Ultimately, PFI and its connected organizations banned.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Centre bans PFI and its associates for 5 years after week of nationwide raids
With this, the PFI has been added to the list of 42 banned terrorist organisations under Section 35 of the UAPA.

ADVERTISEMENT

By: Express Web DeskNew Delhi | Updated: September 28, 2022 7:37:02

Security personnel speak with Popular Front of India (PFI) workers protesting against the raid of NIA at the PFI office, in Chennai (PTI photo)
The Central Government on Tuesday banned the Popular Front of India (PFI), declaring the outfit and all its associates, affiliates and fronts as illegal for a period of five years under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act is (UAPA). With this, the PFI has been added to the list of 42 banned terrorist organisations under Section 35 of the UAPA.
Also Read |Who are the PFI, and why are premises linked to them being searched by the NIA?
As per the notification released by the Ministry of Home Affairs on Tuesday, PFI’s associate organisations — Rehab India Foundation (RIF), Campus Front of India (CFI), All India Imams Council (AIIC), National Confederation of Human Rights Organization (NCHRO), National Women’s Front, Junior Front, Empower India Foundation and Rehab Foundation, Kerala — have also been banned.

Centre bans PFI and its associates for 5 years after week of nationwide raids
With this, the PFI has been added to the list of 42 banned terrorist organisations under Section 35 of the UAPA.

ADVERTISEMENT

By: Express Web DeskNew Delhi | Updated: September 28, 2022 7:37:02 am
Newsguard

Security personnel speak with Popular Front of India (PFI) workers protesting against the raid of NIA at the PFI office, in Chennai (PTI photo)
The Central Government on Tuesday banned the Popular Front of India (PFI), declaring the outfit and all its associates, affiliates and fronts as illegal for a period of five years under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act is (UAPA). With this, the PFI has been added to the list of 42 banned terrorist organisations under Section 35 of the UAPA.
Also Read |Who are the PFI, and why are premises linked to them being searched by the NIA?
As per the notification released by the Ministry of Home Affairs on Tuesday, PFI’s associate organisations — Rehab India Foundation (RIF), Campus Front of India (CFI), All India Imams Council (AIIC), National Confederation of Human Rights Organization (NCHRO), National Women’s Front, Junior Front, Empower India Foundation and Rehab Foundation, Kerala — have also been banned
ADVERTISEMENT

This comes a day after over 270 people linked to the PFI were detained or arrested in a series of raids across seven states. The police in Karnataka were at the forefront of the operations, detaining “as a precautionary measure” more than 80 members of the PFI and its political wing, Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI), in the state. The action was taken over inputs of possible disturbance to public order, officers said. Raids were also carried out in Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Assam, Madhya Pradesh and UP.

Last Thursday, a multi-agency nationwide operation in 15 states spearheaded by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and law enforcement agencies had led to the arrest of over 100 PFI workers, including the outfit’s chairman O M A Salam.

Last edited:

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
What will happen to members of PFI? Will they be hunted down? If we don't hunt them down they will come up with the new Syndicate.We should not commit same mistake which we did with SIMI.
They will come up with a new name.and also SDPI is not banned they will migrate to there

EarthCitizen

Country flag
One of my Muslim neighbour is supporting PFI by trending this tag on twitter #StandWithPFI .. is it legal to file a police complaint against him because he is supporting banned terrorist organization now ?? will that police complaint going to be consider as valid police complaint as per current law? can anyone tell me ..

And what sections can be applied on that person?

Bharatiya

Country flag
Why only 5 years?

And Are the SM accounts of PFI going to be banned?

So far, Youtube and Twitter didn't even bother taking down Anti-India content until they're poked in the eye by GOI.

This is why we need indigenous platforms. These PFI MFs should all get a bulldozer and a life sentence. Actually, keeping them alive is a waste of taxpayer's money.

It'd be great if our laws were strict and gave them a death sentence. Only an iron fist can keep traitors in place.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Why only 5 years?

And Are the SM accounts of PFI going to be banned?

So far, Youtube and Twitter didn't even bother taking down Anti-India content until they're poked in the eye by GOI.

This is why we need indigenous platforms. These PFI MFs should all get a bulldozer and a life sentence. Actually, keeping them alive is a waste of taxpayer's money.

It'd be great if our laws were strict and gave them a death sentence. Only an iron fist can keep traitors in place.
As far as I know you can only ban for 5 years and then you have to extend the ban I might be wrong

Brood Father

Country flag
One of my Muslim neighbour is supporting PFI by trending this tag on twitter #StandWithPFI .. is it legal to file a police complaint against him because he is supporting banned terrorist organization now ?? will that police complaint going to be consider as valid police complaint as per current law? can anyone tell me ..

Yes you can . Probably he will get away but if you are in UP or Gujrat chances are he will spend his time in jail ..

Cheepek

No, supporting a banned org is a grey area.

Blademaster

Go ahead and file a complaint against him. This menace needs to be stopped at all costs.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Al Jazeera is having a breakdown
The entire ecosystem is already changing names to Intifada Online. Some Indian Twitter members took screenshots of PFI's Facebook pages and published them around. Intifada is a terrorist movement in Gaza and West Bank against the Israeli government.

Looks like they are gearing up for a full-blown civil war-like scenario. Rational folks among us better get prepared for this.

Waanar

Country flag
The entire ecosystem is already changing names to Intifada Online. Some Indian Twitter members took screenshots of PFI's Facebook pages and published them around. Intifada is a terrorist movement in Gaza and West Bank against the Israeli government.

Looks like they are gearing up for a full-blown civil war-like scenario. Rational folks among us better get prepared for this.
The state holds the monopoly over violence. If PFI wants to go full blown spastic, there are more than a few patriots willing to punch their bum in.

And if that fire starts here, it will spread.

I hold this as an absolute win.
PFI follows the apparatus of allegiance to emir (Bayt? Beyt? I don't recall the correct spelling.) and the raids have probably gotten all the experienced emirs jailed.

These are the people who know what happens when Karsevaks start getting the itch.
Now, with the new, hot blood rising in ranks to fill the vacuum, you can expect more than a few mishaps on their part.
Random, stupid attacks which serve no long term purpose and allows further scrutiny and comprehensive dismantling of their organisation to not only continue but speed up and prioritised.

Swesh

There is a 2nd wave of raids on PFI supporters which happened in various parts of South India, with special focus on Kerala. In Kerala, this time around the local police was informed of the raid and their men power was requested. Few birds flew from the nest before the raids began, but a common feeling is that NIA this time involved K.P to really understand the Jehadi cadre presence within its ranks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles