"UK is a Christian country"-David Cameron

balai_c

Concentration camps, gas chambers, etc. (you get the idea)? I must say it's an inter-galactic comparison. The deaths during the British Empire mostly are not directly upon the order of the British colonial masters? You have your land lords, royalties, local masters to blame for that too...
Yes there indeed were native collaborators,but in-spite of that the death toll is unrivaled by any other phase of Indian history,perhaps the world. Then why did famine induced death stop the moment Brits left India?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
However, British Imperialism has had more casualties than Nazism. The latter stands out because too much happened in a short time while British engineered genocides happened over centuries.

I don't know your motivation for this line of reason my friend, I hope not because you approved too early one of the much earlier post, but you cannot compare the sheer inhumanity and barbarity of the Nazis towards their victims... No sir, there's no comparison.

trackwhack

It would be very kind of you if you stopped your nonsense, false accusations, attributing made up stories as being said by me and your damnation. If you are such a great patriot or are just experiencing a juvenile adrenaline rush, go and join the army. You are not contributing anything with your imbecilic comments.
Yeah, sure, resort to low blows now. Whatever makes you happy my friend. I've asked you no less than half a dozen times to explain that statement. You could not. Its not so bad to admit that you elicited a thought incorrectly. Instead you are now trying to defend it and stooping lower still doing so with personal jibes.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Concentration camps, gas chambers, etc. (you get the idea)? I must say it's an inter-galactic comparison. The deaths during the British Empire mostly are not directly upon the order of the British colonial masters? You have your land lords, royalties, local masters to blame for that too...

I'm sorry, are you implying that dying in gas chambers is somehow more gruesome than dying of hunger?

Google Jallianwalla Bagh.

Funny you mention Concentration Camps, guess who invented them in south africa.

but you cannot compare the sheer inhumanity and barbarity of the Nazis towards their victims... No sir, there's no comparison.

The post of mine that you quoted explicitly mentioned "sheer number of people". Also, I fail to see how you quantify the cruelty of the methods used by the Nazis and the Britishers.

Last edited:

pmaitra

I don't know your motivation for this line of reason my friend, I hope not because you approved too early one of the much earlier post, but you cannot compare the sheer inhumanity and barbarity of the Nazis towards their victims... No sir, there's no comparison.
Statistical motivation. I will find the thread and post a link so that you know.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Very "civilized" view... It's pure chauvinism. IMHO You bring shame on Your own nation with such views... even I'am shamed, to be representative of the same species, even my dogs are more civilized than You...

Disgusting.

And You know what, I do not even have negative emotions towards You, I feel only pity, because You are just the same thing, that You swore to not be and from Your posts it seems You would fight against people with similiar views... seems that life have strange sense of humor.
I am ashamed to share this planet with idiots, but I manage anyway.

I don't view Britishers any different than I view Nazis, Stalinists, Wahhabis, and all other people who generally made it their job to inflict as much misery as they could in the name of self-righteousness. In fact the scale of British crimes against humanity would put them in a separate category from the above-mentioned groups. I am sure no one would have any problem with saying that Nazis or Stalinists are scum, so I wonder what makes it so offensive to apply the same label to the British, whose expertise at genocide and exploitation are unmatched by any other nation in history?

balai_c

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes there indeed were native collaborators,but in-spite of that the death toll is unrivaled by any other phase of Indian history,perhaps the world. Then why did famine induced death stop the moment Brits left India?

India experienced famine in 1965 although the deaths were much lower than previous ones.

HeinzGud

Country flag
India experienced famine in 1965 although the deaths were much lower than previous ones.
As far as I'm concerned the great feminine was during the WW2 and I don't think Brits should be blamed for not doing enough I think we all know the reason......

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
You better believe him. They (Europeans) have been in your path of hate against each other
Cute. But the difference is, they made the world suffer for their hate. We paid the price for their wars. Indians were the largest volunteer army during the second world war yet it was the British who defeated the axis powers.

so long that they realised for some time now that that is the foolish path.
Oh so now they realize their mistakes, say oops my bad and want the rest of the world to move on? Forget it.

Even the dear leader Gandhi will tell you the same thing
When asked about Western Civilization, Dear Leader Gandhi replied "It would be a good idea", I agree.

balai_c

The figures were low because India was a free county ,and measures were taken to prevent death ,something that did not happen in the great famine of 1878 or the famine of 1946. It was political independence that enabled our elected leaders to take such steps.

pmaitra

The figures were low because India was a free county ,and measures were taken to prevent death ,something that did not happen in the great famine of 1878 or the famine of 1946. It was political independence that enabled our elected leaders to take such steps.
FCI was setup in 1964-65. Did it not help to some extent?

If at all, I am not sure how effective it was since it was just setup before the famine.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
You don't have to think of yourself as "superior" to other nationals to be a blind nationalist. Just by believing other nationals are scum (which impliedly means that your nationals are better as they are not "scum") of the earth then I think that's blind nationalism, xenophobic really. But bottomline is that it is hardly intelligent. On the contrary it is based on hate and racism. You may have your reasons to hate the Brits and blame them for Indian problems but I think you're not looking at the whole picture. It always takes 2 to tanggo. Just ask yourself why a people of several millions/billions were controlled by several thousands for so long.....?
I despise the British because they are criminals; it is that simple. It doesn't just have to do with being a citizen of India, although that makes it more personal; it has to do with being a citizen of the world. I despise the British for what they did to all the indigenous cultures of the world, from North America to Africa to Australia. No other people in the history of the human race has had such a devastating impact on the world. Given such a context, forgive me if it is difficult to have a positive opinion of the British.

As for the last part, I suggest you go read a history book.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I despise the British because they are criminals; it is that simple. It doesn't just have to do with being a citizen of India, although that makes it more personal; it has to do with being a citizen of the world. I despise the British for what they did to all the indigenous cultures of the world, from North America to Africa to Australia. No other people in the history of the human race has had such a devastating impact on the world. Given such a context, forgive me if it is difficult to have a positive opinion of the British.

There's so much hate in your heart my friend... Here:

� Mahatma Gandhi's 5 Teachings To Bring About World Peace :zenhabits

P
.s. Nos. 4 & 5 are very relevant for me.

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag

But the most sad truth is that we are still blaming Brits but not doing anything constructive to repair the damages done by them!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
But the most sad truth is that we are still blaming Brits but not doing anything constructive to repair the damages done by them!
We are still a poor country; our geopolitical clout compared to the West is very small. We cannot do much now, but in the future this will change.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles