"UK is a Christian country"-David Cameron

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It may surprise you to learn that I disagree with Gandhi on multiple points.
You don't have to agree with him 100% on all his teachings but I think his philosophies are worth taking note of. In my case, some of his ideas that I agree with:
An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
We must become the change we want to see in the world.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We are still a poor country; our geopolitical clout compared to the West is very small. We cannot do much now, but in the future this will change.

If your opinions represent that change then I'm not too optimistic about the future...

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
The fact is that Gandhi was very naive in his views.

I like the approach of Emperors Ashoka and Akbar. Preach universal harmony, tolerance and peace while simultaneously fielding a massive army to make others respect your presence.

A person who appears weak will only invite trouble.

balai_c

Famine in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine_in_India#cite_note-FOOTNOTECurreyHugo198475-31[/SUP]
Florence Nightingale pointed out that the famines in British India were not caused by the lack of food in a particular geographical area. They were instead caused by inadequate transportation of food, which in turn was caused due to an absence of a political and social structure.[SUP][37][/SUP]
Nightingale identified two types of famine: a grain famine and a "money famine". Money was drained from the peasant to the landlord, making it impossible for the peasant to procure food. Money which should have been made available to the producers of food via public works projects and jobs was instead diverted to other uses.[SUP][37][/SUP] Nightingale pointed out that money needed to combat famine was being diverted towards activities like paying for the British military effort in Afghanistan in 1878–80.[SUP][37][/SUP]
Amartya Sen implies that the famines in the British era were due to a lack of a serious effort on the part of the British government to prevent famines. He links the lack of this serious effort to the absence of democracy in British India.[SUP][fn 5][/SUP] The father of India's green revolution M. S. Swaminathan credits the elimination of famines to Indian independence from the Britain despite the trebling of population.[SUP][fn 6][/SUP]
The late eighteenth and nineteenth centuries saw the worst famines.[SUP][fn 3][/SUP] These famines in British India were bad enough to have a remarkable impact on the long term population growth of the country, especially in the half century between 1871-1921.[SUP][22][/SUP] The first, the Bengal famine of 1770, is estimated to have taken the lives of nearly one-third of the population of the region—about 10 million people.[SUP][23][/SUP] The impact of the famine caused East India Company revenues from Bengal to decline to £174,300 in 1770–71. The stock price of the East India Company fell sharply as a result. The company was forced to obtain a loan of £1 million from the Bank of England to fund the annual military budget of between £60,000–1 million.[SUP][24][/SUP] Attempts were later made to show that net revenue was unaffected by the famine, but this was possible only because the collection had been "violently kept up to its former standard".[SUP][25][/SUP][SUP][fn 4][/SUP] The 1901 Famine Commission found that twelve famines and four "severe scarcities" took place between 1765 and 1858.[SUP][27][/SUP]
Researcher Brian Murton states that the famines recorded after the arrival of the English, but before the establishment of the Indian Famine Codes of the 1880s, bear a cultural bias regarding the stated causes of the famine because they "reflect the view of a handful of Englishmen."[SUP][28][/SUP] These sources, however, contain accurate recordings of weather and crop conditions. Florence Nightingale made efforts to educate British citizens about India's famines through a series of publications in the 1870s and beyond.[SUP][29][/SUP] Evidence suggests that there may have been large famines in south India every forty years in pre-colonial India, and that the frequency might have been higher after the 12th century. These famines still did not approach the incidence of famines of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries under British rule.[SUP][28][/SUP]

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
But the most sad truth is that we are still blaming Brits but not doing anything constructive to repair the damages done by them!
One of my favorite quotes is from a Brit named Edmund Burke

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

trackwhack

Britain's national debt rose from 490% last year to 507% this year. Yeah, sure they are gonna get out of this hole. Todays Daily chart on the Economist is nice.

Daily chart: The debtors' merry-go-round | The Economist

Overall National Debt as a percentage of GDP

1. Japan : 512% (But most of their debt is internal and they have more than a trillion in US Treasury)
2. Britan : 507% :lol::rofl: They have absolutely nothing to offset it.
3. Spain : 363%
4. France : 346%
5. Italy : 314%
6. South Korea : 314% (Big stack of US Treasuries)
7. Switzerland : 314% (Big stack of black money)
8. United States : 280%
9. Germany: 278%
10. Canada : 276%
11. China : 184%
12. Brazil : 148%
13. India : 122%
14. Russia : 72%

Now was it not around 20 years back that the Russian economy was in tatters? Hmm ... It will soon be a case of 'What goes around comes around' for the west.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
And I met a woman from Ukraine who claimed that ALL Indians succeed because the British had colonised india and given us "English"!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
all said and done, Britain is Christian.

mki

I dont care about others. If they are being tramped on then so be it, if they are enjoying there lives then so be it.

I only care about India and Indian citizens.
Let me inform you my friend, It is beneficial for NRI and india that UK is Christian country and secular as other west countries, If shiria law imposed anywhere in the Europ, then India and Indian will become kafir there, same as in porki-land.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
UK is a Christian country"-David Cameron
:hmm: Schoolboys punished with detention for refusing to kneel down and pray to Allah | Mail Online

Two schoolboys were given detention after refusing to kneel down and 'pray to Allah' during a religious education lesson.
Parents were outraged that the two boys from year seven (11 to 12-year-olds) were punished for not wanting to take part in the practical demonstration of how Allah is worshiped...

... One parent, Sharon Luinen, said: "This isn't right, it's taking things too far.

"I understand that they have to learn about other religions. I can live with that but it is taking it a step too far to be punished because they wouldn't join in Muslim prayer.

"Making them pray to Allah, who isn't who they worship, is wrong and what got me is that they were told they were being disrespectful.

"I don't want this to look as if I have a problem with the school because I am generally very happy with it."

Another parent Karen Williams said: "I am absolutely furious my daughter was made to take part in it and I don't find it acceptable.

"I haven't got a problem with them teaching my child other religions and a small amount of information doesn't do any harm."
But not only did they have to pray, the teacher had gone into the class and made them watch a short film and then said 'we are now going out to pray to Allah".

"Then two boys got detention and all the other children missed their refreshment break because of the teacher.
"Not only was it forced upon them, my daughter was told off for not doing it right.
"They'd never done it before and they were supposed to do it in another language."

"My child has been forced to pray to Allah in a school lesson." The grandfather of one of the pupils in the class said: "It's absolutely disgusting, there's no other way of putting it.

"My daughter and a lot of other mothers are furious about their children being made to kneel on the floor and pray to Islam. If they didn't do it they were given detention.

"I am not racist, I've been friendly with an Indian for 30 years. I've also been to a Muslim wedding where it was explained to me that alcohol would not be served and I respected that.
"But if Muslims were asked to go to church on Sunday and take Holy Communion there would be war."

Parents said that their children were made to bend down on their knees on prayer mats which the RE teacher had got out of her cupboard and they were also told to wear Islamic headgear during the lesson on Tuesday afternoon.

Deputy headmaster Keith Plant said: "It's difficult to know at the moment whether this was part of the curriculum or not. I am not an RE teacher, I am an English teacher.

"At the moment it is our enterprise week and many of our members of staff are away.

"The particular member of staff you need to speak to isn't around. I think that it is a shame that so many parents have got in touch with the Press before coming to me.

"I have spoken to the teacher and she has articulately given me her version of events, but that is all I can give you at the moment."

ani82v

Country flag
In a RE class, if they make them pay to Allah like a real one would, I wonder what do they make them do during sex education class!

:hmm: Schoolboys punished with detention for refusing to kneel down and pray to Allah | Mail Online

Two schoolboys were given detention after refusing to kneel down and 'pray to Allah' during a religious education lesson.
Parents were outraged that the two boys from year seven (11 to 12-year-olds) were punished for not wanting to take part in the practical demonstration of how Allah is worshiped...

... One parent, Sharon Luinen, said: "This isn't right, it's taking things too far.

"I understand that they have to learn about other religions. I can live with that but it is taking it a step too far to be punished because they wouldn't join in Muslim prayer.

"Making them pray to Allah, who isn't who they worship, is wrong and what got me is that they were told they were being disrespectful.

"I don't want this to look as if I have a problem with the school because I am generally very happy with it."

Another parent Karen Williams said: "I am absolutely furious my daughter was made to take part in it and I don't find it acceptable.

"I haven't got a problem with them teaching my child other religions and a small amount of information doesn't do any harm."
But not only did they have to pray, the teacher had gone into the class and made them watch a short film and then said 'we are now going out to pray to Allah".

"Then two boys got detention and all the other children missed their refreshment break because of the teacher.
"Not only was it forced upon them, my daughter was told off for not doing it right.
"They'd never done it before and they were supposed to do it in another language."

"My child has been forced to pray to Allah in a school lesson." The grandfather of one of the pupils in the class said: "It's absolutely disgusting, there's no other way of putting it.

"My daughter and a lot of other mothers are furious about their children being made to kneel on the floor and pray to Islam. If they didn't do it they were given detention.

"I am not racist, I've been friendly with an Indian for 30 years. I've also been to a Muslim wedding where it was explained to me that alcohol would not be served and I respected that.
"But if Muslims were asked to go to church on Sunday and take Holy Communion there would be war."

Parents said that their children were made to bend down on their knees on prayer mats which the RE teacher had got out of her cupboard and they were also told to wear Islamic headgear during the lesson on Tuesday afternoon.

Deputy headmaster Keith Plant said: "It's difficult to know at the moment whether this was part of the curriculum or not. I am not an RE teacher, I am an English teacher.

"At the moment it is our enterprise week and many of our members of staff are away.

"The particular member of staff you need to speak to isn't around. I think that it is a shame that so many parents have got in touch with the Press before coming to me.

"I have spoken to the teacher and she has articulately given me her version of events, but that is all I can give you at the moment."

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
In a RE class, if they make them pay to Allah like a real one would, I wonder what do they make them do during sex education class!
:dude: .. no idea. But I know you want to make me puke :puke:

Tolaha

Whether or not you want to hate Germans and Russians based on history is up to you. I have seen plenty of Poles getting into fiery arguments with Russians on various online fora; they are quite entertaining to watch actually.
I think we had one Polish gentleman on the tank thread claiming that he did not believe in the figures mentioned in articles written by Germans because........... they were German! :shocked: :whistle:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think we had one Polish gentleman on the tank thread claiming that he did not believe in the figures mentioned in articles written by Germans because........... they were German! :shocked: :whistle:
In a way poland is the afghanistan of europe.

Blackwater

UK is a Christian country"-David Cameron

not after 50 yrs. the way pakis are growing it will be called islamic republic of engladistan:taunt1::taunt1:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles