Burger boys and the India-US Relations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrajit

Country flag
6 hours in office and first move beijing biden makes. Perfectly clear where his priorities are

Biden administration to revive military-to-military ties with Pakistan
Biden has made no such move. His nomination for secretary of defence is saying the usual stuff at confirmation hearings, do you expect him to condemn Pakistan even before he takes office? Everyone on Biden’s foreign policy and defence team, including Gen Austin has made their point clear on terrorism from Pakistan. Regurgitating Pakistani newspaper headlines grasping for straws isn’t indicative of anything. 4 years ago, it was our PM doing the circus act of Aman ki asha with Pakistan, expecting other countries to be more critical of Pakistan than they have is a recipe for letdown. The Pakistanis want out of FATF, they are doing whatever they are doing, cosmetic or otherwise to impress the Americans. You can expect something thrown their way, military ties between America and Pakistan is as vague a position as you can get. As long as weapon sales don’t start, we should be fine.

Pakistan has very limited use for the US now, except for its role in “peace” in Afghanistan. They are now too much in China’s camp to ever make it back to US’s camp and that change will now limit the relationship between the two. Add to it that the Pakistanis have lost support of KSA and UAE, they have not many cheerleaders in the US.

Country flag
Biden has made no such move. His nomination for secretary of defence is saying the usual stuff at confirmation hearings, do you expect him to condemn Pakistan even before he takes office? Everyone on Biden’s foreign policy and defence team, including Gen Austin has made their point clear on terrorism from Pakistan. Regurgitating Pakistani newspaper headlines grasping for straws isn’t indicative of anything. 4 years ago, it was our PM doing the circus act of Aman ki asha with Pakistan, expecting other countries to be more critical of Pakistan than they have is a recipe for letdown. The Pakistanis want out of FATF, they are doing whatever they are doing, cosmetic or otherwise to impress the Americans. You can expect something thrown their way, military ties between America and Pakistan is as vague a position as you can get. As long as weapon sales don’t start, we should be fine.

Pakistan has very limited use for the US now, except for its role in “peace” in Afghanistan. They are now too much in China’s camp to ever make it back to US’s camp and that change will now limit the relationship between the two. Add to it that the Pakistanis have lost support of KSA and UAE, they have not many cheerleaders in the US.
This could be the start of aid restarting to pakistan???

Indrajit

Country flag
I am not sure Biden wants to pursue the military angle Trump took??? He maybe willing to sacrifice
the quad??? When he was vice president under Obama not much Quad activity took place(australia dropped out)
Not for lack of trying by the Americans, it was MMS and Congress who were reluctant partners. Obama and Modi hit it off fine.

To sacrifice the quad, the US would have to have a reason. Quad isn’t only about India, two top US allies in Australia and Japan are there in it. The quad was a Japanese idea, India and the US already had close military relations with annual Malabar exercises from very long. Biden will most likely strengthen the quad, it offers additional leverage for the Americans against China and why would they give it up? Trade is different, no one gives up military leverage and alliances for nothing and China’s word is now worth just that, nothing.

Country flag
Not for lack of trying by the Americans, it was MMS and Congress who were reluctant partners. Obama and Modi hit it off fine.

To sacrifice the quad, the US would have to have a reason. Quad isn’t only about India, two top US allies in Australia and Japan are there in it. The quad was a Japanese idea, India and the US already had close military relations with annual Malabar exercises from very long. Biden will most likely strengthen the quad, it offers additional leverage for the Americans against China and why would they give it up? Trade is different, no one gives up military leverage and alliances for nothing and China’s word is now worth just that, nothing.
Until the Quad starts signing formal pacts (which India has refused) I don't know how far it can go??

Indrajit

Country flag
This could be the start of aid restarting to pakistan???
You have to ask the obvious question, for what purpose? Aid isn’t given freely, Pakistan must offer something in return and they have very little to give and being owned by China reduces the attraction for the US. Sure the US will try and stop Pakistan from going completely over to China’s side if possible and if Pakistan was so inclined but there are limits there. US relations with India are now paramount and Pakistan has prostituted itself out of use for now. I’m no astrologer but I don’t really see any chance of Pakistan going back to being the blue eyed boys of the US, especially when these days they are on their knees servicing China.

Indrajit

Country flag
Until the Quad starts signing formal pacts (which India has refused) I don't know how far it can go??
Again if India has refused, the fault lies not with the Americans. The quad as of now, I agree, is still a work in progress with final result not being clear. However, post China’s behaviour the last summer, we must utilise every leverage we can find and the quad is one of them. The quad and the change in name to Indo Pacific bugs China to no end (at different levels) and it is pertinent to note that Biden’s officials have all referred to it as Indo Pacific ( following an earlier misstep).

I’m not for being in the American camp but if the Americans want to be in ours, we must utilise it fully. Let the chips fall, no point in overthinking this. What will be, will be. I, for one, don’t see the need to be pessimistic just yet. Let’s just wait and watch.

Indrajit

Country flag
Yeah Biden may not but Kamla will definitely try to take away the guns from public hand.
Except that she is the VP and essentially has zero say. Part of the conditions for her joining the team was to say and do nothing outside what the Biden playbook was, essentially be the VP that Biden was to Obama. Even her official staff is vetted by the Biden team and she couldn’t even bring in her core advisors.

shade

Country flag
You have to ask the obvious question, for what purpose? Aid isn’t given freely, Pakistan must offer something in return and they have very little to give and being owned by China reduces the attraction for the US. Sure the US will try and stop Pakistan from going completely over to China’s side if possible and if Pakistan was so inclined but there are limits there. US relations with India are now paramount and Pakistan has prostituted itself out of use for now. I’m no astrologer but I don’t really see any chance of Pakistan going back to being the blue eyed boys of the US, especially when these days they are on their knees servicing China.
The underlined is precisely what Pro-Pak shills in Washington will peddle, that Pak needs to be shown leniency in regards to Terror( i.e FATF type things ), given Aid, Military and other kinds to "wean it away" from Chinese influence, and strenghten it to be a "reliable" partner in Afghanistan.

Ofc we know here that Pigs are playing a double game since 60 years easily, Jewing both sides for maximum benefit for themselves, and as we know, Indian lobbying efforts suck to counter the giving of "benefits" to Piggies by the US, and I doubt it has changed now.

shade

Country flag
Hope this is is a wake up call for the Sadhurajya to up it's shills Lobbyists in the West, both America and EU, our shilling game is absolutely pathetic, whether for actual hard gains or even for PR/Optics.

Surely being 5th or 6th largest economy in the world we can allocate some budget for Lobbyist activities in the West, Japan etc now can't we?

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Again if India has refused, the fault lies not with the Americans. The quad as of now, I agree, is still a work in progress with final result not being clear. However, post China’s behaviour the last summer, we must utilise every leverage we can find and the quad is one of them. The quad and the change in name to Indo Pacific bugs China to no end (at different levels) and it is pertinent to note that Biden’s officials have all referred to it as Indo Pacific ( following an earlier misstep).

I’m not for being in the American camp but if the Americans want to be in ours, we must utilise it fully. Let the chips fall, no point in overthinking this. What will be, will be. I, for one, don’t see the need to be pessimistic just yet. Let’s just wait and watch.
India has refused signing formal military treaties because to calm down some hot heads in Moscow and Tehran perhaps 😗 , but Moscow for sure .
Ye china ke liye to nai hosakta kyu ki usi ke khilaf banaya hai isko

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
I am in a very nice position in this regard.
Shrimaan , I take the liberty to presume that you live in US , now I had a little question from you about the state you live in and also which type of weapon you have bought , ( it must be better than katta , 5.56 caliber ya 7.62 ka weapon hai aapke paas).

Country flag
Shrimaan , I take the liberty to presume that you live in US , now I had a little question from you about the state you live in and also which type of weapon you have bought , ( it must be better than katta , 5.56 caliber ya 7.62 ka weapon hai aapke paas).
please pm me rather not give details publically

cannonfodder

Country flag
Now that Biden has ensured that trans athletes can compete in women’s sports, no doubt the bigots will be complaining about how they tend to win all the medals.

Maybe they’re just better women?
It will be interesting to watch women sports specially wrestling type of sports. :rofl:

My domestic politics reading: Pompeo has laid enough landmines between Chin-US relationship. Biden may try to reverse/improve relationship with Xi but here lies the domestic politics trap. If anything goes wrong which is likely with growing Chini influence & muscle flexing, R will make it good for their politics stating it as Dem weakness in coming years.

The gap between R(ep)&D(em) isn't that much in swing states, Trump was an outsider for both R&D. Majority of votes will be taken in his names by R in upcoming elections but he will be kept out citing capitol hill violence/demagoguery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles