United Kingdom to stop sending financial aid to India from January 1, 2016

AbRaj

Country flag
I can never work out if people here are angry because we are giving aid, angry because we think we should stop the aid, or angry because we finally agree with you that the aid should be stopped!

Some people in Britain are generally unhappy that we are legally obliged to use 0.7% of government spending on foreign aid, which as you all seem to agree is wasted, or at least badly accounted for. At the same time there are issues with deprivation and poverty in the UK that seems to be a low priority for our own government. It's not hatred or dislike of India that causes the resentment, but the perception that foreign aid is wasted in places that don't need it (such as India?) or on projects that are fundamentally useless - whilst we have our own issues that should be priority.

It seems there is no need to be angry - the British seem to think you don’t need aid and you seem to think you don’t need the aid, it so therefore seems like a good thing for everyone that the aid will be stopped. :)
We are angry at your pathetic state of mind, you people are morally bankrupt now and without Uncle Sams help you ass will be whipped by Russians in no time and no European country will come to rescue you (if your attitude towards French and Germans remain as it is now)

sorcerer

Country flag
Its good to know that India is so rich that it doesn't need aid any more. This is how the BBC thinks the money is spent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-34398449

Over 20 years, $300million the UK saves ($6 Billion) could pay for nearly half its F-35 fleet. And yes, when another country gives money to an NGO operating in your economy, its giving it to the country if it employ's local people who pay tax
Your NGO's are infamous for its covert operations on behalf of the western Propaganda machines.
UK NGO money wont flow into India anyway.
BBC !!! :laugh:..

I can never work out if people here are angry because we are giving aid, angry because we think we should stop the aid, or angry because we finally agree with you that the aid should be stopped!
We are angry because the aid was actually helping to promote anti India activities through NGOs and churches.

Some people in Britain are generally unhappy that we are legally obliged to use 0.7% of government spending on foreign aid, which as you all seem to agree is wasted, or at least badly accounted for. At the same time there are issues with deprivation and poverty in the UK that seems to be a low priority for our own government. It's not hatred or dislike of India that causes the resentment, but the perception that foreign aid is wasted in places that don't need it (such as India?) or on projects that are fundamentally useless - whilst we have our own issues that should be priority.
But BBC thinks there is NO poverty in Britian :laugh: but only in India. Sad how myopic the west is about their own state of things..."Leslee Udwin" was a fine example of such a myopia.

Foreign aid is legally wasted by your exchequer for running propaganda machinery in other nations. You guys should be happy that finally your govt is obliged to use 0.7% of your own money for your own nations good than fight wars and psy ops your economy cant sustain.

Ofcourse you have your own issues now that Migrants have taken over your economy at grass root level and Kuwaiti and UAE money has taken over your economy.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Its good to know that India is so rich that it doesn't need aid any more. This is how the BBC thinks the money is spent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-34398449

Over 20 years, $300million the UK saves ($6 Billion) could pay for nearly half its F-35 fleet. And yes, when another country gives money to an NGO operating in your economy, its giving it to the country if it employ's local people who pay tax
Indian Government doesn't take any aid.
You guys fund NGOs(Non- Government Organizations).
Government has many times expressed strong protest over British attempt to show India poor.
But Britain ignores. So, it's not our responsibility what NGOs do with your aid.
Indian Defense Budget and Space Budget is far larger than your aid. Moreover, we also have a lot of social development and poverty elimination programs in which there's not even a single British pound.
Our NGOs are fooling you and you guys are getting
We are doing much better than most of countries of our class. Growing much faster than. Obviously, we must have some common sense and India isn't also a $hithole, like posted by western idiots to sleep good at night.

gslv markIII

Country flag
We are angry because you're giving us peanuts in the name of aid you and then make big noise over it.Just visit the website/facebook page of any British newspaper/channel and look up comments for anything positive that happens in India.The top comment would be about 'aid'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2878713/India-launches-biggest-rocket-space.html

And then there are news articles like these...:shock:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/34...-s-Navy-as-it-spends-our-280m-aid-on-warships
Many Brits even think that their aid is our only source of revenue for our government....:pound::pound:I hope they know that we have an annual budget of $600 billion

Ikap

I am so through with that country. Half of their ethnic minorities are of Indian descent, and they probably make at least 1/4 of the UK's money!

I suggest we orient ourselves to Japan and China, maybe even entice Korea from it's Christianity, and lump the UK in with Pakistan...

The country has a duty to invest in South Asia. If it gives the money to Nepal or Sri Lanka, where small amounts of money can be used to do bigger things, then fine. If it's for Pakistanis then I'm voting for retaliation!​

Verdane

We are angry at your pathetic state of mind, you people are morally bankrupt now and without Uncle Sams help you ass will be whipped by Russians in no time and no European country will come to rescue you (if your attitude towards French and Germans remain as it is now)

I'm not sure who you believe to have a "pathetic state of mind." Or why you think it is pathetic. It may come as a shock, but the UK is not a hive mind. Everyone has different opinions. As evident on this website, hostile angry thin skinned types seem far more likely to post their views than the average person. This is as true in the UK as India.

Just to clarify...we don't need anyone to rescue us from Russia, mainly because Russia is not planning to invade us. If they were, we are part of NATO. That's rather the point of NATO. Historically we've never needed other Europeans to rescue us, it's tended to be the reverse. Russia would also need to go through Germany and France to reach us...so rather a moot point anyway really.

Are you confusing our attitude to membership of the EU, with our attitude to the French and Germans? You probably shouldn't.

Verdane

I am so through with that country. Half of their ethnic minorities are of Indian descent, and they probably make at least 1/4 of the UK's money!

I suggest we orient ourselves to Japan and China, maybe even entice Korea from it's Christianity, and lump the UK in with Pakistan...

The country has a duty to invest in South Asia. If it gives the money to Nepal or Sri Lanka, where small amounts of money can be used to do bigger things, then fine. If it's for Pakistanis then I'm voting for retaliation!​
We are angry because you're giving us peanuts in the name of aid you and then make big noise over it.Just visit the website/facebook page of any British newspaper/channel and look up comments for anything positive that happens in India.The top comment would be about 'aid'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2878713/India-launches-biggest-rocket-space.html

And then there are news articles like these...:shock:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/34...-s-Navy-as-it-spends-our-280m-aid-on-warships
Many Brits even think that their aid is our only source of revenue for our government....:pound::pound:I hope they know that we have an annual budget of $600 billion
I understand why that would annoy you, the anger towards foreign aid given to India should entirely be directed at our own government. Hardly your fault we direct aid to you. But surely you can also see why giving aid to a country that clearly doesnt need it is equally annoying to some Brits? £200 million would fund a lot of things in the UK, even if it's peanut in comparison to our own budget too - it would even fund a lot of things in countries that DO need the aid.

I don't think many Brits if any think the £200 million is significant to India, rather the opposite - but that's rather why people are annoyed...Clearly if we see you can afford a space programme, you dont need the aid.

Verdane

Indian Government doesn't take any aid.
You guys fund NGOs(Non- Government Organizations).
Government has many times expressed strong protest over British attempt to show India poor.
But Britain ignores. So, it's not our responsibility what NGOs do with your aid.
Indian Defense Budget and Space Budget is far larger than your aid. Moreover, we also have a lot of social development and poverty elimination programs in which there's not even a single British pound.
Our NGOs are fooling you and you guys are getting
We are doing much better than most of countries of our class. Growing much faster than. Obviously, we must have some common sense and India isn't also a $hithole, like posted by western idiots to sleep good at night.
I agree, it's not your problem if the UK is directing aid to NGOs when clearly India can afford to address its own social problems. That doesnt stop people being unhappy that the money is heading towards a country which clearly doesnt need it, however. So I think we can all be glad it has stopped.

Nuvneet Kundu

Oh, ok now kindly do us a favor and keep your money to yourself and buy some humor, you Britons(may I say momins of future Islamic Republic of Britania) seriously need it.
Once a symbol of civilized society you people have come down to demanding return of so called adds, in anger and frustration after your (is it?) Eurofighter lost the competition
I have read the comments section of the articles written on some daily newspapers and with due respect you people don't worth a dime.
Make no mistake, we accept we are dirt poor by all standards but you should know that you too are no more THE GREAT BRITAIN whose Union Jack, once used to fly on almost half of the globe
Part of the reason we are in such pathetic condition are because of you thugs, you people robbed us to rubbles and you starved half of Indian continent for your lavish lifestyle back in England and look at you now you people come here and shamelessly boasts about giving us heavenly civilization and railway for our welfare without your self-interest.
May Allah bless you people and your Republic, because God certainly won't
If your message is shown to Queen Elizabeth, she would die of heart attack. It's better if she dies now, if she lives any longer she will definitely become Begum Elizabeth.

Nuvneet Kundu

I agree, it's not your problem if the UK is directing aid to NGOs when clearly India can afford to address its own social problems. That doesnt stop people being unhappy that the money is heading towards a country which clearly doesnt need it, however. So I think we can all be glad it has stopped.
We will be happy if Britain actually stops sending aid. Britain has just switched from giving to our government to giving to NGOs in India which work as covert assets of MI6, so please don't mind if we pass a law to ban the very concept of a foreign funded NGO. I think we have a consensus far as flow of money from Britain to India is concerned; Neither you nor I want it. Make sure you stick to your end of the deal instead of shamelessly laundering the money through spurious channels into NGOs.

The reparations were a result of historic guilt on behalf of colonialism. Granted that no one can quantify the exact damage and come to an accurate number but even if you leave the money aside, Britain should continue to send a nominal sum of 1£ per year out of courtesy. The lack of which clearly shows your moral bankruptcy stemming from a complete lack of remorse.

Last edited:

Verdane

I'm sure we will be devastated to hear that we don't have your personal support.

Yes British Indians along with the British Chinese have been successful in the UK (whilst some ethnicities don't do so well) - but no they don't account for a quarter of GDP. Sorry to dissapoint.

I'm not sure what you mean by "orientate yourselves towards the UK" assuming you mean the Netherlands. Whatever links there are between us are mutually beneficial and are not even remotely guided by foreign aid priorities.

Since you seem upset by those here's an Interesting statistic (bit dated from 2013 via OECD..) % of GDP given in foreign aid (ours is bound by law)
  1. United Kingdom – 0.72%
  2. Netherlands – 0.67%
So perhaps you should put pressure on your own government to increase aid if its so important to you, rather that threatening to "retaliate" against the UK. Also not sure what you mean by relataliate - ban the export of tulips and Edam to the UK?

Verdane

We will be happy if Britain actually stops sending aid. Britain has just switched from giving to our government to giving to NGOs in India which work as covert assets of MI6, so please don't mind if we pass a law to ban the very concept of a foreign funded NGO. I think we have a consensus far as flow of money from Britain to India is concerned; Neither you nor I want it. Make sure you stick to your end of the deal instead of shamelessly laundering the money through spurious channels into NGOs.

The reparations were a result of historic guilt on behalf of colonialism. Granted that no one can quantify the exact damage and come to an accurate number but even if you leave the money aside, Britain should continue to send 1£ per year out of courtesy. The lack of which clearly shows your moral bankruptcy stemming from a complete lack of remorse.
They are not reparations, they are part of an aid budget and actually rather a small part since the budget is something silly like £17 billion now. If they were to salve the guilt caused by what some dead people did or did not do to some other dead people, then i'm sure it would be far more successful if anyone in the UK actually knew where it was spent.

Perhaps, since you seem to have a grasp where the money goes you could provide some detail? Which NGOs working on behalf of MI6 are going to recieve money? Well, even just identifying which NGO work for MI6 would be interesting.

Nuvneet Kundu

Perhaps, since you seem to have a grasp where the money goes you could provide some detail? Which NGOs working on behalf of MI6 are going to recieve money? Well, even just identifying which NGO work for MI6 would be interesting.
That's why I said, if they could be easily identified then they wouldn't be covert assets would they? We get some feelers here, some feelers there. It appears starkly in the atrocity literature that's cropping up from the Indian journalists and historians who have family ties with erstwhile British colonial empire and present day intel service. Since you asked, the Thapar family is one such asset of Britain. Lady Thapar works as a propagandist for the British Raj, her son works at a news channel, he was trained by your state sponsored propaganda factory, BBC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romila_Thapar

There are many others, but the number of British assets within India is orthogonal to the point. It's a principled opposition to the very fact that they exist and are funded by dubious means. Take these individuals back and we are even.

Last edited:

AbRaj

Country flag
I'm not sure who you believe to have a "pathetic state of mind." Or why you think it is pathetic. It may come as a shock, but the UK is not a hive mind. Everyone has different opinions. As evident on this website, hostile angry thin skinned types seem far more likely to post their views than the average person. This is as true in the UK as India.

Just to clarify...we don't need anyone to rescue us from Russia, mainly because Russia is not planning to invade us. If they were, we are part of NATO. That's rather the point of NATO. (1)Historically we've never needed other Europeans to rescue us, it's tended to be the reverse. Russia would also need to go through Germany and France to reach us...so rather a moot point anyway really.

2)Are you confusing our attitude to membership of the EU, with our attitude to the French and Germans? You probably shouldn't.
First apologies for harsh words as I was reading http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-British-aid-send-250million-rocket-moon.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094610/France-swoops-rob-UK-13bn-Indian-jet-contract.html
and at that time frankly I was quite angry but now, approx 1.5 rich British performing ROYAL Crying :biggrin2:, here we call it RANDI RONA:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Most of the comments are outright disgusting, and shows poor mindset of majority of royal Britons :biggrin2:

Man if you people are so poor why the hack you provide add in first place then you cry that we are doing some research or buying some arms

Learn some dignity and professionalism from Americans, they are providing arms and ammunition to Pakistanis/Talibans who use it to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan, that's called generosity :cool1:

1)LOL, Americans saved your ass in WW2 otherwise history could have been different my friend

2) No, I don't have a bit of doubt that it's all your propaganda to achieve some lavarge in EU, Otherwise The Great Britain is just like many other insignificant members (may be 3rd or 4th)
The real power lies in Germany and France

Btw just today's news about poor and hungry Indians
http://m.economictimes.com/tech/ite...-as-uks-top-employer/articleshow/51001059.cms
And that just one company of Large Indian conglomerate

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I agree, it's not your problem if the UK is directing aid to NGOs when clearly India can afford to address its own social problems.
Can? We are doing it man.
West only watches our space and defense program but never talks of huge socio economic development achievements.
I think we can all be glad it has stopped.
We will also be glad over this. :thumbsup:
We have been telling world that we don't need aid and stop looking down at us. This will be pretty nice for us. :D

Nuvneet Kundu

First apologies for harsh words as I was reading http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-British-aid-send-250million-rocket-moon.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094610/France-swoops-rob-UK-13bn-Indian-jet-contract.html
and at that time frankly I was quite angry but now, approx 1.5 rich British performing ROYAL Crying :biggrin2:, here we call it RANDI RONA:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Most of the comments are outright disgusting, and shows poor mindset of majority of royal Britons :biggrin2:

Man if you people are so poor why the hack you provide add in first place then you cry that we are doing some research or buying some arms

Learn some dignity and professionalism from Americans, they are providing arms and ammunition to Pakistanis/Talibans who use it to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan, that's called generosity :cool1:

1)LOL, Americans saved your ass in WW2 otherwise history could have been different my friend

2) No, I don't have a bit of doubt that it's all your propaganda to achieve some lavarge in EU, Otherwise The Great Britain is just like many other insignificant members (may be 3rd or 4th)
The real power lies in Germany and France

Btw just today's news about poor and hungry Indians
http://m.economictimes.com/tech/ite...-as-uks-top-employer/articleshow/51001059.cms
And that just one company of Large Indian conglomerate
Agree with most of it, although there is a slight nuance in point #1 (WW2), the US did help Britain to sustain a fight but only when the British had been thoroughly knocked down by Germany. The US waited and watched in amusement as Britain spent all the ill-gotten wealth they had earned from their colonies over centuries in a single conflict. Once Britain got desperate, the US offered them help, even that was on terrible terms. The agreement asked the British to give up all control over all colonies and subsequently give up the preferential trade routes that they monopolized. The US also asked Britain to hand over all military R&D to the US so that they could manufacture those weapons on US soil. This knowledge was so wast, it contained PhD theses, weapons blueprints, encryption technologies and other things, the British had to hire a large cargo ship to send all these blue prints to the US in the middle of a U-boat war. It was probably the largest transfer of information from one civilization to another in the shortest time.

The humiliation didn't stop at that. After WW2 was over, Britain was itching to invade some other strategic location and sought to control it as a means to retain their geostrategic heft. They along with France and Israel invaded Suez canal. Most of the global trade and oil flowed from here so the British wanted to control this choke point as a means to blackmail the world. When the US found out, they sent military help to Egypt to defeat the British. This was the fist time someone had shown Britain their "aukad", they had probably forgotten that their global empire had collapsed and Britain was no longer a world power. They were not used to taking orders from anyone but for the first time they had to listen, like an obedient dog.

In a way, the US hurt Britain more than Germany ever could. It was the US, not Germany that rang the final death knell for the British empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis

Finally, I'd say, there is no difference between talking to a Pakistani and a British person. They are both brainwashed by their syllabus and live in a fancy world of their own. Their opinions are divorced from the facts and both have a latent romanticism for the large monarchies that each of them previously presided over. None of them have come out of their "the glorious past" mindset.

AbRaj

Country flag
Can? We are doing it man.
West only watches our space and defense program but never talks of huge socio economic development achievements.

We will also be glad over this. :thumbsup:
We have been telling world that we don't need aid and stop looking down at us. This will be pretty nice for us. :D
According to 99% of royal Britons :biggrin2: these are add - bribe/bribe - adds and they want us to buy their White Elephant aka Europhyter Typhoon and return back the favor :biggrin2:
They think that their donations are what keeping us alive and we poor hungry Indians will die without it. So they threatening to stop it:pound:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles