UN Vote on alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan Army and LTTE

UN vote on alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan Army and LTTE: What should India do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Also North Indian brothers

Dont mess with INDIA we are always helpful if you are friendly
SLG knows better how to handle India and China....! and SL people won't forget the historical relationship both countries share!

And you think that Chicoms are trying to save you for your good and not for their corporate gains.:frusty:
We also had Russia on our side........ and we know about the concern of every country.......... it's every man for himself situation out their!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
We also had Russia on our side........ and we know about the concern of every country.......... it's every man for himself situation out their!
And Russians did it because it was initiated by the US.

sukhish

All,
just by the looks of it, he looks like very family man. I don't the whole story about him, but killing his son in cold blood, make my blood boil.
eveybody is busy in making him the scapegoat, but there may be involved in a just thing. India's are being beaten up everywhere, be it kashmir, sri lanka and not to forget our tibetien brothers. get some balls are show these countries their place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India added a line at the last stage to water down the resolution. No violation of sovereignty and some other stuff I saw on TV. Not getting the exact thing as of now.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
India added a line at the last stage to water down the resolution. No violation of sovereignty and some other stuff I saw on TV. Not getting the exact thing as of now.
Ya you are right i thought it will go unnoticed here but what it means is no 3rd party intervention physically but SL will still be bounded to answer UN in timely fashion and if not may be more pressure from intl groups and even minor sanctions

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
So we go against lanka even when nothing will happen on the ground ? :frusty:

if you are going against then go full distance or dont play your ace cards if nothing will happen. these half measures are like double negatives. tamils in lanka dont get justice and our foreign relations go down the gutter :toilet:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Hell yeah....

AFP: UN adopts contested resolution on Sri Lanka war crimes probe

But still the sliminess has not left them...see the foreign ministry statement after that.

India did not take the floor during the debate, but the foreign ministry issued a statement after the vote, saying that Colombo "has to be provided time and space to achieve the objectives of reconciliation and peace."

India added that "it would continue to remain engaged with the government of Sri Lanka to take forward the process of reconciliation."

Galaxy

Country flag
So we go against lanka even when nothing will happen on the ground ? :frusty:

if you are going against then go full distance or dont play your ace cards if nothing will happen. these half measures are like double negatives. tamils in lanka dont get justice and our foreign relations go down the gutter :toilet:
It was done due to pressure from Tamil Nadu based political parties specially DMK. Coalition Government is not that easy!! But IMO, It's mistake. Indeed, May be blunder!!

LTTE and SL Army both were culprit but Indians of future generation will live to regret this vote against Sri Lanka, as our generation is regretting Nehru's screw up on Kashmir.

Terror organisation LTTE may have died but ideology remains alive even today. Anti Srilanka sentiments will rise and will help LTTE for new revival which might be danger for bilateral relation in years to come!!

KS

Bye bye DFI
When two elephants try to slug it out,,its the grass that gets damaged.

Hope Lankans understand that and not indulge in any foolish moves...considering that it was their intention to be a host to US Navy that was one of the main reasons for IG supporting LTTE.

Galaxy

Country flag
My guess is within next 2 years a resolution will come up against India in UNHRC like 1994. If Puppet will be still around, he might even vote for it. It will be interesting to see whom will India turn to for help.

KS

Bye bye DFI
It was done due to pressure from Tamil Nadu based political parties specially DMK. Coalition Government is not that easy!! But IMO, It's mistake. Indeed, May be blunder!!
DMK (and ADMK) just reflected the anger,emotion on the ground...not the other way around.

Honest to god, New Delhi has already alienated many people by supporting the gruesome genocide the Lankans ddid in the final stages...it ran the risk of further alienation if it continued with its policies of shielding a murderer. It was upto them to decide if this alienation was worth the so called national interests from Lanka.

LTTE and SL Army both were culprit .
Correct...LTTE has already been taken care off in the old fashioned way...now its the turn of the Lankan govt.

Terror organisation LTTE may have died but ideology remains alive even today. Anti Srilanka sentiments will rise and will help LTTE for new revival which might be danger for bilateral relation in years to come!!
If the Lankans are not sincere in holding the culprits accountable and be true to the reconciliation promises, yes there is arisk of insurgency flaring up and that is only natural...no point blaming the Tamils for that...

Galaxy

Country flag
When two elephants try to slug it out,,its the grass that gets damaged.

Hope Lankans understand that and not indulge in any foolish moves...considering that it was their intention to be a host to US Navy that was one of the main reasons for IG supporting LTTE.
Yes......

Sri Lanka is very very important, a hurt Sri Lanka has a china & pakistan waiting to surround india for its vicious intent. Even we don't have Maldive. Burma, Bangladesh, Nepal are not reliable. As of now, We don't have enough capability to face enemies on all 4 side.

KS

Bye bye DFI
My guess is within next 2 years a resolution will come up against India in UNHRC like 1994. If Puppet will be still around, he might even vote for it. It will be interesting to see whom will India turn to for help.
No need to turn to anyone...India is not the shit sized island with absolutely no say in international affairs and no way did India did a systematic state sponsored ethnic cleansing like the SInhalese did.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Yes......

Sri Lanka is very very important, a hurt Sri Lanka has a china & pakistan waiting to surround india for its vicious intent. Even we don't have Maldive. Burma, Bangladesh, Nepal are not reliable. As of now, We don't have enough capability to face enemies on all 4 side.
Exactly..so what we need to tell them, in no uncertain terms, is to back off from whoring themselves completely to the chinese and instead be aware of geography. It's time to grow some balls..not to grovel in front of them, pleading for their support.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

LTTE and SL Army both were culprit but Indians of future generation will live to regret this vote against Sri Lanka, as our generation is regretting Nehru's screw up on Kashmir.

I know it was done because of coalition compulsions.

When it comes to foreign policy even democrats and republicans in usa shake hands but this is India.

Tell me will tamils in lanka get anything from this ? what will change on the ground ? what have we gained ?

Answer to above three question is nothing. :tsk:

Galaxy

Country flag
@karthic

What you saying is correct. I agree with most of your points. But we can't afford hostile nation at south. We already have enemy on 8,000 Km border from Gujarat to Arunchal.

Sinhalasa may be Anti-Indian but at least they are not doing anything negative for that we have to worry. And Pak+China waiting for Sl to join.

If SL will allow Chinese Army + Give an Airbase + a Naval Port. Then ???

Galaxy

Country flag
I know it was done because of coalition compulsions.

When it comes to foreign policy even democrats and republicans in usa shake hands but this is India.

Tell me will tamils in lanka get anything from this ? what will change on the ground ? what have we gained ?

Answer to above three question is nothing. :tsk:
Let me tell you. This MMS is spineless PM. Either you support or oppose. Government is confused. Now, expect within next 2 years a resolution will come up against India in UNHRC like 1994. Also, Hostile nation in South ? Interesting time ahead! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles