Uighurs seek a passage to India

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
It's pure nonsense that you have better education for minority. As a democracy you failed to offer basic and equal education to citizens, and literacy is only 60% with which females are under 50%. Why do you choose to skip basic parameters to compare education systems of societies? You talk loads of superior values but the reality is different.
60% of anything is not indicative of a failure. The rest of your argument is a light-year south of the context. Within the growing number of people that do get to be educated and do get to seek jobs, a big percentage of the available resources are reserved for minorities and backward classes. You don't have to get this defensive and diversify your argument into a blatant holier than thou chest-thumping. Today's reality is that Uighurs and Tibetans think that they're better off in a country you vainly regard as inferior. That itself indicates how hollow the Chinese government's policy towards these minorities is.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
You are correct that China is a failed commie. I am glad you know this.
Oh, if you're trying to make a compliment out of "failed communism" = Win, then you're mistaken. China, in Xinjiang and Xizang, is transcending from this failing communism into dystopian totalitarianism, which is far worse.

qilaotou

Oh, if you're trying to make a compliment out of "failed communism" = Win, then you're mistaken. China, in Xinjiang and Xizang, is transcending from this failing communism into dystopian totalitarianism, which is far worse.
China is exploiting its own model of social development. We don't deny that we have various problems. But we don't take cheap shots based on facial values from less developed societies. It's useless to argue with you if you only think China has minority issues by taking India as a shinning role model.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I seriously doubt that Uighur refugees are going to end up in India. This article is mere speculation.

i too doubt they will reach india , for different reasons, ; the agressive patrolling at the borders nowadays

Quickgun Murugan

Why can't the Uighur's think about moving to Turkey or Kyrgyzstan instead? Turkey has always been sympathetic to Uighur's cause.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Why can't the Uighur's think about moving to Turkey or Kyrgyzstan instead? Turkey has always been sympathetic to Uighur's cause.
Turkey is too far and Kyrgyzstan is quite unstable now after the end of the tulip revolution, people also have a natural tendency to want to move where they feel they will have an economic future, India seems stable to the Uighur.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
We don't deny that we have various problems. But we don't take cheap shots based on facial values from less developed societies.
:wtf:

Evidently, the less-developed society here is the one that has deteriorated so bad, that its helpless people want to migrate to other countries.

It's useless to argue with you if you only think China has minority issues by taking India as a shinning role model.
Here's the problem. You people think superficially on pretty much everything. "India doesn't qualify for being argumentative on this issue, because it faces minority issues itself", is what you'd like to believe. But the fact that Tibetans and Uighurs opt for India, shows that the situation vis-a-vis minorities is far better than in China. So you could do with an advice or two about how to run a pluralistic society, especially when it's coming from a country that is at the receiving end of the repercussions of your social mismanagement.

badguy2000

Respected Member
if Indians like it, We can package all Uyghurs to India.

johnee

Its better if we give Ulighurs 'moral' and other forms of support but not assylum. The fact that they thought about Pakistan as a first choice and then India itself must be an indicator to us.

As for Chinese claiming that everything is hunky-dory, whats new?! Tarun, dont waste your time, everyone with an iota of common sense knows that no Indian community(any minority: religious, linguistic, regional,...etc) is so deseperate as Ulighurs or Tibetans. Neither is Indian state as totalitarian as PRC. So arguing that PRC is totalitarian and minorities are little better than slaves is like arguing that one plus one is equal to two. Dont waste your time with stupidity.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Tarun, dont waste your time, everyone with an iota of common sense knows that no Indian community(any minority: religious, linguistic, regional,...etc) is so deseperate as Ulighurs or Tibetans. Neither is Indian state as totalitarian as PRC. So arguing that PRC is totalitarian and minorities are little better than slaves is like arguing that one plus one is equal to two. Dont waste your time with stupidity.
The way your post is worded, comes across as if you thought I was disagreeing with any of that. If so, you're misunderstood, and could do with some eye-wear.

Otherwise, it's always fun playing with Chinese arrogant ignorance. Not everyone on the other side might knows/agrees with that 'axiom', some even wouldn't want it to be so. So it's not all that bad making it part of an argument. :)

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Its better if we give Ulighurs 'moral' and other forms of support but not assylum. The fact that they thought about Pakistan as a first choice and then India itself must be an indicator to us.
They are a Muslim group, and probably fell for Pakistan's self-proclaimed moral authority over Muslims, only to realise how hollow and pseudo it really is (after being returned to China). Next option naturally becomes India. There's nothing to read into.

johnee

The way your post is worded, comes across as if you thought I was disagreeing with any of that. If so, you're misunderstood, and could do with some eye-wear.
Sorry to have come across like that. I know you agree with what I said. I never meant to offend you. I only felt you were fighting a losing battle, remember the old saying: A fool brings you down to his level and then beats you by experience. :D

You are only according the chinese to spread their non-sense. You have done a great job of nailing down the chinese, but their classic retort(an obfuscation) is to chide India. It would have been better if the chinese posts are more tightly moderated for deviations and obfuscations of the real agenda of the thread. But since that is not happening, it is better to stop entertaining the trolls. Just my friendly suggestion. :)

johnee

They are a Muslim group, and probably fell for Pakistan's self-proclaimed moral authority over Muslims, only to realise how hollow and pseudo it really is (after being returned to China). Next option naturally becomes India. There's nothing to read into.
Yes, they are a muslim group and think themselves as muslims first. This is a dangerous line of thinking that could mean more trouble in future for any host nation. It is better from India's POV if they stay in China and forment trouble and we could 'support' them.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Yes, they are a muslim group and think themselves as muslims first. This is a dangerous line of thinking that could mean more trouble in future for any host nation. It is better from India's POV if they stay in China and forment trouble and we could 'support' them.
No, it's simple logistics. Aksai Chin is connected to Xinjiang, and there could be a path to POK. Being a Muslim country, Pakistan could have been the first choice. I don't think there was anything to it more than the fact that they needed to get out, fast.

Their seeking passage to India reiterates to the world just how pseudo and purely political Pakistan's Kashmir ambitions really are.

For India, it wouldn't be right to deny asylum to at least some Uighurs, as that would portray India's pluralism as selective. That's as far as we can go. We don't/can't support separatism in China.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Again a thread has been hijacked to showcase Chinese propaganda.
First, this thread is about the Uighers coming to India. I dont think we want anymore refugees coming to India. We have enough problems with others here.
I dont think I would mind a screened process of letting in well heeled Uighers coming with a lot of money to invest and who are trackable. We dont want any mass influx.

And to all the Chinese hijacking this thread, if there was no problem in China with the minorities, they would not be looking for asylum elsewhere. and if they are all loved and cared for in China, we wouldnt have members telling "we would be more than happy to pack them away". The amount of hatred i have seen from the Chinese members on this forum, i can only wonder how the minorities are living there.

That said, no more hijacking of threads.

ppgj

i think the article which i read on the times crest is too whimsical at best. it does not have any broad basis to base its opinion on. the writer just spoke to one two individuals and then broadbases it as some sort of general assertion in xinjiang. it has no value whatsoever.
that said problem in xinjiang is very real and it would not be easier for either side, uighur and chinese to resolve in a forseeable future. may be in future with demography being hanised and threat of AQ, plus the reaction of the muslim world(turkey has already protested)- chinese will have to come to grips on the situation and decide the future.
india will do well to stay away from this except for its right on aksai chin which may see resolution with xinjiang.

smiling_scorpion

Instead of thinking on these lines think on what you need to do to make china a true multi-cultural society, not one dominated by the han ideology, this time it's the uighur next time it may be the tajiks or someone else, you cannot wish and repress away the desire of indigenous people to live their lives according to the tenets of their faith and culture.

Also what about the hui chinese do you want them to leave as well?

china ethno linguistic minorities map
it's very funny for you to say that.it seems that there are so many religious conflict in India .

Jam

total BS, india isnt a dustbin so that all world's crap to be spilled here. They must seek any uzbek or kyrgyz or any other stan, if pakistan cant absorb them.

India have many more cultural and historical boundings with tibet, so the cases cant be matched at all.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles