Union Budget 2017

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
On the down side of current fiscal inland waterways is not progressing well. From the progress reports there seems to be resistance in UP and Bengal. Equipment acquisition is ok but constructions Works are slow.

On the upside Jaitley was saying that 81% if funds in current fiscal already spent, which does not happen usually. Usually 50% gets spent in last quarter.

And also going by the tenders, defence ministry may not be returning any monies this fiscal. Last two fiscals they did.

mayfair

And also going by the tenders, defence ministry may not be returning any monies this fiscal. Last two fiscals they did.
Parrikar did say that the Vajra deal will be signed this fiscal, plus, a few others. So unspent monies may not amount to much.

I wonder which will the big ticket items in the coming year and how much would each of the services incur- I can think of the second Akula lease for the navy, IAF tanker and AWACs and more Rudras, ALHs and hopefully Arjun MKII for IA.

Any others?

lcafanboy

Country flag
Bazooka hits military’s hopes of modernisation
The defence budget was hiked by a measly 6% to Rs 274,114 crore ($40.42 billion), dashing hopes of any major jump in military modernisation this year despite heightened tensions with Pakistan and the ever-expanding military capabilities of China.

The defence outlay works out to 1.63% of the projected GDP for 2017-18, the lowest figure since the 1962 war with China. Though this figure has been steadily declining in percentage terms as the economy expands, military experts contend it should be over 2.5% to ensure the armed forces are capable of tackling the "collusive threat" from Pakistan and China.
http://m.timesofindia.com/business/...pes-of-modernisation/articleshow/56925346.cms

anoop_mig25

Country flag
I think this may be in part to cover those who were reducing their incomes from 1 crore to just below (say 99.5 lakhs) to escape the 15% surcharge. Now they will still be able to avoid the 15% surcharge, but not by much.

10% to dena hi padega.

Most of RW on tiwtter are lamenting that there is no change in income tax slab rate between from Rs 5 lakh up to Rs 10 lakh 20% and also about surcharge of 10% if income is more then that of 50 lakhs

Between what would % of people with that much amount of income .i mean with 50 lakhs

In between there is too much less debate this thread compare to that barkha thread:doh::facepalm::frusty:

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
I have various issue with budgets and all

I would keep psoting and hope somebody some day would answere

My first grouse is that too money has been allocated to stuffs/department which comes in concurrent list.

Why does Centraol Gov allocates money to ir when actual implementation has to be done by states

Why dosent state allocates money on its own and then work on such project

Center allocates funds by states never perform satisfactorily on the other hand they grouse that less funds has been allocated to states

Stop this drama of budget .de-dramatise it ...

What point when half population kept on whining over it

Can budgets be explained in simple terms so that lay men can understand it without CA/tax consultant/lawyer

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles