UN Vote on alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan Army and LTTE

UN vote on alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan Army and LTTE: What should India do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KS

Bye bye DFI
@karthic

What you saying is correct. I agree with most of your points. But we can't afford hostile nation at south. We already have enemy on 8,000 Km border from Gujarat to Arunchal.
Perhaps its time to grow balls and force then not to do anything like that...not beg them not
to do so.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Let me tell you. This MMS is spineless PM. Either you support or oppose. Government is confused. Now, expect within next 2 years a resolution will come up against India in UNHRC like 1994. Also, Hostile nation in South ? Interesting time ahead! :lol:
This has nothing to do witth MMS...

The choice before them was simple...keep supporting Lanka and risk alienating us or respect our concerns..

Good sense prevailed and they took the wiser option.

p.s.: bankrupt India in 1994 =/= India in 2012 with global economy so interwined. Wake up.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Let me tell you. This MMS is spineless PM. Either you support or oppose. Government is confused. Now, expect within next 2 years a resolution will come up against India in UNHRC like 1994. Also, Hostile nation in South ? Interesting time ahead! :lol:
At this rate we will have no positive relations with any country our region. Even iran trade agreements are hanging by a thread.

I hope single national party wins majority seats by itself in next election. I dont care whether it is congress or bjp. This coalition nonsense is more harmful to our country and lets not even think what will happen if 3rd front forms the govt :toilet:

Galaxy

Country flag
Perhaps its time to grow balls and force then not to do anything like that...not beg them not
to do so.
Yes, Now no other options. we have to grow balls, Improve our defense capability and diplomatic relation!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
to do so.
You cannot force any hostile country to do anything short of invading them. You can only force "friends" into doing something but cannot force "enemies" into doing anything except going there and beating them yourself.

Learn about diploomacy.

Galaxy

Country flag
But there is silver lining .........

We can raise Tibet, Aksai Chin, POK, Baluchistan issue in case both Chini+Paki raises Our Kashmir. Most of the Muslim countries supported Chini+Paki. We have to powerful on own!!

I don't see SL has ball to go against India. But then we have to prepare for it. SL should not become Burma. Today, I read an article how Pakistan ISI is financing BNP of Bangladesh to come in power in 2013. Maldives gone few months back. Nepali Maoist are Pro-Chinese.

We should focus on "Ekla Chalo Re" policy :india:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
But there is silver lining .........

We can raise Tibet, Aksai Chin, POK, Baluchistan issue in case both Chini+Paki raises Our Kashmir. Most of the Muslim countries supported Chini+Paki. We have to powerful on own!!

I don't see SL has ball to go against India. But then we have to prepare for it. SL should not become Burma. Today, I read an article how Pakistan ISI is financing BNP of Bangladesh to come in power in 2013. Maldives gone few months back. Nepali Maoist are Pro-Chinese.

We should focus on "Ekla Chalo Re" policy :india:
lanka, bd, burma, nepal, maldives should be under our control.

when that is done then fund and arm the balochs to the teeth and further divide pakis. When that is done then pakis in there anger will do something stupid and we should retaliate by taking back gilgit-balistan thereby cutting paki-chini land link. Then if chinis act like idiots then start arming the tibetians and also east turkmenistan separatists since we will have gilgil area.

allright now shall we stop dreaming ? :wave:

Galaxy

Country flag
lanka, bd, burma, nepal, maldives should be under our control.

when that is done then fund and arm the balochs to the teeth and further divide pakis. When that is done then pakis in there anger will do something stupid and we should retaliate by taking back gilgit-balistan thereby cutting paki-chini land link. Then if chinis act like idiots then start arming the tibetians and also east turkmenistan separatists since we will have gilgil area.

allright now shall we stop dreaming ? :wave:
Well for that to happen, We need strong Nationalist leader + Capability + Single Party rule + Intention !! Very difficult in near future.

But Yes, Bhutan, Nepal, SL, Maldive should be part of India. Burma and Bangladesh as autonomous country under our control. :cool2:

I don't know whether Government thinks like that or not? Possible or not? But that should be our futuristic ambitious goal!!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Well for that to happen, We need strong Nationalist leader + Capability + Single Party rule + Intention !! Very difficult in near future.

But Yes, Bhutan, Nepal, SL, Maldive should be part of India. Burma and Bangladesh as autonomous country under our control. :cool2:

I don't know whether Government thinks like that or not? Possible or not? But that should be our futuristic ambitious goal!!
our priority should be to make pakis like nepal ie a land locked country which would only consist of punjab and part of sindh. afghans will take pashto lands and balochstan should be independent country and small part of sindh should be occupied by us to have land link with balochs and further into iran. imagine having direct link to middle east and central asia with no paki shite. our energy needs for many decades would be sorted out for good.

KS

Bye bye DFI
You cannot force any hostile country to do anything short of invading them. You can only force "friends" into doing something but cannot force "enemies" into doing anything except going there and beating them yourself.

Learn about diploomacy.
Forcing and not forcing depends on geography, relative power of both countries, their relative influence in global arena, economics and not if they are friend or foe.

India, if it wants trumps Lanka in all these areas.

Perhaps it is time for you to learn logic.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Just got to know the slimy double dealing CONgi dogs have done it again.

A last minute amendment which was introduced has effectively killed the resolution and made it redundant.

Good job bastards. Forget the 5 seats also you now have in TN.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
As a fellow Indian i advice you to not read the comments.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Best part is I heard a Lankan official say that they "understand" India's domestic political compulsion behind the vote.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
One of the shittiest, most racist, disgusting article TOI has ever written.

Seriously ? "Chennai splits India" ?? As if we are a separate country.....Instead of standing by us, this is what they write ?..I hope somebody just busts TOI office in chennai.

Chennai forces India to split from Asia, censure Sri Lanka - The Times of India

Saar it says chennai splits India from Asia as rest of Asia voted for SL.

Nothing racist about the article. I don't know why people get excited for no reason, the comments on TOI by its readers are both hilarious, stupid and despicable.

amoy

The US-sponsored resolution at the UNHRC, though non-binding, was passed with 24 votes, 15 against and 8 abstentions. China voted against the resolution as did many in India's neighbourhood - Bangladesh and Maldives, as well as Russia, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia. US envoy, Eileen Donahue said, "An enduring peace will be unsustainable without meaningful steps to foster national reconciliation and accountability...We see India's support as nothing but positive."
Non binding, but gave a chance to South Asian neighbours to take a stand. :namaste:

All sticks, no carrots!

Some of the comments are indicating a Tamil-vs.-"India" scenario :p
It is time all India parties think in terms of excluding regional parties from the national level. only parties with legislative presence in at least 25% of teh States should be allowed to contest in parliament. Or the top three parties in vote share and presence at least in 10 states which ever is practical. But have we lost the window for such a legislation?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Non binding, but gave a chance to South Asian neighbours to take a stand. :namaste:

All sticks, no carrots!

I am sure you would love that but no there is no Tamil V India scenario. It's called difference of opinion and our right I express it, something that ordinary Chinese can't in China.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

All sticks, no carrots!

There is no tamil vs India.

These sort of debates dont mean we will turn the knife on tamils or tamils on rest of India. Having different opinions is fabric of Indian society. Let lanka or anyone else openly declare war on tamil nadu and see reaction from rest of Indians. We are having argument on political decisions which i assume is beyond your grasp to understand since you people have no say in what your govt does.

Go back....too much diversity is alergic to chinis :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles