"UK is a Christian country"-David Cameron

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
As if anyone ever doubted that.

Galaxy

Country flag
Thats absurd.

You have not understood my point of view. You think im supporting pakis in uk ? :pound:

I dont care what happens to uk...if they fine then so be it and if they are not then so be it. I will not go out of my way and start praying to god for there well being. why ? because they are not Indian citizens and i dont care about them.

Infact i wish nick griffin becomes pm and bnp comes to power. Now tell me how i am supporting pakis ? :D
Of course, You are not supporting those Paki. But you are not understanding real big picture in future.

It doesn't matter to me what English people will face what really matter is 2-3 Million Indians living there should be protected and that can only happen when U.K. is a Christian country. supporting David is based on Indian perspective.

I can't live under Paki dominance or Muslim brotherhood. Can you ??

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Of course, You are not supporting those Paki. But you are not understanding real big picture in future.

It doesn't matter to me what English people will face what really matter is 2-3 Million Indians living there should be protected and that can only happen when U.K. is a Christian country. supporting David is based on Indian perspective.

I can't live under Paki dominance or Muslim brotherhood. Can you ??
paki dominance is an oxymoron because future of pakis themselves is bleak and muslim brotherhood is practical only in the minds of extremists and fanboys.

I only care about Indian citizens and if they are being harmed then India must do everything in its power to safe its interests even if it includes troops on the ground. In the end it is simple formula...if A weakens then B rises. Do we have the balls to rise ?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Imagine an Indian Prime Minister saying something on these lines. :rolleyes:

Yet we get the moral lectures about secularism
It is because we are apologists. We even hesitate to say that we are a Dharmic country even though all branches of Dharmic paths took birth in our country. The West or for that matter anyone else, is much more direct. This is one thing, we must learn.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Muslims in UK are not idiots. The will find their ways in Christian/ western countries. Only causality will be Hindus who can not fight things out and who are scared for sake of pretending so called civilized. Just read a news article that Russian court may ban Shri Bhagwat Gita. The water flows downhill, Hindus will submit to their way of life and religion to earn brownie points or may flea the area, this is what Hindus have been doing since ages.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
The water flows downhill, Hindus will submit to their way of life and religion to earn brownie points or may flea the area, this is what Hindus have been doing since ages.
Incorrect. If it were the case there wouldn't be any Hindu left. Hindus are perhaps the most resilient of communities to have survived 700 years of genocide and massacre and still cling on to their faith, any nation which would have faced half the atrocities that Hindus did during the Mughal period would have succumbed sooner or later, the fact that the Hindus didn't is a testimony to their resilience.

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Contemporary Muslims and other religions at distraction with Hindus today in India were not dropped from outer space. I hope you will get the point.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Can someone define what are the core Hindu values ?

amitkriit

Incorrect. If it were the case there won't be any Hindu left. Hindus are perhaps the most resilient of communities to have survived 700 years of genocide and massacre and still cling on to their faith, any nation which would have faced half the atrocities that Hindus did during the Mughal period would have succumbed sooner or later, the fact that the Hindus didn't is a testimony to their resilience.
Had Hindus been so resilient, we could have spoken their mind, we could have been in a much better situation. Hindu community is infested with caste system, infighting and socio-cultural malpractices. It was our sheer luck that we have survived for so long. Don't forget Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan which were once Hindu and Buddhists are now extremely dangerous places for these two communities. North Eastern region of India is the breeding ground Evangelist missions assisted by the Christian Nations. Government of India doesn't have the guts to deport more than 10 million Bangladeshi living illegally in India.

amitkriit

Can someone define what are the core Hindu values ?
"Absolute Monotheism" where everything is one and the same where everything is created, preserved and dissolved within the Indivisible Brahman(the absolute), the Brahman(Absolute) contains the physical, causal and subtle vesture of this existence.

This is the basic difference from the "Creationist Theology" of Abrahamic Religions.

Nagraj

yeah it's more cultural thing then religious thing.
funny thing is idiots will use this stament as an excuse to push for religious states in their respective nation.
His comments is really more of a cultural issue as opposed to religious. The "Christian" thing in Europe is about European identity before the current influx of Asian and African immigrants who are asserting their cultural identities (as opposed to assimilation). Europe or UK for that matter is no longer a homogeneous society. There's a huge dilemma now in their society, on one hand they are so protective and proud of their freedoms (religion, etc.), yet they are equally proud of their cultural heritage. Which is which now?

Although you're right about the political right. That's the Tory base.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Had Hindus been so resilient, we could have spoken their mind, we could have been in a much better situation. Hindu community is infested with caste system, infighting and socio-cultural malpractices. It was our sheer luck that we have survived for so long. Don't forget Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan which were once Hindu and Buddhists are now extremely dangerous places for these two communities. North Eastern region of India is the breeding ground Evangelist missions assisted by the Christian Nations. Government of India doesn't have the guts to deport more than 10 million Bangladeshi living illegally in India.
That maybe because the Hindus don't have a unified representative body, the nature of the religion itself could be a reason for this, Hinduism being non dogmatic. But true, Pakistan and Bangladesh are grim reminders of our weaknesses(past and present).But the fact that we have survived should not be understated. Furthermore, the problems of proselytization and Bangladeshi immigration are more political in nature than religious. Personally, I'd like to see more organization in Hinduism(not as much as the Abrahamic ones though) but caste has now transcended religion and entered the political domain, it would be the biggest factor holding us back.

Last edited:
Country flag
Once, U.K. will become Muslim majority or will have 20%-25% population led by Flag bearer Pakistanis. Then, All Hindus would be executed or will be forced to leave country or convert into Islam. They did in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

P.S.: Muslims of Pakistan have highest share of Muslim population in U.K. and not to forget they are most radical and extremist in nature.

Opposing David POV means supporting Pakistani radical Islamist and destruction of our own people.

Not to forget, Once Muslim population will become 20%-25%, They will form a Islamic Political party, Demand of Sharia and blasphemy law. What will happen to 2-3 Millions Indian who are living with complete peace of Mind and freedom and sending Bn $ as remittance today??. Also, U.K. is supporting India as it's Christian country. Once, They will have huge no. of Sunni Muslims, They might support Pakistan like what KSA is doing due to Muslims high % or/and Muslim brotherhood.
They are already demanding these things at 5% officially (10% unofficially)

Country flag
The threat (paranoia?)to christianity must have increased even Obama the President of USA always has to prove he is a christian and an American citizen.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
"Absolute Monotheism" where everything is one and the same where everything is created, preserved and dissolved within the Indivisible Brahman(the absolute), the Brahman(Absolute) contains the physical, causal and subtle vesture of this existence.

This is the basic difference from the "Creationist Theology" of Abrahamic Religions.
What about the duality and dual nature if existence?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
It was our sheer luck that we have survived for so long.
Has nothing to do with luck.

If Hinduism survived for so long it is because the nature of Hinduism was to adapt to various situations. This was possible because Hinduism is not "set-in-stone" or dogmatic like the Abrahamic faiths. As early as the 15th century (just a couple centuries after Muslims first became politically dominant in North India) there was extensive social and political intermingling and creative tension between religious communities. Islam in India was never a single, monolithic force.

Nagraj

Lol how much of the hinduism did survive why not take a look a real situation.
Hinduism spread from afganistan to malashia indonashia.
how much land mass is hindu now??
and before you rant off some reply i am an hindu atheist.
Has nothing to do with luck.

If Hinduism survived for so long it is because the nature of Hinduism was to adapt to various situations. This was possible because Hinduism is not "set-in-stone" or dogmatic like the Abrahamic faiths. As early as the 15th century (just a couple centuries after Muslims first became politically dominant in North India) there was extensive social and political intermingling and creative tension between religious communities. Islam in India was never a single, monolithic force.

Naren1987

Christianity is still Christianity, but at least it's not Islam or for that matter, Hinduism.
Hey, look at the dirty cesspool we have in India, extremely community centric vote for leaders irregardless of their comepetence, it's the same with Christians too, GWBuch, for example?
But he was still better than, oh God, Digvijay Singh and Lalu Prasad Yadav, the Brits have finally grown a pair like we SHOULD have a long time ago.
And there's NOTHING wrong with growing a pair.

Country flag
Why don't you include Buddhism as a branch of Hinduism to get a better picture of the survival of Hinduism.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Unlike other religions Hinduism does not measure its success by how much land mass is under its control or how many people follow its faith. If you look at Indonesians today you will see that they have more Sanskritized names than Indians themselves, yet they are Muslims. There is plenty of Indian cultural influence in SE Asia, not just in names but also in their way of life.

With that being said, I think Hinduism as a religion has failed, but my reasons for thinking that have nothing to do with the fact Hinduism commands a smaller geographic area today than it did 1,000 years ago.

And before you rant off some reply I am an real atheist. :namaste:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles