Unrest in Punjab

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Nope. Sikhs fought to save their own Kingdom and saving Hindus wasn't the primary objective. It was an additional perk.

If we use the logic that Sikhs use, it means Hindus also saved Sikhs many times, Marathas being the primary example.
But Marathas also had French and Portuguese officers in the Army. So did the French and Portuguese save the Sikhs? There is no end to it. Indian kingdoms were complicated and unlike the Ming dynasty there were no pan India unifying rulers for a long, sustained period in our history. Mauryas, Marathas and the Turks (Mughals) were the most successful unifiers but even they did not control all of Indian subcontinent systematically. The British were the only ones to do so - complete control with a pan Indian administration for a significant period of time. Only if Marathas had been smart after Shivaji’s demise and had built a powerful pan Indian empire with a powerful European style Navy, India would not have been colonized by the britards. But as usual the descendants of shivaji screwed it all up - a common feature of all Indian empires. This is a common feature to this day. Grand parents and parents build up wealth and the next generations screw it all up.

Vinash

Country flag
But Marathas also had French and Portuguese officers in the Army. So did the French and Portuguese save the Sikhs? There is no end to it. Indian kingdoms were complicated and unlike the Ming dynasty there were no pan India unifying rulers for a long, sustained period in our history. Mauryas, Marathas and the Turks (Mughals) were the most successful unifiers but even they did not control all of Indian subcontinent systematically. The British were the only ones to do so - complete control with a pan Indian administration for a significant period of time. Only if Marathas had been smart after Shivaji’s demise and had built a powerful pan Indian empire with a powerful European style Navy, India would not have been colonized by the britards. But as usual the descendants of shivaji screwed it all up - a common feature of all Indian empires. This is a common feature to this day. Grand parents and parents build up wealth and the next generations screw it all up.
Yours is a reasonable take i.e it was complex. One can pick and choose and find faults with every Empire.

My point was, I reject the claim that Sikhs saved Hindus.

I'm from Andhra. It was Vijayanagara Empire and multiple local Telugu Kings who fought against any Islamic invasions. I don't owe Sikhs anything. If anything, Sikhs should have some gratitude that Hindus have treated them with utmost respect instead of wiping them out like Pakistanis and Afghans.

If Sikh extremists keep up with their antics, I'm sure they'll end up with no motherland of their own and become Pariahs in India as well. They are almost as vulgar as their Punjabi brethren across the border.

There's too many parallels between the way Pakistani Punjabis have been messing with Sindhis, Baloch, Pashtuns and the way Indian Sikhs are acting with ROI.

Tuco

Country flag
Yours is a reasonable take i.e it was complex. One can pick and choose and find faults with every Empire.

My point was, I reject the claim that Sikhs saved Hindus.

I'm from Andhra. It was Vijayanagara Empire and multiple local Telugu Kings who fought against any Islamic invasions. I don't owe Sikhs anything. If anything, Sikhs should have some gratitude that Hindus have treated them with utmost respect instead of wiping them out like Pakistanis and Afghans.

If Sikh extremists keep up with their antics, I'm sure they'll end up with no motherland of their own and become Pariahs in India as well. They are almost as vulgar as their Punjabi brethren across the border.

There's too many parallels between the way Pakistani Punjabis have been messing with Sindhis, Baloch, Pashtuns and the way Indian Sikhs are acting with ROI.
My first interaction with any sikh on sm was with them mocking us over Langar, I didn't even know what Langar was. Once I knew I was surprised this is annadana, from Thirupathi to Dharmasthala this is very common in temples. I still don't understand why it is so hyped. They stole our tradition and pr'd the heck out of it.

Vinash

Country flag
My first interaction with any sikh on sm was with them mocking us over Langar, I didn't even know what Langar was. Once I knew I was surprised this is annadana, from Thirupathi to Dharmasthala this is very common in temples. I still don't understand why it is so hyped. They stole our tradition and pr'd the heck out of it.
Tell me about it. I'm from Tirupati. The way Sikhs boast about "Langar" is absolutely disgusting which is why I call them the "PR" community. They'll serve 2 rotis and take 20 pictures boasting about it.

The average Sikh is so ignorant that he doesn't even know that almost every big Temple does the same. He thinks Langar is something special.

I was raised in a home where anonymous donation and anonymous service was/is considered supreme.

AnantS

Country flag
Tell me about it. I'm from Tirupati. The way Sikhs boast about "Langar" is absolutely disgusting which is why I call them the "PR" community. They'll serve 2 rotis and take 20 pictures boasting about it.

The average Sikh is so ignorant that he doesn't even know that almost every big Temple does the same. He thinks Langar is something special.

I was raised in a home where anonymous donation and anonymous service was/is considered supreme.
All true, but one distinct feature at GT is they run Langar 24×7. There was another feature, all people irrespective of caste sat together. The roti was made by volunteers again without any restriction based on caste

Swesh

Sikhism became jattism in 1890s jatts are basically worshipped in Sikhism everybody else is just 2nd class Sikh. See there you have a fault line most NRI are jatts what remains here is non jatt sikhs. They just don't know how demographic works

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The Central Government today also declared following two organization as terrorist organizations under the provisions of the UAPA:

1. Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF): It is a militant outfit and it aims reviving terrorism in Punjab and challenges the territorial integrity, unity, national security and sovereignty of India and promotes various acts of terrorism, including targeted killings in Punjab.
  1. Jammu and Kashmir Ghaznavi Force (JKGF): It has been found involved in infiltration bids, narcotics and weapon smuggling and carrying out terror attacks in the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. It draws its cadres from various terrorist organisations, such as Lashker-E-Taiba, Jaish-E-Mohammed, Tehreek-ul-Mujahideen, Harkat-ul—Jehad-E-Islami etc.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

AnantS

Country flag
‘We did not understand the nature of this Khalistan event’: Sydney Masonic Centre cancels SFJ’s Khalistan Referendum voting event. Read details

Oh really you did not understand this issue for 40 years!? Seems Modi did a splendid job in explaining it to you. :hehe:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles