UK Defense Chief Says F-35 Vital To Counter China Stealth Threat

smartindian

Country flag
this statement are given to get more funds for new or existing project. western country are just hyping the capability of chinese j-20 get more fund for there projects.

AK471993

IMO, F35 can hardly have chance to beat J20.

Even before J20 was unveiled ,Chinese defence experts openly mocked on one CCTV interview that" F35 is a white elephant".

the only choice left for Yankees is to restart the assembling-line of F22,if they want to keep their air superiorty after 2020..

And many CHinese expert openly said recently in CCTV intervews that "Hardly can many toys of F22 be upgraded because the design of F22 internal structure got frozen too early"
They have said many other things too bro...

Last edited by a moderator:

AK471993

I find it funny they give M2000 a B and F-16D an A when it was M2000 that shot F-16D over the Aegean.
Exactly,media reports aren't accurate.We should wait until J-20 is fully operational.May be it will get scrapped like YF-23,Mig 1.44 etc or it will enter service.

Who knows the future?We shall wait and see.

neo29

@ Badguy

There are tons of articles about J-20 and its drawbacks all over the net. Same for other 5th gen fighters. We do not know the full capabilities of all the 5th gen fighters made so comparison is difficult. Even today comparison of 4th and 4.5th gen fighters are debated greatly.

Though officially no figures have come out, it seems J-20 is more lengthier that its other counterparts. Most analyst have dubbed it a stealth bomber than a stealth figher.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
May be yes ,may be no.It is just a guess bro
I am not a Chinese military professional to say that :D
Well lets examine what we DO know.

A) Still buying Russian radars
B) Outfiitted with Saturn AL-31 in addition to WS-10
C) No AESA
D) No supercruise
E) too large for a fighter
F) too much surface area in all aspects reducing LO characteristics
G) No weapon bays

From all this, it is pretty easy to deduce it to only be a tech demonstrator.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

C) No AESA
D) No supercruise
G) No weapon bays

H) Huge canards in stealth fighter

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So, the Chinese are spooking the West.

Quite a change from the old times, when the West spooked all.

It also means new alignments, strong and loose, to spook China, what?

AK471993

C) No AESA
D) No supercruise
G) No weapon bays

B) China is working on WS-15 engine,it is still under testing.China wants thrust of 190KN in WS-15.Which is far great than the thrust of F-22's engine,F-119.It have thrust of 156 with afterburner.

C) China is working on it,J-10B will have AESA radar according to various sources.

E) As i said earlier,it would be a heavy stealth fighter-bomber which can carry heavy payload and fuel.

G) J-20 does have internal weapons bay,take a look at this flight still pic

http://img602.imageshack.us/i/1294747445431.jpg/

With those canards,J-20 looks like a evolved form of J-10

I 100% Agreed with you on all other facts bro...
Anyway, only time will tell ;)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
B) China is working on WS-15 engine,it is still under testing.China wants thrust of 190KN in WS-15.Which is far great than the thrust of F-22's engine,F-119.It have thrust of 156 with afterburner.
Who cares about China's next fantasy project? They can't even fix the 74kN engine they have now.

C) China is working on it,J-10B will have AESA radar according to various sources.
Rather hard when they are still buying PESA radars from Russia for J-10. How do you figure they can skip two steps and make an AESA when they can't even make a proper PESA MMR?

E) As i said earlier,it would be a heavy stealth fighter-bomber which can carry heavy payload and fuel.
To be a stealth fighter requires three things, A) stealth B) LPI radar and C) the ability to knife fight with the previous generation at the LEAST. A) is a not really, B) is a no and C) is another not really.

G) J-20 does have internal weapons bay,take a look at this flight still pic

http://img602.imageshack.us/i/1294747445431.jpg/
I already pointed out the pic where the supposed line of the bay merged into the landing gear housing showing it not to be a bay but a conformal body line.

With those canards,J-20 looks like a evolved form of J-10
With those HUGE canards it looks like a devolved J-10. Big canards means more surface area in the frontal and even horizontal aspects, also causes more drag slowing it down at Mach speeds. The reason they had to make them so big was because of the poor handling of that design. All the import fuselage characteristics that give a fighter more aerodynamics are covered up.

I 100% Agreed with you on all other facts bro...
Good, hopefully you will come around to the rest of the facts.

Anyway, only time will tell ;)
I have the time to bring you to realisation. :)

AK471993

Who cares about China's next fantasy project? They can't even fix the 74kN engine they have now.

Rather hard when they are still buying PESA radars from Russia for J-10. How do you figure they can skip two steps and make an AESA when they can't even make a proper PESA MMR?

To be a stealth fighter requires three things, A) stealth B) LPI radar and C) the ability to knife fight with the previous generation at the LEAST. A) is a not really, B) is a no and C) is another not really.

I already pointed out the pic where the supposed line of the bay merged into the landing gear housing showing it not to be a bay but a conformal body line.

With those HUGE canards it looks like a devolved J-10. Big canards means more surface area in the frontal and even horizontal aspects, also causes more drag slowing it down at Mach speeds. The reason they had to make them so big was because of the poor handling of that design. All the import fuselage characteristics that give a fighter more aerodynamics are covered up.

Good, hopefully you will come around to the rest of the facts.

I have the time to bring you to realisation. :)
I am sure that,if China can make J-20 this far,they can also make AESA,Advanced Avionics,reliable engines etc..
Chinese communist regime does not reveal anything.No one knew about existence J-20 before it was revealed.
Who knows?may be they might already have a reliable engines and AESA radars LOL!

AK471993

@Armand2REP

Oh yeah,Bro,thanks a lot for educating me about these stuffs.I am new to this.Hope i can learn more about military from People like you. ;)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I am sure that,if China can make J-20 this far,they can also make AESA,Advanced Avionics,reliable engines etc..
Chinese communist regime does not reveal anything.No one knew about existence J-20 before it was revealed.
Who knows?may be they might already have a reliable engines and AESA radars LOL!
Then how did I know of its existance? I knew for the last couple years Chengdu been working on a model, there is another from Shenyang but those misfits can't even tie their shoes together when it comes to innovation. Just because China works on something doesn't mean it is or will be anytime soon. That is a fact you need to grasp. If they do not have their hands on it with the instruction manual, the more complex it is, the longer it will take them to copy it.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
SYDNEY -(Dow Jones)- U.K. Secretary for Defense Liam Fox emphasized Tuesday the importance of the next generation U.S. F-35 Joint Strike Fighter to counter China's development of its own stealth jet after Britain and Australia agreed to strengthen defense cooperation in Asia during talks in Sydney.

"Clearly if we don't have the equipment others have we would put ourselves at a potential disadvantage that's why we are very committed to the Joint Strike Figther the F-35 because it does have the sort of fifth generation steath technology we are likely to need in the future," Fox told reporters in response to questions following the signing of the strategic pact. "The fact that China has unveiled that particular capability makes it all the more important we invest in the technology we require, which is why in the defence review we reiterated our commitment to that particular project."
this men are fooling their own people with tall claims that of J-20 like in old days they used to do about USSR. terrorising their own people so that they can fund/secure money for development of fighter machine.

i just do not understand one think if they have their own programme running/ developing less funded then why they are funding others(read american f-35) programme

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Canberra has become increasingly concerned by China's increase in military expenditure and is pressing for greater transparency on defense spending across the region, with Rudd using a recent visit to China to press for more openness in response to Beijing's military buildup. Australia's defense department estimates that China spent more than US$150 billion in 2009 on its military, more than double the official Chinese figure.

Australia is boosting defense spending as it seeks to counterbalance China's power in the region. Canberra plans to spend more than US$50 billion over the next 20 years on projects that include purchasing air warfare destroyers, submarines, frigates and the F-35 aircraft.
They are joking right :crazy:?! Counter-balance China? Puny Australians are going to counterbalance Chinese?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

How the heck are the going to do that? First of all, why are they feeling so threatened? China is miles away from Australia or her territorial islands, they both don't share nay borders, they both don't have any disputes and Australia is virtually dependent on China for its economic survival right now.

Do the kangaroos think that Chinese will invade them in the coming years? We should be the most worried and aggressively counter-acting force in the entire Asia in response to Chinese aggression but instead Australia and goodness knows what all countries, are panicking :dizzy:

AK471993

Then how did I know of its existance? I knew for the last couple years Chengdu been working on a model, there is another from Shenyang but those misfits can't even tie their shoes together when it comes to innovation. Just because China works on something doesn't mean it is or will be anytime soon. That is a fact you need to grasp. If they do not have their hands on it with the instruction manual, the more complex it is, the longer it will take them to copy it.
Bro,you knew about the design as well?Only fan made pics and designs were available before J-20 made its appearance.

Anyway,China sure needs some time to develop J-20.But i am sure that they will make it.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Bro,you knew about the design as well?Only fan made pics and designs were available before J-20 made its appearance.

Anyway,China sure needs some time to develop J-20.But i am sure that they will make it.
I didn't say I knew its exact design, I said I knew of its existence as well as knowing it was an evolution of the J-10. This was made awhile ago...

Not too far off.

AK471993

I didn't say I knew its exact design, I said I knew of its existence as well as knowing it was an evolution of the J-10. This was made awhile ago...

Not too far off.

^_^ we all knew about concept images like that one.But that pic looks stealthier than the real J-20.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles