Burger boys and the India-US Relations

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkisRight

Country flag
@ezsasa U may be right in previous assumption dat state department and Pentagon are not in sync in this FoN drama...read above foreign affairs article.. But if it's true den serious question arises Is Murica going through gradual Soft coup over years..we all saw what happened on Capitol hill...is Pentagon loosing patience... Military takeover in Washington:scared2:...or its a smokescreen all the time...GoI is in tricky situation here

shade

Country flag
when i say civil society needs to step up, these are the kind of things i hope will happen more.
=========

To
The Publisher
While reading the 7th class History book of mine, I was shocked to see that there are so many distortions in it. I will give you examples.

Example 1. On the very first page of the book in the bottom right corner there is a box that says the following lines "The Hindus do not pay much attention to the historical order of things; they are very careless in relating the chronological succession of things, and when they are pressed for the information and are at loss not knowing what to tell say, they invariably take to tales telling" this is very insulting for Hinduism and it also gives the wrong impression to the children also. Why did you have to take such insulting lines for the first page of the book? And also can't forget to mention that these lines are taken from the account of Al-Beruni, but when Al-Beruni came to India he wrote so many good things about India and the Hindus, but why did you find this quote only to be capable of finding a place in your book?, and that too on the first page?

Example 2. Now one of the most shocking distortions was on a comic strip on page number 33, In which Razia Sultan is saying that ‘I will not discriminate between Hindus and Muslims, in my eyes all religions are equal.’ How could you say this? Razia was the one who destroyed the Kashi Vishwanath Temple and raised a mosque over that place and named it over her as ‘Razia Mosque’. Please tell us the sources from which you wrote these things in the textbooks.

Example 3. The 3rd example is from page 35 in the Kashmir column, in which you are saying that Zain-ul-Abidin is the greatest ruler of Kashmir and even called him the ‘Akbar of Kashmir’. You didn’t mention Lalitaditya Muktapida who expanded the kingdom of Kashmir from Iran to Tibet and from present day Kashmir to Present day Madhya Pradesh. His empire was even bigger than that of the Mauryas and the Mughals in their peak time, and he was the one who stopped the Muslim invasions of India for a long time. And I am also pointing out that he ruled just under the limits of Medieval India as he ruled from 724 CE to 764 CE.

Example 4. ‘Aurangzeb’. The textbook says that ‘‘Aurangzeb was a simple and god-fearing Muslim. Unlike other Mughal Emperors, he had a very simple lifestyle. He never wore costly robes or used gold or silver vessels. He even sewed caps and copied the ‘Quran’ to earn money for his use. Due to his simplicity he was called a ‘Zinda Pir’, a living saint. As a ruler Aurangzeb was short sighted and he gave up Akbar policy of tolerance. He became very unpopular when he introduced ‘Jaziya’. The policies of Aurangzeb pushed his empire to a decline.’’ So, as you can see here the textbook says that, he [Aurangzeb] was a very simple man and summarizing his cruel part in hardly four lines. It is giving an impression that Aurangzeb was a just ruler and his only unwise decision was to introduce the Jaziya tax. But actually, all of us know that how cruel ruler Aurangzeb was. He gave the Farman of the destruction of all the temples in India. Killed so many Hindus and meted out atrocities unthinkable, and the Jaziya tax that you are talking about was meant to be paid only by Non-Muslims. If I were to tell people about the procedure with which he killed Shambhaji, the son of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj then they will have sleepless nights. First, he was taken around the Mughal camp on a donkey with torn clothes, then his tongue was cut off and his limbs were uprooted, and then his body was cut into several pieces and then those pieces were fed to dogs. All of this was done on the order of Aurangzeb, such barbarism Aurangzeb used to commit, and also can’t forget to mention that Aurangzeb killed Guru Teg Bahadur and his disciples ‘Bhai Jatidas’ and ‘Bhai Matidas’ in a very brutal and inhuman manner. The last Sikh guru ‘Guru Gobind Singh’ were also murdered on the order of Aurangzeb only. This character of Aurangzeb’s which you gave in the textbook, in which you said that he was a pious and saintly man does not match with his real character at all.

Example 5. This distortion comes from page number 117 in which its written that ‘Tipu Sultan’ was known as the ‘Tiger’ of Mysore, and which he undoubtably was, and it’s also written that he even tried to build a modern navy which all is true. But you are taking sides here. In his own words Tipu Sultan invited the son or the grandson I am not sure, of Ahmed Shah Abdali to attack India, and also, he wrote a letter to a general of his that ‘‘You know I had a big achievement over Hindus a few days ago, I was able to convert 3,00,000 Hindus to Islam.’’ And that letters are on record and they were written by Tipu Sultan himself.

Example 6. This distortion is from page number 26 and 27 in which its written in the textbook about how Taimur came to India, massacred lakhs of people and then with loot he had taken from the areas he had invaded he beautified his capital. But you did not mention Rampyari Gurjar and how she organised 40,000 women troops and also the 80,000 men so a total of 1,20,000 ‘‘Mahapanchyat’’ troops who attacked and killed almost 95% of Taimur’s troops, and let me clarify what I mean by 95% of the troops. Taimur came to India with almost 2,00,000 soldiers and left with only 5,000-10,000 soldiers. The rest of the troops were put to the sword by the Mahapanchyat warriors. Reference in Saffron Swords by Manoshi Sinha.

Example 7. This distortion comes from page number 117 in which its written in a brown box in the bottom right corner that Tipu Sultan was the first person to use war rockets. But actually, they were first used by the Marathas even before the Third Battle of Panipat so that means it was used even before 1761! It’s even 20 years before Tipu Sultan even ascended the throne, and for evidence you can read the book of Uday S. Kulkarni the ‘Solstice at Panipat’. It’s in the third battle of Panipat. But it has a few paragraphs about how the Marathas used War rockets, and even he [Uday S. Kulkarni] took that information from the account of a European traveller who came to India in the 18th century.

Example 8. This distortion comes from page number 114 in which it is written that Mohammed Shah did not try to expand the Mughal kingdom and that the English were set to become the ‘Masters of India’. On this I wanted to say that the you are skipping the 60 to 80 year period in which the Marathas were the supreme and unchallenged power of the Indian subcontinent. They were so powerful that even the English feared them, and actually for a long period the Marathas were the king makers of the Mughal throne and the Mughals were just puppets in the hands of the Marathas. Instead of the Sayyid brothers. Again, the evidence for this is the book of Uday S. Kulkarni: ‘Solstice at Panipat’.

Example 9. This distortion comes from page number 26 in which its written that Mohammed Firoz Shah was a reformer and that he translated the Sanskrit texts into Arabic and Persian. But in his Autobiography, he wrote about how he destroyed the Temples and took pieces from the Idols he broke, put them in cow flesh and then wrapped them in the necks of Brahmins and paraded them throughout the city and regarding the translation of Sanskrit texts to Arabic and Persian thing, Firoz Shah himself wrote in the Autobiography that he himself gave the order for all the Sanskrit Texts be burnt, and the name of the Autobiography is ‘‘Futuhate Firoz Shahi’’.
That’s all I wanted to say.

[NOTE: I was able to find out these distortions when I was just casually seeing the book and I am sure I can find more such distortions if I read the book completely.]

I hope you will be kind enough to enquire in the matter,

Regards,
Shashwat Pandey

A Child's Critical Review of his Textbook in the Form of a Letter to the Publisher

@ezsasa U may be right in previous assumption dat state department and Pentagon are not in sync in this FoN drama...read above foreign affairs article.. But if it's true den serious question arises Is Murica going through gradual Soft coup over years..we all saw what happened on Capitol hill...is Pentagon loosing patience... Military takeover in Washington:scared2:
Its double speak meant to jew the average Indian and maybe GoI elements also.
The Chinese do this all the time, the Americunts now have learned this technique

HawkisRight

Country flag
Its double speak meant to jew the average Indian and maybe GoI elements also.
The Chinese do this all the time, the Americunts now have learned this technique
Yup it's a tricky situation for GoI to operate...it can well be a smokescreen

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

Indian visitors to the official website of the Yokosuka-based Commander, US 7th Fleet, were bemused to read the following announcement: “On 7 April, 2021 USS John Paul Jones asserted navigational rights and freedoms… inside India’s EEZ, without requesting India’s prior consent.” With an equal mix of righteousness and chutzpa, the statement adds, “India requires prior consent for military exercises or manoeuvres in its EEZ… a claim inconsistent with international law… This freedom of navigation operation (FONOP) upheld international law by challenging India’s excessive maritime claims.”

In an atmosphere of rapidly warming Indo-US relations, this gratuitous public declaration, coming within weeks of the US-led Quad Leaders virtual meeting and on the heels of a major Indo-US naval exercise can only be seen as an act of breath-taking inanity. The impropriety becomes even more obvious when viewed against the background that the “international law” being cited by Commander 7th Fleet is a UN Convention which resulted from the third UN Conference on Law of the Seas (UNCLOS 1982).

ADVERTISEMENT

India has ratified the Convention, which came into force in 1994, but there is rich irony in the fact that amongst the 168 nations who have either acceded to or ratified UNCLOS 1982, the US is conspicuous by its absence. The UN Secretariat has not charged any country with the role of overseeing or enforcing the implementation of UNCLOS. It is, therefore, intriguing to see that the US has arrogated to itself a “global-cop” role in its implementation. Since “rules-based maritime order” has become a much-used political catch-phrase, it is worthwhile examining the provenance of these rules and the role played by the US, so far.

Must Read Opinions
Why the Indo-Pacific has assumed significance for Europe after the pandemic
Datta Iswalkar: A great leader of Mumbai’s labour movement
As Covid cases rise, can India protect its most vulnerable?
CLICK HERE FOR MORE
At the risk of sounding doctrinaire, it must be said that the nine-year-long negotiations to formulate UNCLOS 1982 were essentially a struggle between the “haves” (the established European and North American maritime powers) and the “have-nots” — the emerging “third-world” — who began to stake their legitimate claims on the usage and wealth of oceans. The first major challenge to the old order came from the US when, in 1945, President Harry Truman unilaterally declared US jurisdiction over all natural resources on that nation’s continental shelf. This triggered a free-for-all, in which some states extended their sovereign rights to 200 miles, while others declared territorial limits as they pleased.

ADVERTISEMENT

To bring order to a confusing situation, conferences for codifying laws of the seas were convened by the UN, and after torturous negotiations, an agreement was obtained on a set of laws that formalised the following maritime zones: (a) a 12-mile limit on territorial sea; (b) a 24-mile contiguous zone; and (c) a newly conceived “exclusive economic zone” (EEZ) extending up to 200 miles within which the state would have sole rights over natural resources. The EEZ was said to be unique in that it was neither high seas nor territorial waters.

It was accepted that the seabed beyond the limits of national jurisdiction was not subject to national sovereignty but would be “the common heritage of mankind” and this seems to have been at the root of the US opposition to UNCLOS. President Ronald Reagan was reportedly convinced that this utopian concept favoured the under-developed countries thereby denying America the fruits of its technological superiority. The US Senate, therefore, refused to ratify UNCLOS.

ADVERTISEMENT

A major residual flaw in UNCLOS 1982 is that the signatories have chosen to remain silent on controversial issues with military or security implications and mandated no process for resolution of ambiguities. Resort to the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea or a Court of Arbitration are amongst the options available, but many states have expressed a preference for “negotiating in good faith”.

Amongst the areas of major contention or sharp divergence in the interpretation of rules are: Applicability of the EEZ concept to rocks and islets; the right of innocent passage for foreign warships through territorial seas; conduct of naval activities in the EEZ and the pursuit of marine scientific research in territorial waters and EEZ. India had reservations regarding these issues and made certain “declarations” in this context while ratifying UNCLOS. The time has, perhaps, come for signatories of UNCLOS 1982 to convene another conference to review laws and resolve issues of contention.

In the meantime, it seems pointless for the US Navy to frighten Maldives, or friendly India, through intimidatory FONOP patrols and provocative messages while the real culprit — China — presents the world with a succession of fait accompli. Having insulated itself against US intervention, through the progressive development of its “anti-access, area-denial” or A2AD capability, which poses a layered deterrent threat to approaching US forces, China has accelerated its campaign to achieve control of the South China Sea (SCS).

In 2013, China commenced on an intense campaign to build artificial islands in the SCS using a fleet of dredgers to create 3,000-4,000 acres of land on top of reefs in the Spratly and Paracel groups. Today, three Chinese outposts, Fiery Cross, Mischief & Subi Reefs, have airstrips and harbours and are fortified with missiles and radars. In 2016, China disdainfully rejected the verdict of the UN Court of Arbitration in its dispute with the Philippines. Closer home, in 2020, PLA troops aggressively surged forward on India’s northern borders, to cross the Line of Actual Control.

So far, none of the US initiatives including Obama’s abortive US Pivot/Re-balance to Asia, Trump’s Indo-Pacific Strategy and Asia Reassurance Initiative Act, seem to have had the slightest impact on China’s aggressive intent and the unfolding grand strategy. Convening of the first-ever leader-level summit of the Quad by President Joe Biden seemed to have breathed fresh life into an initiative dismissed by Beijing as so much “sea foam.”

In this fraught environment, the ever-expanding, worldwide FONOP campaign needs a careful reappraisal by US policy-makers for effectiveness — lest it alienates friends instead of deterring adversaries.

Country flag

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
India shd start discussing these matters ... As they have been going around the world preaching human rights along with few of our desi americans why shd we stay behind .

AUR ISKO BHI iss manner mai report kiya jaye ki USA se khud situation sambhal nahi rahi aur dusre pe comment karta hai tab isme china russia bhi sath denge

Roshan

Country flag
Chimpout season in the united states of aggression has started early this year by all accounts.

HitmanBlood

Country flag

Life in murica...
This is everywhere in US. Places like Chicago, Atlanta, Detroit are worst. Even once great cities like NY, LA have become giant crime ridden ghettos. Many companies are leaving CA and moving their business to Texas and Florida.

USA is fast becoming a third world hellhole under leftist rule.

Romediablo

Country flag
So now these new sanctions will definitely have some effects on our purchase os s400 and relations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles