Ukraine preparing agreements on military and technical cooperation with India

youngindian

Country flag

Kyiv is ready to develop military and technical cooperation with Delhi and is preparing an intergovernmental agreement on defense cooperation with India.

The agreement is likely to be signed soon, a source in the government told Interfax-Ukraine.

A similar agreement will be signed soon with Peru, the source said.

According to unofficial estimates, in 2008 the value of exports of military goods and services from Ukraine was the same as in 2007 - at least $1 billion. Ukraine currently cooperates with over 30 countries on the global arms market.

Southeast Asia remains the key market for Ukrainian arms exporters.

The value of the contracts signed since early 2009 for the supply of goods and services in Ukraine's military-industrial sector is estimated at around $750 million.

Ukraine preparing agreements on military and technical cooperation with India, Peru

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
Dont know how this deal with Ukraine would affect our relation with Russia........any views?

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Well, Pakistan buys T-80U tanks from Ukraine.

@LF
They can offer SAMs and tank equipment, AFAIK. (Not much, IMO). This will not go down well with Russia.

Country flag
SAM'S we are getting from Israel and France, and tanks from Russia, I still don't see any advantage to this even if Pakistan buys from ukraine??

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
SAM'S we are getting from Israel and France, and tanks from Russia, I still don't see any advantage to this even if Pakistan buys from ukraine??
Exactly LF, I don't see the point of this thing. Why irritate the big fish by fraternizing with the small fry?

Russia in particular doesn't like Ukraine at all.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles