UN calls on India, Pakistan to join NPT, CTBT

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
States like Iran, N Korea, India & Pakistan should sign NPT/CTBT to make this world a better one.
India, Pak signing/not signing CTBT will not make any difference. US & WW2 powers will continue to bully other developing powers. World will be insecure in any ways.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We need to NOT sign the Condemnable test ban treaty just to keep our options open just like the US. the hypocrisy lies exposed in that the US itself didn't ratify it for so long and the mean while asked others to do so, also I am sure even if it did ratify, it would walk out of it if its national interests demanded it.

India didn't sign for so long and resisted NPT for 4 decades when it wasn't even very strong. Today its a different story. India can resist even more now.

Country flag
LF, I got confused when you say "we"?

Anyway I am with you American, the UN's call is a good one. States like Iran, N Korea, India & Pakistan should sign NPT/CTBT to make this world a better one.
I am speaking as an Indian. Let me ask you a simple question shotgunner if the countries you mentioned do sign the CTBT will they be accepted as nuclear weapon states?? why or why not?? I am sure these Nations want to be seen as responsible countries but the CTBT has created the division.

Agantrope

I am speaking as an Indian. Let me ask you a simple question shotgunner if the countries you mentioned do sign the CTBT will they be accepted as nuclear weapon states?? why or why not?? I am sure these Nations want to be seen as responsible countries but the CTBT has created the division.
lol!!! WWII victors only possess the nuclear weapons and others want to put their thumb in their mouth,

btw shotgunner, i see no israel in your reply any kinda of bias?

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
in 1998 we left work incomplete.it was well known that there will be sanctions imposed on india even if you do 1 test or 100 tests.i think NDA got weak-kneed and immediately announced success with NFU.

Agantrope

in 1998 we left work incomplete.it was well known that there will be sanctions imposed on india even if you do 1 test or 100 tests.i think NDA got weak-kneed and immediately announced success with NFU.
No, at that time they felt only 5 is enough. After 1 year or so only people released that we need to do more tests. Even before operation shakthi we have done a quite lot of simulations

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Guys what are the chances that pakistan is perfecting its fission and fusion design under the guise of north korean tests???This may seems CT but its possible.remember it was china which tested pakistani bomb in late 1980s or early 1990s and that was the sole reason PVNR decided to test in 1993 but buckled under usa pressure after CIA came to know of plan.

shotgunner

I am speaking as a Chinese, always.

I guess (only guess, cos I am just an ordinary civilian) they would be accepted. Why hide their heads in the sand?

20 years ago, mobile phones WERE symbols of wealth, now look around. Yes, nuclear weapons WERE symbols of national power, now?

shotgunner

lol!!! WWII victors only possess the nuclear weapons and others want to put their thumb in their mouth,

My bad, Isreal should DEFINITELY be included, for the sake of poor Palistinians and alike

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
LF, I got confused when you say "we"?

Anyway I am with you American, the UN's call is a good one. States like Iran, N Korea, India & Pakistan should sign NPT/CTBT to make this world a better one.
isn't that iran already signed NPT???im confused now????

Agantrope

Guys what are the chances that pakistan is perfecting its fission and fusion design under the guise of north korean tests???This may seems CT but its possible.remember it was china which tested pakistani bomb in late 1980s or early 1990s and that was the sole reason PVNR decided to test in 1993 but buckled under usa pressure after CIA came to know of plan.
Unkil knows this, but what can we do any other than opening the mouth and shouting?

Remember there is even a conspiracy theory that pak did the nuke test in chino in 1990.

Country flag

French and Chinese had their victory with help from USA.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Unkil knows this, but what can we do any other than opening the mouth and shouting?

Remember there is even a conspiracy theory that pak did the nuke test in chino in 1990.
Would not call that a conspiracy theory but a fact which even the west knows.

Country flag
I am speaking as a Chinese, always.

I guess (only guess, cos I am just an ordinary civilian) they would be accepted. Why hide their heads in the sand?

20 years ago, mobile phones WERE symbols of wealth, now look around. Yes, nuclear weapons WERE symbols of national power, now?
If nuclear weapons are not a symbol of power then countries would not be pressured to sign these treaties.

Reactions: nrj

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned

well china testing pakistani bomb in early 1990 is not CT...They actually did.otherwise how can pakistan was able to respond with in fortnight of shakti-2 tests and that too testing simultaneously 6 devices????

Country flag
Students return to China from US & USSR build the stuff.

How about Brits? They directly use US tridents
If you are saying it is a club of have and have nots I agree, all the countries you mentioned are part of the have club.

Country flag
well china testing pakistani bomb in early 1990 is not CT...They actually did.otherwise how can pakistan was able to respond with in fortnight of shakti-2 tests and that too testing simultaneously 6 devices????
Pakistan most likely did test remember they had to respond to our test in 1974-smiling Buddha.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
http://ptonline.aip.org/journals/doc/PHTOAD-ft/vol_61/iss_9/47_1.shtml?bypassSSO=1

In 1982 China's premier Deng Xiaoping began the transfer of nuclear weapons technology to Pakistan and, in time, to other third world countries. Those transfers included blueprints for the ultrasimple CHIC-4 design using highly enriched uranium, first tested by China in 1966.
A Pakistani derivative of CHIC-4 apparently was tested in China on 26 May 1990.
After four failed experiments, Chinese researchers fired a successful enhanced radiation weapon, a neutron bomb, on 19 December 1984.
The Chinese bid farewell to atmospheric nuclear testing on 16 October 1980 with a 700-kiloton airburst. It was the last such atmospheric test by any nuclear power. They continued to test underground until 29 July 1996.
During the 1990s China conducted underground hydronuclear experiments—though not full-scale device tests—for France at Lop Nur.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles