimistic Nihilist @Blue Water Navy @Bhumihar @indus @Mikesingh @Knowitall @Kumata @Cheran @not so dravidian @tomthounaojam @Chandragupt Maurya @ezsasa @hit&run and all others who are interested in this topic
Hello everyone
From Kharakoram to Kanyakumari, India is the most Diverse country in the planet hands down, we are blessed to have the biodiversity and geographical diversity that we enjoy, God meant for humans to enjoy these beauties instead of sitting in isolation
DFI had members from diverse backgrounds from various states in India
I thought it'd be cool to document the cultural/visual/recreational hotspots in various parts of the country which may or may not be in the tourism catalogs of the particular state in one thread
Post pictures of the places, trip recommendations, cost analysis, anything and everything is welcome, would be better if you post pictures you took yourself

Last edited:

tomthounaojam

Country flag

Since most members are military fans, let me share a picture of Mig-27 kept in Shillong near EAC, this is a public place but I have to say it is one of the best kept Mig-27 I have seen, see the sensors on the missile look like it still work. Kindly ignore the bald and bankrupt person in the picture which happened to me.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
So in Central Kerala we have an Annual festival called Kalpathy Rathothsavam (Kalpathy Chariot Festival)
Happens on the Riverbank village of Kalpathy, mostly Inhabited by Brahmins who have been living there since time immemorial
This is what it'd look like in a normal day
Kalpathy Heritage Village 011.jpg
Kalpathy Heritage Village 012.jpg

Kalpathy Heritage Village 012.jpg

Calm and clean streets, no hustle bustle of any kind
But this time of the year, starting from November first or second week, the festivities will begin and the streets are filled with various shops, sweetmeat stalls, anything and everything,
I have even seen Chinese people coming here, but most Indians outside the state maybe unaware, in Kerala, everybody of all communities attend the festivities, all race creed and religion
IMG_20191116_172421~2.jpg

This is what the Chariot looks like when it is taken out and pulled by the bystanders, it is very crowded, you'll be lucky to get a chance to pull that thing ( I have, many times)
IMG_20191116_175414~2.jpg

IMG_20191116_175425~2.jpg

The centre one is for lord shiva, the other two are his sons lord Murugan and Lord Ganesha
The entire town blows up with activity this time of the year

Also an interesting thing is the Kundanbalam, (a temple itself and some area surround it is just few metres below the ground level)
IMG_20191116_175909~2.jpg

^^^ this is it, very similar to the Grand Bazaar from the Assassin's creed games, If you know what I'm talking about
There is a small area for shops there too, only allowed during the Festival
IMG_20191116_180005.jpg

Your senses will be overloaded for sure visiting :megusta: :cool3:

This year with the Chinese virus, it is yet to be seen how the chariot pulling will be conducted, I'll visit once more

tomthounaojam

Country flag
So in Central Kerala we have an Annual festival called Kalpathy Rathothsavam (Kalpathy Chariot Festival)
Happens on the Riverbank village of Kalpathy, mostly Inhabited by Brahmins who have been living there since time immemorial
View attachment 119737View attachment 119738
View attachment 119738
But this time of the year, starting from November first or second week, the festivities will begin and the streets are filled with various shops, sweetmeat stalls, anything and everything,
I have even seen Chinese people coming here, but most Indians outside the state maybe unaware, in Kerala, everybody of all communities attend the festivities, all race creed and religion
View attachment 119743
This is what the Chariot looks like when it is taken out and pulled by the bystanders, it is very crowded, you'll be lucky to get a chance to pull that thing ( I have, many times)
View attachment 119744
View attachment 119745
The centre one is for lord shiva, the other two are his sons lord Murugan and Lord Ganesha

Also an interesting thing is the Kundanbalam, (a temple itself and some area surround it is just few metres below the ground level)
View attachment 119746
^^^ this is it, very similar to the Grand Bazaar from the Assassin's creed games, If you know what I'm talking about
View attachment 119747

This year with the Chinese virus, it is yet to be seen how the chariot pulling will be conducted, I'll visit once more
Kerela is on my bucket list to go to India, been to the south on a few occasions but not Kerela yet. But I think will come there once I settle down, travelling alone in a house boat would be lonely affair, hehe, Thanks

Tactical Doge

Country flag
IMG_20211201_064043.jpg

IMG_20211201_064737.jpg

IMG-20211201-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20211201-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20211201-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20211201-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20211201-WA0007.jpg

IMG_20211201_064900.jpg

Dindigul, Tamil Nadu
Hehee

Tactical Doge

Country flag

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
So here's my place aizawl,probably looks better in the summer but its nearly cloud less during the winters,its also probably when tourists come imo,but a good number of tourists will likely go to Thenzawl but i unfourtunately do not have any pictures of it since i do not live there

IMG20211117162117.jpg

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
if you guys want to come to mizoram,i recommend go to place like thenzawl,its really flat there compared to aizawl,but you might need a guide since thenzawl is hardly populated and without much public transports compared to aizawl,also taxis at aizawl are sky high,public bus is much much better

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
I also went to Guwahati back in 2014 real fun place but i did not stay much and see much as i was sleepy from travelling by duster also if you guys are going to shillong around november to january,be prepared for freeze cold and hail

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
View attachment 119737View attachment 119738
View attachment 119738
View attachment 119743
View attachment 119744
View attachment 119745

View attachment 119746
View attachment 119747

There's something similar (or maybe better:lehappy:) in the temples of southern kerala called "kettukazcha". I don't have any good pictures with me right now. You guys can check it out on google. A really famous one being "chettikulangara bharani".

Tactical Doge

Country flag
There's something similar (or maybe better:lehappy:) in the temples of southern kerala called "kettukazcha". I don't have any good pictures with me right now. You guys can check it out on google. A really famous one being "chettikulangara bharani".
Chettikulangara Bharani Naalil, Uthsavam kandu nadakumbol
1641702641378.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles