Understanding China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaad

Country flag
Gorbachev's thought provoking speech is a reminder to all countries with non-western values. View attachment 209326
What's the west got to do with the dissolution of the USSR ? It was the internal dynamics of the Communist Party & the ambition & greed of individual party apparatchiks which brought about the collapse. Something which scared the living daylights off the CCP in China.

rockdog

Country flag

34 years on... Must be of your age group. @rockdog ; @SexyChineseLady

I was nine when it happened, not the capital city but the students in lines walked through our elementary school.

It needed to be confessed by CCP no doubt, i mean cracked down by PLA was big mistake, but if let those young students take the power, China would became worse.

I don't like CCP, doesn't mean I buy in chaotic democracy like India.

We might need 50 yrs to solve this issue.

Last edited:

SexyChineseLady

I was nine when it happened, not the capital city but the students in lines walked through our elementary school.

It needed to be confessed by CCP no doubt, i mean cracked down by PLA was big mistake, but if let those young students take the power, China would became worse.

If we can change the CPC without bloodshed then I think a majority of Chinese people on all sides would be for it.

But we know it would be likely be chaos and destruction so why risk it? What happened in 1989 could have ended in a lot of ways. But whatever happened happened and China is infinitely wealthier today from Deng's reforms after the uprising. We have no idea what would have happened if the students got their way. It might or might not be better than today. But overall, it is pretty irrelevant to what we see today because what see today is the world's largest economy with its own space station and dominance in industries from cars to ships to new energy -- something they could never imagine back in 1984.

Those students in 1984 never saw what China became and how China has changed. If they knew that China would end up with the world's largest overseas college student population and the world's largest number of outbound tourists spending ever more money on travel than even Americans then I doubt they would have bothered protesting.

In 1984, they though China would remain poor and isolated like North Korea and wanted to become like the West as soon as possible. They didn't know about "color revolutions" back then and what happened to those countries afterwards. They didn't know what the US will do to Iraq and Syria.

skywatcher

Country flag
Yup. China under great helmsman 2.0 is definitely in safe hands. After all great helmsman 1.0 gpt you so many wonderful achievements like elimination of the petit bourgeoisie like kulaks & merchants , redistribution of land accompanied by the 5 pests campaign , the great leap forward , the cultural revolution & the great purges in between all that which collectively led to anywhere between 50-100 million fatalities. So , India os definitely not a destination for a great people headed by an even greater helmsman whether version 1.0 or 2.0.
Imagine Mao ruled India. The traditional Indian society would be completely destroyed and reconstructed. Most of the upper class Brahmin & Kshatriya would be executed with no mercy. 10% of population would die and Mao still believes it's worth it. Mao would be defamed as a dictator by overseas Indian dissidents and Mao would reply:"I'm a dictator and I'm proud of it."

i_f25.png

Last edited:

Azaad

Country flag
Imagine Mao ruled India. The traditional Indian society would be completely destroyed and reconstructed. Most of the upper class Brahmin & Kshatriya would be executed with no mercy. 10% of population would die and Mao still believes it's worth it. Mao would be defamed as a dictator by overseas Indian dissidents and Mao would reply:"I'm a dictator and I'm proud of it."

View attachment 209741
And the 50-100 million dead during the 5 pests campaign & the great leap forward would be a bonus. Btw for all his murderous schemes just to ensure he continued in power he couldn't even dismantle Chinese society . Apparently the roots were too old & deep for one Madman to wreck havoc. May China continue to get it's share of Maos. The present incumbent seems like the old one to be honest

skywatcher

Country flag
What's the west got to do with the dissolution of the USSR ? It was the internal dynamics of the Communist Party & the ambition & greed of individual party apparatchiks which brought about the collapse. Something which scared the living daylights off the CCP in China.
Why? USSR was doing great if not compared to western countries.
i_f25.png

skywatcher

Country flag
If we can change the CPC without bloodshed then I think a majority of Chinese people on all sides would be for it.

But we know it would be likely be chaos and destruction so why risk it? What happened in 1989 could have ended in a lot of ways. But whatever happened happened and China is infinitely wealthier today from Deng's reforms after the uprising. We have no idea what would have happened if the students got their way. It might or might not be better than today. But overall, it is pretty irrelevant to what we see today because what see today is the world's largest economy with its own space station and dominance in industries from cars to ships to new energy -- something they could never imagine back in 1984.

Those students in 1984 never saw what China became and how China has changed. If they knew that China would end up with the world's largest overseas college student population and the world's largest number of outbound tourists spending ever more money on travel than even Americans then I doubt they would have bothered protesting.

In 1984, they though China would remain poor and isolated like North Korea and wanted to become like the West as soon as possible. They didn't know about "color revolutions" back then and what happened to those countries afterwards. They didn't know what the US will do to Iraq and Syria.
Deng completely derailed Mao's great plan of global communism.

jai jaganath

Country flag

View attachment 209741
Why upper caste what have they done
Those brahmins and kshatriya have safeguarded our civilization
And importantly speak what u know about not what u see through other's opinion
What do u even know regarding varna system
It's a system based on ur job not birth but it was Britishers who made it or turned it into birth system to cause division
Speaking shit should be stopped
We can't be u guys killing culture and civilization and multiple people

jai jaganath

Country flag
India needs a Mao-style leader badly.View attachment 209752
Ur opinion is shit and ur retarded brain makes u write which u don't understand a bit
What brahmins or kshatriyas have done that vaishya or shudras haven't done and why should they get killed
Stop putting our bogus communist thinking here killing this section that section just for no purpose
Even then our country gives reservation to shudras or ST/SC or OBC or SEBC
Get some knowledge regarding this land before shitting here

another_armchair

Country flag

View attachment 209741
Don't blow your cover ... you are no Chinese.

RocketMan

Country flag

China & India are both civilizational entities & will remain so for thousands of years . Difference is Qin empire consolidated China during late bronze age & established a bureaucracy with meritocratic basis while India was organised as a decentralised confederation .

skywatcher

Country flag
Last edited:

skywatcher

Country flag
Then North Korea is the country China should be emulating .
I'm just saying North Korea is a stable society even if it is more authoritarian than USSR. And North Korea's Juche system would run smoothly for hundreds of years if without direct foreign intervention..
i_f25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles